What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Trial Results

Frederick

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
Our Premier League team played against a first grade team and lost.
Not really a first grade team, about half and half based on the squad we sent. Few regular first graders, couple of fringe first graders, and some of last years premmy league/jersey flegg players, plus 2 guys who were trying to play their way into a contract. Main thing is, as you mentioned, we had our big 3 out.

mxlegend99

Referee
Captain_Fred said:
Not really a first grade team, about half and half based on the squad we sent. Fair few regular first graders, couple of fringe first graders, and some of last years premmy league/jersey flegg players. Main thing is, as you mentioned, we had our big 3 out.
True, it wasn't a full strength first grade squad. The main point was the Raiders first grade team lost to a team without ANY first graders.

I'm still not yet sure what our line-up was the last quarter. Only heard we benched ALL our first graders. But it would be silly to do that, as i don't think we had an entire back-up squad in the correct positions.

strewth_mate

Bench
I'm pretty unsure of the exact details, but for the Knights we rarely win trial matches. I can personally only remember 2 victories, maybe 3. While our regular season form isn't always brilliant, I admit, it does indicate that trials mean nothing. In fact, a loss might even be a sign that the coach intended to do a bit of experimenting; I'd be happy with the young fellas in my side having a run at the expense of a trial loss.

Frederick

Staff member
greeneyed said:
St Helens 18 Broncos 14 even funnier.
Not really, cause they were both full strength first grade teams. This is a full strength first grade team losing to a full strength QLD cup team :)

Captain_Fred said:
Not really, cause they were both full strength first grade teams. This is a full strength first grade team losing to a full strength QLD cup team :)

Full strength isnt missing two key forwards, two regular backs, and umpteen different new combinations in the backline.

But like I said, its only a trial game.

Balmain_Boy

Spin it whatever way you like Raiders' fans but that ain't a good sign. Not that our 10 point win over Souths Logan is either.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well a few surprises but gosh guys lets wait till the real thing starts. They are ONLY trials FFS!

Danish

Referee
Haven't the raiders been practically unbackable favourites for the spoon the last 3 seasons???

They won't get it. They always pull a few wins out of their arse.

Canard

Immortal
Hey thats cool that the 2006 trial result for the Cowboys and Warriors game was posted.

Just for the record the game that was played this year finished 32 to 14 in the Cowboys favour.

Can you also post the results of the 1976 Amco midweek cup next time..:sarcasm:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Handy attitude there Canard. People are just posting up scores to the best of their knowledge and mistakes happen. That's why people like your good self are helpful with the corrections.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's what I thought I was doing. lol
A fine pisstaker like 'your good self' should have seen it straight off.

btw...this is the winky thing you're looking for: ;-)

CowMan

Juniors
:D
COWBOYS WIN FIRST TRIAL
Latest News 24 Feb 2007
The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys started season 2007 on a winning note with a victory in their first trial against the NZ Warriors 32-14 at Mackay this evening.
www.cowboys.com.au

Tigertread

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
is their cowboy fans here weird, why do they hardly post in their own section as well!
Yeah we are all weird for posting in a confirmed trial thread.

Latest posts