What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Trial Results

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
fair dinkum you blokes :lol:
this was a bloody trial game, it means squat :lol:
i hope this result pushes our top 8 price up :)

This is true (the broncos were hammered by th storm by 50 odd last yr) but to lose to a neville QLD cup team....thats a tad concerning.

greeneyed

First Grade
Captain_Fred said:
Not really, cause they were both full strength first grade teams. This is a full strength first grade team losing to a full strength QLD cup team :)

But Phil Gould and Peter Sterling tell us all the time that Super League is Premier League standard. :lol:

simon says

First Grade
Maybe Canberra should play in the ESL then....more their standard by the look of it........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
douglasallen91 said:
is their cowboy fans here weird, why do they hardly post in their own section as well!
Because it's just after the off season and news is slow...and um we're the ones that aren't weird.
Check your grammar mate:lol:
Anyway good game for the Cows very happy with that result,I feel for the Raiders...maybe the prem league team was really good?:sarcasm:

greeneyed

First Grade
simon says said:
Maybe Canberra should play in the ESL then....more their standard by the look of it.......:lol: :lol:

Hi Simon... geez I've missed you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Can't say I'm not disappointed Dragons lost, but after losing our most senior players you can't expect to be as good as you were the first game of the year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
This is true (the broncos were hammered by th storm by 50 odd last yr) but to lose to a neville QLD cup team....thats a tad concerning.

a little concerning yes, but understand one of the reasons we are tipped for the spoon is because our entire spine. 1, 6, 7 and 9 is completely different from last year, its going to take time for those players to gel with the team and the team to gel with them. TBH i expect an extremely slow start to our season, but we'll come home with a wet sail. Unlike some teams who might kick off the season well and finish poorly, we are only going to get better for each game we play

Raider_69

Post Whore
just reading the report now, looks like we had 1000 chances but cocked it up at the end. Poor defensively aswell with way too much drop ball. All things that arnt too difficult to fix up

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
I hear your messiahs Dobson and Zillman were both pathetic.

Dobson apparently played ok, he will get better with more game time, but zillman had a shocker at fullback, which confirms my long held belief that zillman is not a fullback, he is and always has been a half. Dont worry about us JM :)

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
a little concerning yes, but understand one of the reasons we are tipped for the spoon is because our entire spine. 1, 6, 7 and 9 is completely different from last year, its going to take time for those players to gel with the team and the team to gel with them.

How much time do you expect that to take?
Do you hope to win 4 of the first 10 games?

Lowdown

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
a little concerning yes, but understand one of the reasons we are tipped for the spoon is because our entire spine. 1, 6, 7 and 9 is completely different from last year, its going to take time for those players to gel with the team and the team to gel with them. TBH i expect an extremely slow start to our season, but we'll come home with a wet sail. Unlike some teams who might kick off the season well and finish poorly, we are only going to get better for each game we play

Ahh..I love the sound of OFD (Obsessive Fan Disorder)...makes you say and do crazy things. As much as you think you love them..you are actually hurting them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
How much time do you expect that to take?
Do you hope to win 4 of the first 10 games?

Hmm a fair while, as i said we've completely changed our spine and style, it will take awhile to get everyone to click. We've got a reasonable start to season. From round 1-10, if we can get 5 wins id be reasonably happy. 3 or less would be extremely disappointing. The last 10 is where i expect us to start showing something to really worry people for the 08/09 seasons

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Doesn't sound like anyone will have to worry about the Raiders this year.

If thats the case, then what are you doing here trying to bait us? ;-)
as i said, if we are as rubbish as you say, then you dont have to worry about us and we'll drift quietly into the night. Clearly something we have has got you concerned. Must be our cheerleaders eh?

phonetic

Juniors
I was at the Souths v Sharks game last night in Gosford, and both teams looked awful, even before the rain set in. A lot of work to do for these two sides.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
sharks smash the rabbitohs as predicted
seymour proves to be one of the signings of the year already
covell has a blinder
The f**kwit is back..... one trial win & you're gloating...

Latest posts