What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Trial Results

mxlegend99

Referee
Well. Raiders losing to a Premier League squad.

I guess that their odds for the Premiership must have dropped out nearly altogether. They must be paying around 2 bucks for the spoon now.

Frederick

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
I guess that their odds for the Premiership must have dropped out nearly altogether. They must be paying around 2 bucks for the spoon now.
I think that's what they were paying before this match. Right now they're prolly at 50c or less for the spoon

mxlegend99

Referee
Rob Weaver (24/02/2007)
We lost. Final score 30-18. Top players on bench for last quarter.

More details later.

Panthers lost 16-0 last quarter against the Knights.

Not sure which players were on or off the field. Not good either way.

Johns Magic

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
Panthers lost 16-0 last quarter against the Knights.

Not sure which players were on or off the field. Not good either way.

Could you forward on those details when they come? Thanks mate

mxlegend99

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Could you forward on those details when they come? Thanks mate
Will do. Only aware that full time was Knights 30 to Panthers 18 at the moment. Rob Weaver at PI has been the only up to date source i can find.

Damn i hope we had no first graders in that last quarter though. 16-0 is pityful. The only redeeming thing is that it was pissing down and our team is sh*t in the rain. Even then, no Joey, Bedsy or Simpson :x

kooriguy

Juniors
penrith stars rested in final quarter.. up 18-14 before last quarter but the young blokes let in 16 unanswered in the final quarter to go down 30-18 to knights

Raider_69

Post Whore
fair dinkum you blokes :lol:
this was a bloody trial game, it means squat :lol:
i hope this result pushes our top 8 price up :)

mxlegend99

Referee
Well... on one hand, our good players won the area they played. On the other.... our future players got owned 16-0.

I can't see much of a bright side. Except that it's only a trial and these guys now know what first grade footy is like. Good to see Daniela in for a try though. Might be able too keep Rooney honest this year.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If we lost to an opposing NRL team then it would mean squat but we went down to a bunch of part timers. Not a good sign.

Captain_Fred said:
I love this headline from FoxSports.com.au

Really, was anyone shocked? :lol:

Anyone but a raider's supporter wouldn't have been....especially some of the idiots you see posting on here :lol: :lol:

I was shocked, I expected more from what I consider to be a talented bunch of up an comers, but, it is only a trial game after all.

mxlegend99

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
Penriths young blokes let in points, Raiders young blokes let in points, I dont see much difference mx.......
Uhhh, the difference is that your entire first grade team played (or just about). They played against a PREMIER LEAGUE team and lost. Our Premier League team played against a first grade team and lost. We didn't have our first grade squad. We had most of our first graders, and the majority of up and comers.

Yes, the games don't mean sh*t. But as it stands, the only games to judge our teams off this year, are Raiders losing to a PL team. And Panthers young fellas getting smashed by the Knights.

I'm not happy with our young fellas. Although we did run with 26 players, half of which had never played first grade before. So there were a lot of newcomers.

Walt Flanigan said:
If we lost to an opposing NRL team then it would mean squat but we went down to a bunch of part timers. Not a good sign.

Exactly. It's just a trails game. But it should raise some concerns. Our juniors losing 16-0 in 20mins against Knights has me very worried, even if it was only a trial.

mxlegend99 said:
Uhhh, the difference is that your entire first grade team played (or just about). They played against a PREMIER LEAGUE team and lost. Our Premier League team played against a first grade team and lost. We didn't have our first grade squad. We had most of our first graders, and the majority of up and comers.

Yes, the games don't mean sh*t. But as it stands, the only games to judge our teams off this year, are Raiders losing to a PL team. And Panthers young fellas getting smashed by the Knights.

I'm not happy with our young fellas. Although we did run with 26 players, half of which had never played first grade before. So there were a lot of newcomers.

Given that there are new combinations that were tried for only the first time tonight, im going to wait till I pass judgement on our squad this year, but I hope to god the rest of the season doesnt turn out like this.

mxlegend99

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
Given that there are new combinations that were tried for only the first time tonight, im going to wait till I pass judgement on our squad this year, but I hope to god the rest of the season doesnt turn out like this.
That's fair enough. Similarly, we had an entire inexperienced team on the field for the remaining 20mins. I'm very concerned that we let in 16 unanswered points, but it was their first game. So who knows.

The only good thing to come out of it for the Panthers, is that we have no reported injuries, and that we had over 10 juniors from last year get some first grade experience. One of which scored a try (Geoff Daniella).

Latest posts