What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats North Queensland - you DESERVE to be there!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Just reading some of the garbage excuses sprouted here re yesterdays game. I'm shocked that North Queensland are not being shown the grace by some fans for turning up to play yesterday. They did the only thing they can be asked to do - their best. They did it, and deserve their title shot more than Parra.

Forget bagging the Mackintyre system. ALL of the last 4 teams have copped their big floggings this year - Souths put 40 on Parra. The date aside, what's the difference?

Turning around a team from a 50 point flogging in a semi finals game into grand finallists in 2 games is a f**king awesome achievement by Graham Murray. It deserves to go down in history alongside Saints in '96 and the Dogs in '95.

Parra choked - pure and simple. They forgot they were a premiership favorite, and suddenly dragged out last years game plan. "Wags, run out of the defensive line and leave a gap that Amanda Vanstone could waddle through. Forwards, try and get to halftime without sweating. Tim, I know you are young, so I've invited Paul Cariage along to give you some kicking tips!"

Just like ther prelim finals of '98 and '99, and the GF of '01. The result was the same - only the players names have changed.

Parra can't blame the week off. We have won twice after byes this year. Saints have that excuse - 2 games in a month has to take it's toll. At least Saints fans can say that their team tried. Besides, the week off has been overcome by Folkes, Stuart, Bennet in the past. Why couldn't Parra?

Saints have a young coach who overcame a horror start to the year to take is side to premiership favoritism. Brian Smith took premiership favorites and made them into a pathetic rabble. Why the f**k was Nathan Hindmarsh not playing??? Wayne Bennet rushed Shane Webcke back from injury - and it almost worked. Parra needed Hindy's workaholic enthusiasm. But I'm glad his knee will now be right to walk from the kitchen to the barbecue next Sunday.

No doubt Denis Fitzf**ckhead will resign Smith for another 5 year contract.

Parra have no excuses - we only have ourselves to blame. Hell, I almost feel sorry for the Broncos for denying them the minor premiership, and a week off. What they could have achieved with that!

Grand finals are about teams with courage and heart. Wests and North Queensland are deserved combatents.

Congrats to North Queensland - don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve to be there. At least you are a blue and gold side with some bloody ticker!!!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
A complete contrast to last years euphoria. No one seemed to expect this. They were just cannon fodder for the Parramatta juggernaut.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You f**king ponce.

You are as arrogant as all hell pre-game... and then spout this sh*te?

Go jump fruitcake.

Choke v.
1. A gagging movement in the throat caused by the awkward lodging of a swallowed object.
2. n. A device used in an internal-combustion engine to enrich the fuel mixture by reducing the flow of air to the carburetor.
3. Parramatta Eels
4. St George-Illawarra Dragons

Humphrey

Juniors
Sorry as stated in another thread. I hate the McIntyre system for this exact posturing.
Cowboys (and I do rate and support them over other Clubs) dont "deserve" to be there in the greater scheme. They came fifth overall. Played. Lost by 40 odd points. Thats where it should have ended. Season over.
Given that they won last nights game - sure they won and as the winners of that game are going to play the GF but if it was a better system and Ill put my hand up and say I only support Top 5 at the end of the day they wouldnt have got a second shot like that. If you finish fifth in top 5 who have to bust your arse every game to get through AND thats how it should be

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I do believe the Cowboys "busted their arse" in Weeks 2 and 3. Any team who wins the premiership should have to, and clearly the Eels and Bandragons :oops: didn't think they had to.

raidar

Juniors
I have no doubt the Cowboys deserve to be there. I just hope they play better then the last time they played the Tigers.

Zeb

Juniors
I seem to recall that when you win a game you get 2 points, win it by 1 or win it by 50, you still only get two points. What's this bullsh*t about Cowboys losing by 50 and then they're not deserving enough to continue? What if they only lost by 1 to the Tigers? Would they still not deserve it then? Stupid logic. If this were the case they might as well have a threshold system for the entire season: I.e: if you get beaten by 30 or more then you're out of the comp seeya later. At the end of the season there would be about three teams remaining, even though the team that came third lost every game but were never beaten by more than 30. What a stupid excuse.

bowen_1

Juniors
I agree. How can people say we don't deserve to be there? It must be just bitter fans of rival clubs who aren't there, and don't deserve to either. Name me another club, besides Tigers and Cowboys, who deserves to be in the GF?

kickback

Juniors
good on you cowboys and tigers>> you both have proved that you are the best 2 teams in the NRL and Parra and Saints and chokers>>>> by by smith by by Nathen

nqboy

First Grade
Whinge all you want about the McIntyre, the byes and whatever other excuses you can dream up. We're there because we won the games that counted.

Angry_eel

First Grade
ye congrats to NQ and eventhough they beat us, im supporting NQ this week, cause i just don't like those tigers at all.

On ya Mitsy :D

The year of the Upsets Continues.

One thing for sure. No-one will be 100% sure of whats gonna hapen come GF day :D