What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats on the title Cowboys

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Immortal Luke Covell said:
A bit more than some calls. Looks at Hurriflatch's orginal post. I'm not saying eelavation is blaming the ref on the game (You're a good bloke). Hurri is in his orginal posts. (He's a good bloke too, just blaming the ref on this occasion)

they were crucial calls, 50/50 at best..all of those went against us, including some dumb plays and injuries..

that's life.

BWNB

First Grade
Cowboys are awsome , i cant wait till we line up agaisnt them , will it be a repeat of last yr when we beat th em by 30;-);-) ;-) :sch:

Iafeta

Referee
Hurriflatch, Eelavation, the better team won. Thats undisputable.

Its highly debatable and contentious that the Cowboys got the better of the refereeing. Why should Smith have been sinbinned after Robinson copped the Cowboys player with a disgraceful swinging arm? Why shouldn't Stringer have been binned for fighting, or his high shot two rucks later?

The better team won on the night, the result was a fair reflection of the game, game over. Move on.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Parramatta - absolute rubbish.

I promised not to ever tip them again after last week, but I broke my promise.

Useless.

Y2Eel

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:

Useless.

lets just wait till the storm play your mob...

hopefully benji is playing cos if not theres goes my tips :lol:

simon says

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:

Useless.

Hehehehe......I reckon if anyone flew under the radar last year it was them.Backed the Cowgirls,very happy.

PS....Ive also backed the Storm this weekend.

simon says

First Grade
Iafeta said:
I thought if anything the Cowboys were hard done by throughout the night.

I was a bit miffed with Smith's sinbinning, seemed to be a bit of push and shove which was warranted considering what Robinson did. By some small miracle he wasn't sent off, rather sinbinned.

Secondly, if Simpkins was cracking down on fighting, clearly Stringer should have binned for his shot at Bowen.

As far as the Riddell no try, what right did Wade McKinnon have holding onto Matt Bowen? Clear no try. And by the way Riddell was carrying on, he too was lucky not to get binned.

Fair win, cop it on the chin and move on.

Spot on......thats how I saw it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: at Parra fans balming the ref/whining.

Very funny.:D

Y2Eel

First Grade
With or without the res help the cowboys will be hard to beat...

Thurston had a quiet one last night but they still got the wood

Red Bear

Referee
I thought Mckinnon stood there arms in air, which he is entitled to do, and ridell went around him. Bowen would not have stopped ridell thats for sure

Y2Eel

First Grade
Iafeta said:
No his left arm is to the side, horizontal, like he's catching him.

it was still a line ball decision bowen was never going to stop piggy, some common sense and logic would have to come into play...

skeepe

Immortal
Y2Eel said:
it was still a line ball decision bowen was never going to stop piggy, some common sense and logic would have to come into play...

When it goes to the video ref there is no discretion though. Whether Bowen would have stopped him or not, he was prevented the opportunity to attempt it. As far as the video ref is concerned, that's all that matters.

Iafeta

Referee
Y2Eel said:

The video referee's mandate is not to speculate, he has to read it black and white as to what did or didn't happen, not what the end result have been if it didn't happen.

Mr Saab

Referee
Parra were not helped by some decisions but they were also not helped by their own play.

Props dropping the ball often.
Tim smith throwing some bad passes
Tim smith throwing the ball to a prop on the last tackle...

These decisions also impact on a game...just as much if not more so than what the man with the whistle does or does not do.

Iafeta

Referee
Good points Saab. Paul Stringer was absolutely abysmal out there, they should put him in reggies for Cordoba after that effort. No composure, dropped pill, punches thrown for penalties, high shots for penalties, all at crucial stages of the match. His performance at the end ultimately blew any chance of a comeback.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
How about a little bit of congratulations directed at the Cowboys for the way they played? Don't forget that they were trailing 14-0 with about three to go til halftime. To me, any team who leads by 14 and gets beaten, can't blame the referee but themselves.

nqboy

First Grade
Jobdog said:
How about a little bit of congratulations directed at the Cowboys for the way they played? Don't forget that they were trailing 14-0 with about three to go til halftime.
Nah, let 'em blame the ref. It makes it easier for us to repeat the dose next time around.

I loved the post by one member that no team has ever been beaten by the Cowboys, they've either beaten themselves, the ref cruelled them, injuries beat them...:lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Coach

Juniors
Damn you are an assclown some times Hurri.

We lost, get over it, it's gonna happen again this season.

Yes we could have won that game, but we lost it for ourselves, not the ref. Maybe if we try catching passes and playing the ball to somebody we would have a better chance.

I will say the injury toll had a bigger part to play than the ref, but that happens ask the Dogs and Knights.