What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy theories again.......

yobbo84

Coach
Maybe if the Cowboys players hadn't have dogged it for the first 18 weeks of the year they wouldn't have been in the position they were in?

Thurston needs to understand the lay of the land a bit. At no point in existence will his minority club ever hope to be as big as the only two foundation clubs remaining. The fact that the two biggest clubs (outside of Brisbane) are the best two teams this year would undoubtedly have the NRL salivating. But manufacturing results? Ludicrous.

If Dessie was fined $10k for his outburst, Thurston and Henry should be fined $50k each.

Knock On

Juniors
Why doesn’t the Rugby League community have any respect for its own game?

Marginalised - the community who love Rugby League but do not live in Sydney?

Australia - a silly country where power is corupted on all occassions.

Knock On

Juniors
Thurston should be Australian of the Year. Talk about immortals. Thurston is better than all of them put together.

Valheru

Coach
I feel sorry for Cowboys players. Officials and fans, I really do but to call it a conspiracy is ridiculous especially coming from that moron JT. He doesn’t mind having the better of refereeing decisions in origin games apparently.

Anyways, let’s analyse his claims. The 7th tackle thing was a disgrace but it happened in the 8th minute, is he suggesting that Perenara and Checcin miscounted on purpose and not only that, but they can see the future and knew that there would only be 2 points in it 72 minutes later?

He claims that the NRL wants an all Sydney GF because QLD keep winning. Since the streak started in 06 there have been 7 grand finals and 6 of them included at least one non Sydney team with Brisbane, Melbourne and the Warriors making appearances. Further, the previous year his own Cowboys were there, the warriors were there in 02, Brisbane in 00 and 98 and Melbourne again in 99. Yep, massive conspiracy.

Finally, has he ever stopped to think that the fact him and his teammates only decided to play for the coach once he got the sack may have made things difficult?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Maybe if the Cowboys players hadn't have dogged it for the first 18 weeks of the year they wouldn't have been in the position they were in?

Thurston needs to understand the lay of the land a bit. At no point in existence will his minority club ever hope to be as big as the only two foundation clubs remaining. The fact that the two biggest clubs (outside of Brisbane) are the best two teams this year would undoubtedly have the NRL salivating. But manufacturing results? Ludicrous.

If Dessie was fined $10k for his outburst, Thurston and Henry should be fined $50k each.

I think you mean Toovey, but it's a very good point.

Personally I want to see Thurston sat down for Round 1 or something. The comments go to the very integrity of the game.

no name

Coach
Was just about to post this.

If NSW people had a little more class and understanding they'd allow JT/Henry/Tate/whoever the right to make a couple of stupid comments in the heat of the moment.

I agree comments made in the press conference, post game etc. could be let through. They are heat of the moment comments.
Comments saying its a Sydney conspiracy due to Origin the next day should not be let go. Thuston should be punished for his ridiculous statement.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Did the Sharks score on the 7th tackle? Yes
Did it change the outcome of the game? No

They had the chance to win, but lost. Get over it already!

Timmah

Staff member
I had a giggle.

No idea who Jonothan Thurston is, but apparently he writes forward? Is he a psychic?

JonnoM

Juniors
Why the hell would the Ref deliberately go to 7 tackles when its a blatent and obvious mistake and would be highlighted by all ,including the media??

Sorry,any ref with half a brain would award dodgy penalties
-Play the ball penalties
-Inside the 10
-Sin bin
-Etc etc.
if they had some other agenda.

I had some respect for Thurston and now he is come across as a spoilt goose.
Using Origin as the trigger for this so called bias is complete and utter crap.

The bottom line is that the Refs today are rubbish.
Go ask Toovey and Stuart and ask them if its NSW bias!

eozsmiles

Bench
The thing about a conspiracy is that they are organised, they are well thought out. You spend a bit of time organising it, getting all the right people on side, working out where the money goes, covering tracks, etc etc. You make sure you get the result.

Which makes me think that a referee miscounting one set of tackles mid way through the first half of a game is not within cooee of a set up or conspiracy or whatever. Especially when the designated "loser" is allowed to get as close to winning as they did.

Can JT or Henry explain how the conspiracy lasted for one tackle and then dropped off to the point where the Cowboys could have won?

Everyone knows that if a ref or the NRL wanted to "fix" or "influence" a result, there are far easier and more powerful ways to do it.

The difference between this and a Toovey rant is that Toovey talks about things with an ongoing influence such as inconsistent rulings and diving. Most coaches are the same, they rant about the same things. This conspiracy rant is about an isolated mistake. It's not like a grey area in the video ref process, it's not gamesmanship or "cheating" in the ruck, it's not milking penalties. This rant is just because of all the people that f***ed something up on saturday and cost the Cowboys the game, it is easiest to hammer the ref because he looks stupidest.

eozsmiles

Bench
James Tamou dropped the ball on tackle 2, 20m out from the Sharks line early in the first half. Not a defender touching him, just dropped it cold.

Now, I know he is sort of from NSW, and I don't want to read too much into things, but.............

JonnoM

Juniors
Of course it happens.
We are going to argue about refereeing decisions for the rest of yours and my life.

But to go on about 7 tackles and a NSW conspiracy.

F***g ridiculous from the Queenslander.

Timmah

Staff member
Further to the point they were saying Sydney-centric... which would even exclude Newcastle, and Melbourne too.

Either way... LOL @ Thurston.

Timmah

Staff member
If they were so set on a Sydney team winning:

- why give Cronulla, of all teams, a leg up? Surely the NRL would be looking to stop them at every turn as they continue to be under drug scrutiny?

- why would Melbourne be allowed to win last year's premiership? If the comp is so Sydney-centric, why would a team just two years out of a cap rorting punishment be allowed to win?

- This incident (which was a massive f**k up, sure, hang the refs out to dry!) happened in the 8th minute. That means 72 minutes are available to overcome the stuff-up. The Cowboys led TWICE after that point throughout the game and weren't good enough to hold it. Hell, they were in the bottom three with ten rounds to play... maybe they should've given a shit in the first half of the year?

newman

First Grade
Further to the point they were saying Sydney-centric... which would even exclude Newcastle, and Melbourne too.

Either way... LOL @ Thurston.

The same Thurston who wasn't penalised for this trip on Gallen, causing him to spill the ball and scoring off the next play?

1236763_10151580094451316_1565759502_n.jpg