What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy theories again.......

Canard

Immortal
Thurston needs to understand the lay of the land a bit. At no point in existence will his minority club ever hope to be as big as the only two foundation clubs remaining.

So in other words NQ is a pissant club that means nothing, so you shouldn't complain when clear mistakes go against you.

Bench
Bag Thurston if you like,but bag the Sharks fans as well,no wonder he was still cranky the next day.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/story-fni3g8pa-1226720043135?from=public_js
ANGRY North Queensland players almost came to blows with abusive Cronulla fans in the wake of Saturday night’s farcical defeat.
Veteran Brent Tate last night told The Daily Telegraph it was the most disgusting abuse he had witnessed in his time in the game — and said one player had to be physically restrained from retaliating.
The NRL yesterday attempted to shift blame to Allianz Stadium management for the stuff-up, but a furious Cowboys football manager Peter Parr declared it was just another case of “NRL incompetence”.
Tate said that Sharks supporters were only inches away from the players’ faces and hurling insults such as “Queensland f…ing c....’’ and “c...suckers’’ at the Cowboys players only minutes after their heartbreaking defeat.
676047-saturday-night-nrl.jpg

Dejected Cowboys players after conceding a try. Picture: Harding Fiona

With the players still reeling from the seven-tackle try fiasco that robbed them of victory, the North Queenslanders were then forced to inexplicably make their way from Allianz Stadium to their dressing rooms at the nearby SCG with next to no security.
The abuse started on the so-called “Walk of Fame”.
“Honestly, the way they were carrying on, if one of our boys had snotted one of them I would have said ‘mate, fair play’,’’ Tate said.

Frustrated Thurston speaks to Lara Pitt 2:12

FSD_140913_NRL_THURSTON_1_ON_1.jpg

Fox Sports NRL reporter Lara Pitt caught up with a frustrated Cowboys skipper, Johnathan Thurston, in the dressing rooms.

• Fox Sports
  • 14 September 2013
  • Sport/NRL Sport/NRL/NRL Premiership/Previews & Reviews

news+
Hi, to access news+ premium content, please Continue

“There was one guy in particular who was pretty much in my face calling me for everything. Saying ‘you are nothing but a Queensland f...ing c...’.
“It is pretty hard to bite your tongue and keep walking, let me tell you. He had his hands in front of me, it wasn’t nice.
“It was things you wouldn’t say to your worst enemy. I thought it was pretty disgusting really.’’

Cowboys angry at ref blunder 2:44

2406324981_promo203463330_316x237_2406325649-pre.jpg

North Qld coach Neil Henry has slammed NRL officials for the circumstances of their finals elimination.

• Sky News
  • 15 September 2013
  • Sport

news+

Teammate Gavin Cooper said Tate copped the worst of it the abuse but others including Cooper, Glenn Hall, James Tamou and even retiring legend Matt Bowen were targeted by the foul-mouthed Cronulla fans.
“They were up in our faces which wasn’t cool,’’ Cooper said. “I thought the security would have done a better job.”
Asked if the players felt like retaliating, Cooper said: “You’d like to but obviously we can’t. There would have been a big shit-fight had that have happened.’’

Henry: NRL is Sydney centric 1:06

FSD_140913_NRL_NQL_HENRY_SYDNEY_CENTRIC.jpg

Cowboys coach Neil Henry was fired up in the press conference, arguing that North Queensland are hard done by a league that is 'Sydney centric'.

• Fox Sports
  • 14 September 2013
  • Sport/NRL Sport/NRL/NRL Premiership/Previews & Reviews

news+

Tate added: “There was one security guard, I think, and I didn’t even know where he was. One of our boys had to be held back there at the end because it was getting to that point.
“When someone is up in your face calling you those sort of names it takes a bit of restraint. I’m just glad I held it really because emotions were pretty high after the game.’’
The NRL said Allianz Stadium management was responsible for the security lapse after promising the pathway between Allianz and the SCG would be cordoned off.
But North Queensland football manager Peter Parr last night fired a broadside at the NRL, saying that a Cowboys player could easily have been attacked.
“There could have been an assault or an incident, the NRL went back on their word and let us down badly,’’ Parr said.
“It’s embarrassing that fans were able to touch our players and abuse them — they were Cronulla supporters in their Sharks gear.
“The abuse our players copped was nothing short of disgusting. They were calling us c.... and c...suckers.
“They got so close they were touching our players, it was ridiculous and just another example of NRL incompetence. When we agreed to prepare at the SCG, we were given assurances by the NRL that there would be no public-access or interference to our path from the SCG.’’
``There should have been protection for the players but there wasn’t. We tried to work hard with the NRL, we tried to be as low-maintenance as possible. We’ve made a complaint and they said they would look into it, just like they are looking into the refereeing issue.
``Everything is a review with the NRL. It was another case of the NRL not being able to control something ... it’s amateur hour.’’
A representative from the Rugby League Players’ Association also witnessed the horrible abuse and is set to file an official complaint.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Pure class, yet Cowboys fans are being called scumbags on LU, for having the hide to be upset at a referee's error.

Liddell

Juniors
I'm going to actually laugh at Beau's "that was a stitch up, hahahaha" this week on the Footy Show.

ceagle

Bench
So Tooves get fined for having a go at the quality of the reffing but Henry and Thurston can question the integrity of the officials and claim a conspiracy and Greenberg supports that??

Sack Greenberg you piece of shit.

inb4 typical Manly whinger.

no name

Coach
I thought Toovey was unlucky to cop his fine, I think the way he delivered contributed to them fining him rather than what he actually said.
These two have said much worse and look like getting away with it.

Knock On

Juniors
If the Sydney based NRL cannot get its act together on things like this absolute refereeing debacle for the second year in a row, perhaps Queensland should pull out of State of Origin and have a yearly three test series against New Zealand? At least they might provide Queensland with a bit of competition

ceagle

Bench
I thought Toovey was unlucky to cop his fine, I think the way he delivered contributed to them fining him rather than what he actually said.
These two have said much worse and look like getting away with it.
When the Cowboys claim conspiracy Greenberg only says

"Greenburg on TripleM Sydney said he won't be fining Neil Henry for suggesting there was an NRL conspiracy after the 7 tackle farce"

Greenberg said:
"because he spoke from the heart and showed the raw emotion of losing an NRL game"

But when Tooves questions the awful quality of the reffing in the Manly v Souffs where Tooves was perfectly within his rights, Greenberg says

Greenberg said:
I accept that emotion is a big part of our game but that is not an excuse for making unwarranted attacks on match officials," Greenberg said in a statement.

You contradictive corrupt piece of shit

Last edited:

Rod

Bench

"Greenburg on TripleM Sydney said he won't be fining Neil Henry for suggesting there was an NRL conspiracy after the 7 tackle farce"

But when Tooves questions the awful quality of the reffing in the Manly v Souffs game he says

That is a disgrace.

Shorty

Staff member

But when Tooves questions the awful quality of the reffing in the Manly v Souffs game he says

Toovey shouldn't have been fined, but had him spoken a bit less aggressively he may not have got a fine.
Coaches need to continue speaking out because the calls happen every year and they seem to be getting worse.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
So very proud of Parr and the club for calling out the incompetence here.

The whole double header has been a fiasco.

As to the Cronulla fans, well no surprises there.

Those Sharks fans that resort to despicable behavior like that need to be banned for life.

As a Sharks supporter I definitely don't condone that garbage behavior

Canard

Immortal
Neil Henry should be fined and suspended from his next role for at least 10 games in my opinion.