What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy theories again.......

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
It was a terrible mistake, and I hoped the referees are sacked for the rest of the finals and held accountable for such a major stuff up. But this is no anti Queensland agenda.

The sad thing is, the Cowboys will focus on being 'robbed' instead of spending time focusing on the real issue for them, why they spent 3/4 of the year playing like rubbish and only just sneaking into the 8 on the back of 6 weeks of desperation. They had a team on paper that should have at least pushed for a top 4 finish.

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
The Sydney Mafia nailed the Broncos good and proper. Where did they finish? 11th? Bloody southerners.

Loudstrat

Coach
At the start of this thread no one new about the shocking lack of security NQ players were exposed to. That is an utter disgrace. I guess the Cowboys have a right to go apesh*t.

However, the conspiracy thing was totally wrong, and the Cowboys management should have taken the lead and fired the broadside directly at the NRL for gross negligence and incompetence. We cant ever have a club coach and captain calling referees compliant in match fixing THE NEXT DAY.

But yes, the NRL and the ARLC are a f*cking disgrace, and the worst administration I have ever seen in this code bar Super League.

Proudsharky

Juniors
Conspiracy my arse, do you really think the nrl want sharks in the gf , with this asada thing hanging over our heads? And I'm quite sure for revenue they would much rather cowgirls in the finals so they have a lot of Queensland viewers, the better team one on the day and took there chances, cowboys had a lot of chances to close down the Match, 52nd min thurston clearly trips gallen over after he grubbers it and then cows score, so this conspiracy stuff is a load of crap, just an excuse to blame a pathetic season

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I am inclined to blame the scheduling of a double header.

This only encourages long periods of drinking and boredom.

It was a shamozzle of an idea.

Are you that stupid? Unless I was in a time warp, Cowboys vs Sharks was the first game of the double header.

How "long periods of drinking and boredom" happen during the first match of a double header is beyond me!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Are you that stupid? Unless I was in a time warp, Cowboys vs Sharks was the first game of the double header.

How "long periods of drinking and boredom" happen during the first match of a double header is beyond me!

Whoa easy there fella.

It was a general criticism of the event as a whole.

Certain sections of the crowd could have been settling in for a long arvo/evening and be inclined to get stuck into it.

Seems like long periods of drinking and boredom would probably do you some good.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the only fair thing is that from now on every time a referee is found to a mistake the game HAS to be replayed. This is for every game in the season. Then if a mistake is made again, you replay the replay. This continues until everyone is happy that not a single mistake was found.

Imagine the revenue the game would receive then!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I think the only fair thing is that from now on every time a referee is found to a mistake the game HAS to be replayed. This is for every game in the season. Then if a mistake is made again, you replay the replay. This continues until everyone is happy that not a single mistake was found.

2600 rounds in a season! The 2014 premiers will be announced in 2114 at the earliest!

So the whinging Queenslanders call for a referee's indescretion to result in a replay? Greg McCallum can referee the extra tackle GF win by the Sea Eagles back in 1970 something with ALL the original players back on the field 40 odd years later.

Boohoo! My wish has come true.....no QLDerp teams left in the running.

Hutty1986

Immortal

I like it.

Extra revenue, young players get more experience as theyre potentially playing 3-4 games a week, more footy for the fans to watch.

Refs get better as well. Maybe even threaten to have the replay played the same night. Would encourage our fine whistle-blowers to get it right straightaway.

newman

First Grade
Did anyone see NRL 360? There are now claims that Lui knocked on before kicking the ball, so the first tackle should have been zero and the refs got the call right... There is a YouTube link if someone wants to upload.

ceagle

Bench
Did anyone see NRL 360? There are now claims that Lui knocked on before kicking the ball, so the first tackle should have been zero and the refs got the call right... There is a YouTube link if someone wants to upload.
ibyz9tDxZd9lYU.gif

Mick111

Juniors
How the hell do people like Thurtson have the ability to link everything back to NSW vs QLD??? it's the ultimate in little brother complexes. I can assure all the good people of QLD, we are not sitting down hear thinking of ways we can derail teams that happened to be based within your state. To be honest, apart from SOO time, we dont even think if the rivalry.

If it helps to motivate you and your teams then keep thinking we hate QLD, but truth be told we coudnt give a Rats what State the Cowboys play in.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sydney teams have bigger rivalries with each other then any interstate team. If the cowboys made the grand final against a Sydney team I'd bet 80% of neutral Sydney siders would be on the cowboys band wagon

Knightmare

Coach
How the hell do people like Thurtson have the ability to link everything back to NSW vs QLD??? it's the ultimate in little brother complexes. I can assure all the good people of QLD, we are not sitting down hear thinking of ways we can derail teams that happened to be based within your state. To be honest, apart from SOO time, we dont even think if the rivalry.

If it helps to motivate you and your teams then keep thinking we hate QLD, but truth be told we coudnt give a Rats what State the Cowboys play in.

I tend to agree. I wouldn't say it's the people of Qld who are at fault, but their media. They love nothing more than another opportunity, however baseless and flimsy the evidence, to portray Qld as being hard-done by. The result of growing up with limited media outlets all parroting this "The whole world is against us!" mentality can be seen from some of the posters on here. It's not just in the NRL that this attitude is prevalent. Take this passage from U.S author Bill Bryson's 1999 book 'Bill Bryson Down Under', in which he enters a sports store in Cairns:

'Something in the window of a sportswear shop caught (his friend's) eye so we went in. While he was off trying on items of clothing, I chatted pleasantly with the two middle-aged ladies who worked there. I mentioned for no reason- just making conversation really- that Cairns had been much in the news lately.
"Oh?" said one of the ladies, a little coolly.
"You know, the Lonergan case and the Chinese boat people and this poor kid who went missing at Daintree."
"Oh, all that", said the lady with a dismissive air. "They always blow these things out of proportion down south".
Her colleague nodded vigorously "Whenever there's a chance to make Queensland look bad, they leap on it. It was just the same with the cyclone. I was in Sydney that week visiting my sister and, do you know, they had pages of articles about it."
"Well, it was a big story", I pointed out.
"But they wouldn't have covered it like that if it had been in Western Australia."
"Oh?"
"No. They do it to discourage people from coming up here, you see."
"You really think so?"
"Oh yes. They don't want visitors to leave Sydney. They want to keep them down there. So they take any story that makes Queensland look, you know, dangerous or backward and they twist the facts about to frighten people."
They both nodded in the sincerest agreement.
"It was same with that young couple out on the reef. It's quite evident that it was suicide, but they blew it all out of proportion-"
"All out of proportion", seconded her friend.
"- so that they could make it look like it wasn't safe to go out on the reef".
"And the boy at Daintree?" I ventured.
"They don't know that he's dead at all" she said in the tone of one who has impeachable sources.
"But he's been missing for two years."
"Yes, but he's been sighted all over the Cape York peninsula."
"All over" agreed her friend.
"I'm sorry, are you saying the papers falsely reported his death to make Queensland look dangerous?"
"I'm just saying that all the facts aren't in". She nodded primly and crossed her arms. Her partner did likewise.
And I thought: madder than cut snakes.'

'Bill Bryson Down Under', Doubleday Publishing, p229-230.

Thankfully, with the rise of internet media available from several sources, archaic, baseless paranoia like this will die out slowly over the next couple of decades. Hopefully by then, Qld will realise that not only are we all Australians first and foremost, but that we don't regard them as our inferiors, contrary to what they have been told by their own media for close to a century...

The Great Dane

First Grade
F##k I hate how Queenslanders and NSWelshmen insist on everything being about SOO.

Sure the Refs have ruined the Cowboys season twice in two years and that's absolute BS and I feel sorry for the Cowboys, but FFS that doesn't mean there's some bloody conspiracy against Queensland.

Btw, JT (and others who share his opinion) if you think that RL in Queensland (or NSW for that matter) is so hard done by try being an Australian RL fan from outside NSW or Queensland during SOO time. You know that time of year when people in our game outside of Queensland and NSW are forgotten about and treated like a second class citizens.

Or maybe you should try being a RL fan in places like Perth or Adelaide where they don't even know if they will be able to watch any NRL on TV
from week to week let alone see a live game anytime soon, despite the N in NRL standing for National!

f**k there're a lot of whingers in our game in this country.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
F##k I hate how Queenslanders and NSWelshmen insist on everything being about SOO.

Here here. I'm f**king over it too.

It's the f**king finals and again this whole mentality of State of Origin is being brought into it.

You people take a game of football way to seriously.

Latest posts