What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conspiracy theories again.......

Knock On

Juniors
I thought in rugby league you could only have 13 players on the field, but it seems that when teams play Souths they have to contend with two extra players that wear pink.
Nrl is a joke and so are its referees. I hope that Souths get smashed in the finals by whatever team they come up against.
If those referees are not fired tomorrow then the NRL and those who run it are a joke. I counted two tries that would have put melbourne in front.

Knightmare

Coach
Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

In all seriousness though, that behaviour from the Sharks fans is unacceptable. F**k somebody writing 'Scum' on a banner- this is the sort of behaviour the NRL should be making the effort to crack down on!

Knock On

Juniors
In the bigger picture, martyrdom is a pathway to irrelevance, even if doesn’t feel like it at the time.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

In all seriousness though, that behaviour from the Sharks fans is unacceptable. F**k somebody writing 'Scum' on a banner- this is the sort of behaviour the NRL should be making the effort to crack down on!

I am inclined to blame the scheduling of a double header.

This only encourages long periods of drinking and boredom.

It was a shamozzle of an idea.

Card Shark

Immortal
Those Sharks fans that resort to despicable behavior like that need to be banned for life.

As a Sharks supporter I definitely don't condone that garbage behavior

Nor do I. Always gracious in victory. We got the win, be happy but don't rub it in to others - as sharks fans, we know what it's like to be on the other side of the result.

I Put my hand on a Cowboys supporters shoulder on the way out & said bad luck. She said thanks & that they didn't play too well. She was copping a bit of friendly banter on her way up the stairs & didn't want her to think we we don't care because the majority of us do.

As I said - we have felt her pain. Hell, if it wasn't for that legendary Johnny Morris tackle, we would be in the doldrums.

Eion

First Grade
The worst thing Tate seems to have been called was a Queenslander. I'd be upset too.

I'm feeling for the Cows as well.

A 7th tackle try is a massive balls up but I do believe those 2 refs are clinically geniused and it had more of a chance of being a genuine mistake than the disgusting call from last year that eliminated them, against Manly.

I saw a another replay of last years contentious call with Foran knocking it on.

The Video Ref had numerous looks at it, with plenty of time, and still ruled against what every other person who watched the game saw.

That Foran call stunk to high heaven last year and I can see why the Cows would be making "conspiracy" calls with a 7th tackle try this year.

Bad luck NQ. Hopefully it will square up for you at some stage.

Spud

Juniors
Thurston certainty has come off looking very silly here. I can understand the frustration and having to do the press conference soon after the game, but you'd think if he had his time again he could have been a bit smarter.

Well you would hope anyway.

Valheru

Coach
Pure class, yet Cowboys fans are being called scumbags on LU, for having the hide to be upset at a referee's error.

Are they? From what I can see the overwhelming opinion on here is that Cowboys fans, staff and players have every right to be upset and frustrated but the conspiracy accusations are ridiculous and petty.

Penrith finished 2 points outside the 8, surely the NRL would have saved themself the hassle and ripped Nth QLD off during the 6 week winning streak if they wanted to ensure an all Sydney GF?

firechild

First Grade
Thurston certainty has come off looking very silly here. I can understand the frustration and having to do the press conference soon after the game, but you'd think if he had his time again he could have been a bit smarter.

Well you would hope anyway.

Doubt it. He was banging on about the same rubbish at Townsville airport when he got back. Had plenty of time to think about it between the game and arriving in NQ.

oval

Juniors
Thurston has a right to feel angry and question the NRL administration. His side just got knocked out again after dubious calls, so as a mere mortal he is entitled to a whinge.

Regarding the easy run Souths seems to be getting, and the perceived push towards a Souths v Easts final, I'm not sure the NRL would have an actual authorised and formalized agenda favouring certain teams. There may be, however, a general verbalised understanding and agreement amongst the administration that certain teams winning is beneficial to the League, which may trickle down to the refs. Who the f**k knows really!

Whatever the case, I'm hoping for a Melbourne v Manly final ;-)

carcharias

Immortal
were the warriors paid off to throw that game against the dragons making sure only aussie teams played in the finals????

Spud

Juniors
Doubt it. He was banging on about the same rubbish at Townsville airport when he got back. Had plenty of time to think about it between the game and arriving in NQ.

Well if that's the case, he is coming off as being very foolish. And I say that as a fan of the guy.

First Grade
I wonder how the New South Welshman Inglis feels about his mate from Queensland bagging Sydney?