What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract situation for 2008 inc: Rumours and signings.

Gronk

Staff member
Posting this because of the PJ --> Bulldogs rumours.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have made a one-year offer to hooker Corey Hughes but have also been in discussions with former Sharks and Warrington hooker Mick Sullivan.

Hughes said he would have preferred to have been offered a longer contract but he also had some options overseas. Before the season began, the club was upfront about its intention to make a choice between Hughes and one of his best friends, Adam Perry, who has not yet received an offer from the club.

"I will sit down with my family and have a chat and make a fairly quick decision," said Hughes last night.

He added that if he left the club, he hoped they would offer Perry a contract.

Hughes, 29, said he didn't consider himself the last of the Hughes dynasty at the Bulldogs, and he was uncertain if his name was a help or a hindrance at the club, following the departure of his football manager father, Garry Hughes, and the playing careers of brothers Glen and Stephen, and uncles Mark and Graeme. "I don't see myself like that, I just try to be part of the team," Hughes said.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...1183833346062.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

D

Deleted member 10972

Parra fans, what do you feel will be the 25 man squad named next year?

Burt
Hayne
Smith
Inu
Grothe
Finch
Smith
Cordoba
Riddell
Cayless
Hindmarsh
Robinson
Wagon

Marsh
Mateo
???
Moimoi

Props: Paulo, ???
Backrowers: Hauraki, ???
Hooker: M Keating
Half: K Keating
Backs: Reddy, ???

Will Fa'aoso, Tautai, Oake, Latimore or Uaisele feature in there?

The Colonel

Immortal
From what has been conveyed to me from a reasonably relaible source it appears all those players will be definitely with the club. Paulo signed a two year deal if you care to look through the pages preceeding and the others are with the part time sqaud at the very least.

dazeely

First Grade
The Colonel said:
From what has been conveyed to me from a reasonably relaible source it appears all those players will be definitely with the club. Paulo signed a two year deal if you care to look through the pages preceeding and the others are with the part time sqaud at the very least.

did that happen to include PJ too Big C?

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
david williams is a must re-sign. get lost manly leave our players alone. what is noel cleals job there? besides to shag lyon, i mean that guy is meant to be out in the country scouting players. he is doing jack all

spiderdan

Bench
hindmarsh4pm said:
david williams is a must re-sign. get lost manly leave our players alone.
unfortunately he apparently signed with them a couple of weeks ago or so. played his last game for us (for at least now anyway) on the weekend as he is going under the knife to fix his shoulder.

dazeely

First Grade
read somewhere Garrett Crossman is being released from Storm. Would be handy depth IMO at a cheap price.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'd rather keep tony williams tbh..

Williams is ok, but i'm hardly going to get my tits in a tangle if we loose him, particulary when better younger players are coming through.

MrT

Juniors
The bulldogs have signed promising parramatta eels winger Nathan Tannous for next season. Tannous is 19 years old and was once compared to Mark Gasiner in a local paper.

posted on the kennel

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
The bulldogs have signed promising parramatta eels winger Nathan Tannous for next season. Tannous is 19 years old and was once compared to Mark Gasiner in a local paper.

posted on the kennel

honostly mate...he's not much chop, infact I compared him to the Darren Clark of flegg, runs like the wind but can't play to save his life.

he's struggling to make the 20 man squad now and with Nathan Gardener, Sean Cox and Tim Auremi coming through he was going to get squeezed out anyway.

Clarkieel

Juniors
MrT said:

posted on the kennel

poor bastards u have signed a player who spends more time on the sideline than on the field if he is anythign like gaz

Latest posts