What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract situation for 2008 inc: Rumours and signings.

Bazal

Post Whore
Given this is now a rumour thread, I'll start one based on nothing other than the reasons I give :crazy:

Clint Newton, as I'm sure you all have heard, is tipped to seek a release from Newcastle. Apparently Smithy has told him he is not wanted next year, and on top of yesterdays fiasco he has had it. So based on that, an the fact he was coached by Hages before...

Newton :arrow: Parra

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we dont really want it to be a rumour thread

rumours mean nothing, so lets try and stick to the facts

Hurriflatch

Referee
JessEel said:
David Williams is a must signing IMO. When he's not injured he's a freaky player, we need him to stay at the club, and not follow his bro over to the dark side!

Williams is a very good player but let me pose this question

If you had the choice of keeping Dave Williams or Kris Inu who would you sign?

I'd like to keep Williams but he isn't the #1 priority.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Few players that should be re-signed
main priorities would be taulima tautai, dave williams, paulo, kris keating and if cannings keeps playing well then we should keep him

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:

i dont think its going to come down to having to pick between one of them, however if that was the case then inu would be the priority, but i think dave will stay at the eels to

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:

it shouldn't have to be a choice, one's off contract the other isn't.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Hurriflatch you are pulling stuff out of your ass there!!

RE-SIGN HUMPHRIE!!! :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
cayless1989 said:
Justin tsolous 2 knights....

:D

btw mate, you got a pretty good set of lungs we all heard you just before kick off on Monday night....

Go Parra!!!!! :D

Hellsy

Immortal
Can Humphrie play???..........???....... He's big!... I heard he mite be a it of a pansy tho..

Gronk

Staff member
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/kimmorley-dykes-may-get-chop/2007/05/29/1180205252436.html

Kimmorley, Dykes may get chop

Glenn Jackson and Brad Walter | May 30, 2007

Sharks coach Ricky Stuart will meet the manager of Adam Dykes and Brett Kimmorley in a bid to resolve their uncertain futures with the club - with chief executive Greg Pierce admitting the ongoing speculation was hurting the team on the field.

Stuart spoke to George Mimis, the manager of both players, last night and they have agreed to meet in the next few days to discuss the two players.

Pierce said he hoped the two could meet before the team left for Townsville on Friday, conceding ongoing speculation about the two halves affected the side against the Roosters last weekend.

"We just want to get it done, so the players can put their minds at rest," Pierce said. "It has been disruptive. Because so much has happened, it's all gotten a bit complicated. And it's taken its toll a bit. We've got to solve it and move on."

Kimmorley recently had a two-year deal worth almost $700,000 withdrawn, while Dykes is weighing up offers from the Sharks and English Super League. The Sharks have told Brett Seymour, Josh Hannay and Michael Greenfield they are not in Stuart's plans for next season and beyond, and while that would free up sufficient funds to keep both players, that option is considered "remote" by club officials.

Still, Kimmorley is keen to stay, and is building a house in the Shire for his young family.

Should the Sharks lose either Kimmorley or Dykes, Parramatta's Blake Green has been mentioned as a possible replacement.

Meanwhile, Manly five-eighth Travis Burns is set to hit the player market as soon as today in a bid to secure a regular starting berth, with North Queensland the favourites to secure him.

The Broncos and Titans have also expressed interest in him.

While he would like to stay at Manly and signed this season on a one-year deal, Burns has been told Jamie Lyon is the preferred No.6 at Brookvale - leaving him the option of taking over the utility/hooker role currently being filled by Michael Monaghan.

But Burns has a strong preference for five-eighth and North Queensland have a vacancy with veteran Jason Smith expected to retire at the end of the season.

Brisbane's focus has shifted to Penrith five-eighth Peter Wallace, who is expected to make a decision on his future after Friday night's match against Manly.

Manly is expected to retain second-rower Anthony Watmough and Test prop Brent Kite.

In other contract news, the Bulldogs have been strongly linked to Melbourne prop Ben Cross, who has been forced to leave the Storm due to salary cap constraints following the re-signing of NSW Origin representative Brett White.

Melbourne also boast Queensland prop Antonio Kaufusi and New Zealand international Adam Blair in their front row.

Elsewhere, South Sydney yesterday announced the re-signing of juniors Yileen Gordon, Fetuli Talanoa and Eddie Paea.

Gordon, who has played 24 NRL games and represented the Junior Kangaroos in 2005, re-signed for a further two seasons, while Talanoa and Paea extended their contracts until the end of next season.

Former South Sydney coach Shaun McRae is considering taking on the Salford job made vacant last week by the relegation-threatened Super League club's sacking of Karl Harrison.

Parra Guru

Coach
Brent Tate to the Warriors

Adam Woolnough to the Panthers

New Zealand Warriors have confirmed signing Brisbane centre Brent Tate until the end of the 2010 season. The 25-year-old Queensland and Test centre will move to Auckland later this year and join brother-in-law Steve Price at the Warriors.

Tate was heavily courted by several NRL clubs and also had offers from English Super League clubs, but chose the Warriors because he was excited about the opportunity of moving to New Zealand. Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah says signing Tate fulfils the club's goal to secure a marquee player after missing out on Kiwi superstar Sonny Bill Williams earlier this year.

Penrith have confirmed Newcastle prop Adam Woolnough has agreed to a three-year deal to join the Panthers from 2008. Woolnough, 25, will be at the Panthers until the end of 2010 after spending the past six seasons at Newcastle.

He is one of several players expected to leave Newcastle at the end of this season, following Clint Newton who walked out this week to join Melbourne until the end of the season.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=13896

Latest posts