What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract situation for 2008 inc: Rumours and signings.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
brad drew hahaha, i woke up this morning thinking whatever happened to that guy, then i thought if PJ left, why don't we get him back lol, but then i remembered matty keating will be the other hooker next year. Bulldogs interested in former sharks hooker michael sullivan, does this mean they are not going for PJ anymore?
I would also like to know how much lockyer is on? thorn retires, tate leaves, berrigan leaves, webcke retired last season. and they cant afford petro, thats strange

Stagger eel

Staff member
hindmarsh4pm said:
brad drew hahaha, i woke up this morning thinking whatever happened to that guy, then i thought if PJ left, why don't we get him back lol, but then i remembered matty keating will be the other hooker next year. Bulldogs interested in former sharks hooker michael sullivan, does this mean they are not going for PJ anymore?
I would also like to know how much lockyer is on? thorn retires, tate leaves, berrigan leaves, webcke retired last season. and they cant afford petro, thats strange

they've just signed Peter Wallace and Joel Clinton and they're dealing with a sh*tload of upgrades after winning the premiership last year...

Gronk

Staff member
Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said they are looking at their options in the back row and are chasing a hooker. They showed interest in Parramatta's PJ Marsh and Souths' Stuart Webb.

Marsh twice turned down offers to return to Auckland and isn't likely to join.
Webb has played only four games for the Bunnies in 2007 but was under Ivan Cleary when he was in charge of the Roosters reserve grade side.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=10446183

n a further blow to Souths, they are unlikely to retain hooker Stuart Webb for next year after the New Zealand Warriors made a play for him.

The Warriors initially tried to lure Parramatta hooker PJ Marsh back to the club, but his management rejected a three-year deal.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/taylor-in-hot-water/2007/06/16/1181414608579.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
good

we need PJM here

I don't think it means that he's closed the door on other options, I have a feeling that he's stitching something up with a current sydney club as we speak. Just a feeling though.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Eela who's our Fullback for Premmies next week seeing as though Letts gonski.. Has anyone informed parra pete?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
Eela who's our Fullback for Premmies next week seeing as though Letts gonski.. Has anyone informed parra pete?

find out on Tuesday I guess..tbh Lett never really impressed me at all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
I'd imagine Reddy would move to fullback with someone coming in on the wing

probably with Williams and Etu on the wing and Taulima and INU at centre with Tahu back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
other gossip I heard.

Kris Keating
Junior Paulo
Taulima Tautai

all signed.

Brendon Oake
Zeb Taia

gonskies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
other gossip I heard.

Kris Keating
Junior Paulo
Taulima Tautai

all signed.

Brendon Oake
Zeb Taia

gonskies.
Great news eela, sad to see guys like Zeb and Oake go but you can't keep them all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd say we'd be making some 2nd tie signings covering for the players that are leaving but I'm not sure who..

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw, I also heard a whisper that PJ is staying although Hages couldn't confirm that with me when I asked him.

Tizzun

Juniors
eelavation said:
other gossip I heard.

Kris Keating
Junior Paulo
Taulima Tautai

all signed.

Brendon Oake
Zeb Taia

gonskies.

To be honest I would try to keep Oake, I believe he could be a good backrower in first grade (I know this is a position we have adequate depth but best to keep our own juniors).