What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Controversy Corner at 10am Sundays on 7 and 7TWO in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
How could it be worse? NRL is the highest rating sport in the country, TV should be falling over itself to be showing it! It should be us dictating terms to TV, not the other way around.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I fear that 7 are only doing this to get the rights, only to screw NRL over in Vic as well.

The contracts drawn up by the NRL need to stipulate that NRL matches and related programs to be screened at the same time or similar in every state.

No Sport played in Australia should be screened at f**king midnight. I don't care what it is.

Even the Union here is screened at midnight. An AFL game will finish at 10.30pm, yet they have a panel show after it which goes up until midnight.

Thats the thing I worry about if 7 gets any NRL content.

I'd prefer if 10 had the major share in the rights and dropped their side of the AFL deal.

simostorm

Bench
CC is the only decent part of the show - should be interesting how it goes and which panellists are there.

and it only gors for 6 minutes or so.. an they cut short so much of what they discuss due to trying to fit it all in just 6 minutes..

But this Sunday's show.. panel talking league topics over an hour in this format will be probally the best thing a League fan could ask for.

cleary89

Coach
Agree with that. Need to go to gym this morning, going to go during the footy show because this is much better.

This is the sort of show league needs. The Sunday Footy Show is too much analysis and the Sunday Roast seems to fill time for 60 minutes with about 15 minutes of material. This is a good mix - ratings should be interesting on Monday.

yawn

Juniors
Matty is charismatic and gentle on the eye. If you have to stare at someone's flapping jaw it would be Matty.

The journalist is a good talker and has a good sounding voice.

docbrown

Coach
Thought CC was pretty good, I'll keep tuning in. So much better than Wide World of Sports and the Offsiders <- hope it smashes it

Hopefully it's a sign that 7 are gearing up to pinch regular NRL games from 9

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
caught Offsiders after i recorded it. that shemale is a f**king joke with her AFL/GWS Arbib sh*t

Brutus

Referee
caught Offsiders after i recorded it. that shemale is a f**king joke with her AFL/GWS Arbib sh*t

What about that? Roy mentioned that the new sports mininster Arbib was a Roosters' fan and she came back with utter dribble regarding him being supportive of GWS. She's so far up the AFL's arse it's not funny, hence her lack of action after being humilated by Newman.

CC Sunday morning style has a lot of potential and should be a regular fixture on CH 7 in the footy season.

My only criticism today was that they talked over each other a lot, but they'll work that out.

dragon_around

Juniors
It was quite good.

Why the Matty Johns show wasn't exactly this format I don't know.

That would flog the Thursday ratings every day of the week... lol

Compared to Wide World of Sports - looks really good. WWOS is boring and Channel 7 usually put nothing on in that slot.

Latest posts