What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper and Ah Mau

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I want to pay some credit to Mike Cooper and Lesson Ah Mau. I think they have tried very hard over the last few weeks and whilst they are not the biggest and best props we have ever had they are showing good heart in getting us going forward.

Joel Thompson and Tyson Frizzle are also starting to make good edge contributions and Merrin is looking dangerous when he gets the ball.

The hooker rotation appears to be working well.

A special mention to the Euan Aiken. He looks a good player. He appears to be incredibly strong and his defence is excellent.

stg666

Juniors
LEESON ! he has a bloody good dig ! copped some crap over time but keeps on keeping on . euan hasn't had any space yet . tries will come .! happy happy happy !

giboz71

First Grade
Agreed. Our forwards have finally aimed up, which is great to see. Rose had some nice runs too.

If we get Widdop and Benji finally combining, Dugan finding his old form, and maybe a giving Runciman or Matau'tia a go for Farrell, think we have a team that can go places.

rainman44

Bench
LEESON ! he has a bloody good dig ! copped some crap over time but keeps on keeping on . euan hasn't had any space yet . tries will come .! happy happy happy !

Euan is a right centre and I just hope Mary put him there, he is so strong but will be even better at right centre.

kit66

Bench
I'm a big fan of Ah Mau, reminds me so much of Craig Smith, hard as nails and a great defender. Cooper is playing even better than expected and last night was one of his best efforts so far. Our whole pack have stepped up finally and Merrin needs to stay in the run on side - not sure what to do with Creagh though, maybe in the prop rotation as I can't see Mary playing him from the bench.

TheRev

First Grade
euan hasn't had any space yet . tries will come .! happy happy happy !
he has to get to the right centre spot surely, how can a centre who has developed a left hand fend and right flick pass get put on the wrong side when hes the clubs future longterm centre?

I can cop it against the raiders after replacing neilson, but time to move him over to his correct side and get a genuine right edge partnership with Nightingale happening.. they will be the real deal.

bottle

Coach
Well said Rob. I said elsewhere that we actually won that game off the back of our forwards effort last night, surprisingly. And Leeson with some fancy footwork before the line!

Mattc

Juniors
These guys went well last night.
Actually, I reckon they've gone well all season so far.

Ah Mau is quicker then you think he hits the line and has a deceptive step and he is starting to off load a little now I have always thought he was used incorrectly until now.

Cooper is very under rated he hits the line and very rarely gets pushed back I just hope he see's a future in Australia and not head back to the UK to early.

Even De Belin looked good ran good lines and tackled very well just needs to be consistant.

Thompson, Frizzel and Merrin no need to say much be fantatstic.

On a note Marketo with a short spell tackled well and brings that enthusiasum I am so glad he came back a more mature player then the one that left.

watatank

Coach
he has to get to the right centre spot surely, how can a centre who has developed a left hand fend and right flick pass get put on the wrong side when hes the clubs future longterm centre?

I can cop it against the raiders after replacing neilson, but time to move him over to his correct side and get a genuine right edge partnership with Nightingale happening.. they will be the real deal.

The important thing is he's in first grade, they can work out the rest later

Mattc

Juniors
JDB did everything at pace last night.
Not much of the stop, prop, and pass we've seen so far this year.
A couple of tip on plays were done with him running at the line at speed, with a support runner at speed as well. Very simple and basic, but effective.

TruSaint

Referee
Ah Mau is quicker then you think he hits the line and has a deceptive step and he is starting to off load a little now I have always thought he was used incorrectly until now.

Cooper is very under rated he hits the line and very rarely gets pushed back I just hope he see's a future in Australia and not head back to the UK to early.

Even De Belin looked good ran good lines and tackled very well just needs to be consistant.

Thompson, Frizzel and Merrin no need to say much be fantatstic.

On a note Marketo with a short spell tackled well and brings that enthusiasum I am so glad he came back a more mature player then the one that left.

Ah Mau rarely lets you down. He can play long minutes, runs low to the ground, gets a quick play the ball and I have yet to recall him being injured.

JDB did everything at pace last night.
Not much of the stop, prop, and pass we've seen so far this year.
A couple of tip on plays were done with him running at the line at speed, with a support runner at speed as well. Very simple and basic, but effective.

JDB tackled his butt off last nite. His stats on NRL show this.

steggz

Juniors
Best effort from the pack in a while. And they needed to if there was to be any chance of winning

Stagger Lee

Bench
Joel Thompson and Tyson Frizzle are also starting to make good edge contributions and Merrin is looking dangerous when he gets the ball.

I agree with all that you wrote Rob but I have to pick up on this - Thompson and Frizzle have been our best players for a long while - certainly since Mary took over. I'm not sure of where Frizzel was born but I think SOO will call soon.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Ah Mau rarely lets you down. He can play long minutes, runs low to the ground, gets a quick play the ball and I have yet to recall him being injured.

JDB tackled his butt off last nite. His stats on NRL show this.[/QUOTE]

And as a bonus he pumped out some big meters. Great performance

Twenty10

Juniors
Many people wanted ah Mau gone... But fact is he's been one of our best. He was close to best in ground the other night.