What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper and Ah Mau

The Cobra

Juniors
I think I posted on here last year a quote from Widdops father "Everybody thinks he is a handy 5/8 and a really good fullback,but I coached him all through his junior football & he is a brilliant halfback, thats where he always played".I know that some fathers do blow the trumpets of their kids but,hey it may be worth a go.

bottle

Coach
Playing out of position.
Benji is a genuine 6. Given space Marshall can create more than Widdop.
Widdop is a solid player, level headed and has a leadership influence. He cant do what benji can even allowing for the age difference.
Problem is I dont know if Widdop is a 7.
Nailed it. There appears, to us at least, to be a disconnect here. I don't see Benji organising a game. Gareth might be able to, but how would we know?

dino2170

Juniors
remember just a few weeks ago some forum members wanted him out of the team well i think he hasnt improved a lot. we will see this week if he is worthy i still think there are better options

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Playing out of position.
Benji is a genuine 6. Given space Marshall can create more than Widdop.
Widdop is a solid player, level headed and has a leadership influence. He cant do what benji can even allowing for the age difference.
Problem is I dont know if Widdop is a 7.

TruSaint,

Nailed it.

Maybe it's not too late to try Widdop at 7 before we start to play the big teams.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think the halfback/5-8th thing means very little to this team.

Widdop plays on the left, Benji the right. That's their position. A stupid layout for a team, but that's the way it is for us.

kit66

Bench
It's the same as last year in that we don't have a leader on the field who can call the shots and have the rest of the team jump to it. Look at our hapless approach when we get a penalty in the opposition red zone for example - someone like Farrah or JT will rush in to take a quick tap - we stand around looking lost while Rein, with ball in hand strolls halfway back up the field and then a message goes out from the coach to take a kick at goal, it's ridiculous and any pressure or momentum is thrown away - this is exactly where other teams score. Widdop or Marshall need to be given the authority to make instant decisions ( or one of them even made captain ) in these situations and the rest of the team needs to be ready to follow whatever they decide. Personally I think Marshall could handle that roll better than Widdop.

Last edited: