What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk press conference tomorrow 10.30am sharp

Pierced Soul

First Grade
good decision cooper. hope you, smith and slater all play out your careers at the storm.

but of course you're missing out on playing with sutton and talanoa

Tommax25

Bench
The Dogs may be smokies now DCE has stayed at Manly? They're a club without a marquee half.

Yet they splashed silly money at Hodgkinson. They are a joke. Sign players and as soon as they see an upgrade they want to dump their signings and buy the new versions. If they got Cronk in a year they'd have wanted Thurston, and a year after that they'd want Johns to come out of retirement.

sting

Bench
Good to see that he'll remain a one club man. Hopefully for his sake he'll be able to get that elusive premiership. Always good to see those players get one.

Would really hate to see him fall into the same bunch as Hindmarsh, Tongue, Jones, ET, etc to have played their whole career with the one club but never got a premiership.

Tommax25

Bench
A mate sent me a text this arvo, I think it's all BS however.

He reckons (all for 2013) cronk to parra, SBW to parra & Farrah not happy @ Tigers, not talking with Sheens & wants out, also talking with Eels.

3 handy buys (if true) for parra after their 2012 clean out. Personally I think maybe 1 of those 3 will eventuate. They'll have plenty of coin.

Don't want to have a go at Parra, don't want to kick them while they're down (they're not lol@$(o)uff$), but honestly why would any good player want to sign for Parra? Maybe SBW as he has shown all he cares about is money. But honestly, its a shambles down there, if I was a player I would go nowhere near the joint.

StormHi

Juniors
I actually think that press conferences like this add to the 'drama' of the football season, increase media coverage, sponsor profile, engage the fan base. Rugby League actually has a problem with under utilising the potential of every opportunity.

This +1

Brutus

Referee
I actually think that press conferences like this add to the 'drama' of the football season, increase media coverage, sponsor profile, engage the fan base. Rugby League actually has a problem with under utilising the potential of every opportunity.

Great call.

Tommax25

Bench
Hmm with all the talent that Parra are releasing, I expect their team to look more like this:

1. Hayne
2. Hopoate
3. Sandow
4. Pearce
5. Tonga
6. Cooper
7. Cronk (not enjoying his time at Storm)
8. Sam Burgess (released not enjoying his time at Rabbitohs)
9. Farah (released because not enjoying his time at Tigers)
10. Moi Moi
11. SBW
12. Tony Williams (released because not enjoying his time at Manly)
13. Issac Luke (released because not enjoying his time at Rabbitohs)

Of course everyone is dying to be a part of the Parra culture right now and the next supercoach is bringing in the guns after this transition year

I know you're kidding around here but that one's too crazy! As if T-Rex isn't enjoying his time winning comps and making finals at Manly! Burgess and Luke might be enjoying the money, but I'd say they certaintly aren't enjoying their time at the Rabbitohs lol

BM1979

Juniors
Don't want to have a go at Parra, don't want to kick them while they're down (they're not lol@$(o)uff$), but honestly why would any good player want to sign for Parra? Maybe SBW as he has shown all he cares about is money. But honestly, its a shambles down there, if I was a player I would go nowhere near the joint.

I will kick them while they are down , there is so much more potential for a player going to Souths than there would be going to Parra.

Tommax25

Bench
I will kick them while they are down , there is so much more potential for a player going to Souths than there would be going to Parra.

As bad as Parra are right now, and last year, they are a better chance of winning the comp year to year then lol@$(o)uff$. Going to lol@$(o)uff$ is like saying to the world: hey. I'm getting good money here, and I don't care about my rep career or winning the title. Respect my love of money please"

BM1979

Juniors
As bad as Parra are right now, and last year, they are a better chance of winning the comp year to year then lol@$(o)uff$. Going to lol@$(o)uff$ is like saying to the world: hey. I'm getting good money here, and I don't care about my rep career or winning the title. Respect my love of money please"

I disagree , as much shit as Souths cops they do have the potential to be a very good side if they play to their ability. Parra are just an absolute train wreck in every way conceivable , Front office , playing roster and performance on the field

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hasn't hurt Lukes or Taylors rep career.

And if you really think Parra is closer to a premiership than Souths you have been blinded by your anti Souths bias.

The only team further from a premiership than Parra is the Tits.

POPEYE

Coach
Suck it up all you salary cap wankers . . . Cronk has scratched one up for justice.

Now we need all other teams to create what the Storm has. Camaraderie at all costs

ceagle

Bench
Will Melbourne have another press conference tomorrow announcing Cronk's second contract he has signed with the Storm?

betcats

Referee

Same reason as most signings, money.

When was the last time a top quality, established half in his prime switched clubs? Maloney is an exception, for him it is about family.