What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper cronk

to_ddeath

Coach
Ugh. Again this stupid argument....

All he did was express an opinion respectfully. Your response is the real trolling.

I wouldn't even need 3 minutes.

You serious? He only ever talks down Widdop any chance he gets..its obvious and deliberate shit stirring.

T.

St Georgio

Juniors
Yes typical Telecrap, at 32 he is too old, Benji is younger at 30 and the money offered I would throw at the tigers number 7 for four years

giboz71

First Grade
Think we need to see how Benji goes with a new formation. You add in an extra playmaker, perhaps put Widdop to 7, he may regain his 2010/11 form. If he stays injury free, no reason he can't play for 2-3 more years.

If Benji doesn't work out, I'd rather throw the cash at a young half you can build a team around. Kane Elgey is who we should be watching, given the Titans are likely favourites for the spoon this year.

BennyV

Referee
Think we need to see how Benji goes with a new formation. You add in an extra playmaker, perhaps put Widdop to 7, he may regain his 2010/11 form. If he stays injury free, no reason he can't play for 2-3 more years.

If Benji doesn't work out, I'd rather throw the cash at a young half you can build a team around. Kane Elgey is who we should be watching, given the Titans are likely favourites for the spoon this year.

Cronk brings a lot more than any other halfback would. Him on a 2-3 year deal is worth it.

If we didnt get him, theres 3 halfbacks I'd be chasing - A.Reynolds, Elgey or Brooks (in order). Reynolds is young, but next closest thing to a controlling halfback there is. His kicking game alone has won games for Souths. Elgey is also fairly complete, bit more flair but not as experienced or composed. And Brooks, while overrated, has the potential to grow into a very talented 7.

One of those guys at 7 with Widdop at 6 would be pretty swell...

tumbidragon

First Grade
Cronk brings a lot more than any other halfback would. Him on a 2-3 year deal is worth it.

If we didnt get him, theres 3 halfbacks I'd be chasing - A.Reynolds, Elgey or Brooks (in order). Reynolds is young, but next closest thing to a controlling halfback there is. His kicking game alone has won games for Souths. Elgey is also fairly complete, bit more flair but not as experienced or composed. And Brooks, while overrated, has the potential to grow into a very talented 7.

One of those guys at 7 with Widdop at 6 would be pretty swell...
Agree. Huge fan of what I saw of young Elgey. Has a wonderful eye for the game, with a crisp passing game for a 21 year old. Very interested to see how he goes next season, although in a dog shit squad.

TruSaint

Referee
Question lads / ladies.
The article mentions that Matshall had indicated to the club of retirement. Has anyone heard this, as last reports he was playing for a contract.
This isnt a Marshall v Cronk post by the way, so just if anyone is in the know, would be great.

giboz71

First Grade
Question lads / ladies.
The article mentions that Matshall had indicated to the club of retirement. Has anyone heard this, as last reports he was playing for a contract.
This isnt a Marshall v Cronk post by the way, so just if anyone is in the know, would be great.

I found this strange as well. No idea whats happening behind the scenes but my understanding was that Mary wanted to assess Benji year by year. As i said earlier, if we have a successful season and the attack clicks, I've got no problem keeping Benji around.

People can argue that Cronk is the better overall halfback and they would probably be right, but no questioning Benji's ability either. He had some clangers last year, but overall he had a good year and if he fires, we could do anything.

saints4ever

First Grade
Cant see Cronk coming. And for what it's worth Mole has said very unlikely.
I know Adams gets one right in a thousand but that one time always seems to be when a player WONT be coming to us

TruSaint

Referee
I found this strange as well. No idea whats happening behind the scenes but my understanding was that Mary wanted to assess Benji year by year. As i said earlier, if we have a successful season and the attack clicks, I've got no problem keeping Benji around.

People can argue that Cronk is the better overall halfback and they would probably be right, but no questioning Benji's ability either. He had some clangers last year, but overall he had a good year and if he fires, we could do anything.

giboz, from what i know, he wants to stay ( Benji) that is.

He is playing for a contract... No better motivation..

Unless there have been changes, well then so be it. I think Marshall has a lot to offer to be honest. Im in the minority, but thats fine.. its a forum :)

watatank

Coach
I suspect that McGregor would be happy to keep Marshall here in the interim as long as he is playing well but won't allow his stay to stop us from recruiting a half we would really want (whether that's an established half like Cronk, a young half like Brooks, Moses or Elgey)

TruSaint

Referee
I suspect that McGregor would be happy to keep Marshall here in the interim as long as he is playing well but won't allow his stay to stop us from recruiting a half we would really want (whether that's an established half like Cronk, a young half like Brooks, Moses or Elgey)

Bold... agree

Jubileeboy

First Grade
3 years @ $3.5m, finish at 36?
There is some wide use of poetic license going on here.
Why us ?

(Will probably sign with us this arvo after I have made this comment).

giboz71

First Grade

True, but if Benji fires this year, would be hard to let him go for a half who is even older and I would suspect Cronk's price tag would be huge.

Would understand, if Elgey or Brooks were in our sights however.

Rookiedragon1

Juniors
Whether you like cooper Cronk or not anyone who thinks benji marshall is a better player knows nothing about rugby league and is complete moron.

Latest posts