What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
As a Parra fan north of the border, I can tell you that Broncos fans are hurting at the loss of Norman. I think him and Sandow are going to compliment each other extremely well next season. The signing of Prince has bitten Brisbane in the arse big time.

Gronk

Staff member
COREY Norman's position in the Broncos team is safe as long as he continues to play well, Broncos coach Anthony Griffin says. Norman yesterday told the Broncos he had signed a three-year deal with Parramatta, but while Norman is a young talent the club has invested heavily in there will not be a repeat of Brisbane's treatment of Justin Hodges in 2001.
Broncos coach Wayne Bennett then dropped Hodges to reserve grade later in the 2001 season after he had signed with the Sydney Roosters.
Griffin said he told Norman his decision to leave for western Sydney would not impact his chances of selection this season.
"I had a chat to him about that, if he plays well and contributes to the team he's still an important part of our team for this season," Griffin said.
The Broncos thought Norman was odds-on to stay late last week before the Eels bumped their offer at the last minute, cruelling Griffin's long-term vision for the club's backline.

Broncos officials truly believed in Norman's talent and although he is playing fullback he was positioned to be the club's five-eighth from 2014 onwards.
Now they must redraft their blueprints and find a playmaker.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...tion-in-the-team/story-e6frep5x-1226605808429

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gee it has been a long since we have had a few decent options for our spine, hoppa, Hayne, sandow, Norman and Kelly all fighting in 2014 for 1,6,7 - nice position to be in.

jk13

First Grade
if they get dugan you'd think it would be prince sweating bullets not norman.

Gronk

Staff member
BTW Norman is eligible for the Indigenous Allstars, New Zealand as well as being a dirty QLDer.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Gee it has been a long since we have had a few decent options for our spine, hoppa, Hayne, sandow, Norman and Kelly all fighting in 2014 for 1,6,7 - nice position to be in.

I think Hoppa and Loko will be our centres and Norman/Kelly to fight out who gets the 6 and who gets the 14.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Should of just signed hodkinson ! He wanted to return to us in 2010 . Instead we elected for mort and Robinson . 3 years later , Now we sign Norman instead lol .... Am hoping he produces all this talent he supposedly has , cause I haven't seen it yet.

Avenger

Immortal
Should of just signed hodkinson ! He wanted to return to us in 2010 . Instead we elected for mort and Robinson . 3 years later , Now we sign Norman instead lol .... Am hoping he produces all this talent he supposedly has , cause I haven't seen it yet.

I admired Hodkinson as a junior but injuries have killed him and now he is very slow. He wasn't that quick in the first place. His career could go down the Brett Firman road.

forward pass

Coach

Hodkinson ? - oh please ....

DeanPay98

Juniors
I hope that Hodkinson recovers and has a good NRL career somewhere. But, you can't fix past mistakes by going back to old players when you don't really need them.

The way that the 2008-2011 halves saga with Finch, Smith, Mortimer, Hodkinson, Keating, Kelly, Mateo, Maloney, Robson panned out is a perfect case study of poor management and poor succession planning.

Hopefully we won't stuff up the most important part of the team again (!?).

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I hope that Hodkinson recovers and has a good NRL career somewhere. But, you can't fix past mistakes by going back to old players when you don't really need them.

The way that the 2008-2011 halves saga with Finch, Smith, Mortimer, Hodkinson, Keating, Kelly, Mateo, Maloney, Robson panned out is a perfect case study of poor management and poor succession planning.

Hopefully we won't stuff up the most important part of the team again (!?).

I would have kept Hodkinson and Mortimer and maybe Robson for the depth. We couldn't match the Mateo deal, Finch was already gone in 2009 and Keating/Maloney were only at best fringe first graders. Albert Kelly was so overrated as a young player.

I think with Hodkinson in 2010 we would have had a better kicking game.

Latest posts