What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

Chipmunk

Coach
With Norman I think we have signed a player for ridiculous money, who is struggling to make a team who is going to struggle to make the Top 8.

We currently have a player in the Club, Luke Kelly, probably on half that money, who couldnt make a team as an organising player, at the Club who won the Premiership last year and is easily the best team in the comp, who already have the best organising player in the competition...

I think Kelly is a far better option at the money we would be paying him

eels_fan

First Grade
How is Norman struggling to make the team? The broncos are extremely disappointed that he is leaving, so there is certainly something there.

Look at the difference in Sandow from last year to now, Sticky has a way with halves. Norman has a heap of talent, just needs the right mentor to learn to use it. He's played under Henjak & Griffin - not exactly halves experienced coaches. I think he is a great signing. Kelly will keep his place, as either 9 or 14 IMO.

Noise

Coach
How is Norman struggling to make the team? The broncos are extremely disappointed that he is leaving, so there is certainly something there.

Look at the difference in Sandow from last year to now, Sticky has a way with halves. Norman has a heap of talent, just needs the right mentor to learn to use it. He's played under Henjak & Griffin - not exactly halves experienced coaches. I think he is a great signing. Kelly will keep his place, as either 9 or 14 IMO.

I don't rate henjak at all but wasn't he a half and 5/8? Surely he would know a bit about the halves?

Chipmunk

Coach

Well we have bought him to play in the halves and it appears a team that probably wont make the Top 8 doesnt consider him one of their top two halves.

I predict he will achieve nothing at the Club and will in fact become the worst buy since Adam Dykes

Wouldnt actually surprise me if he actually ends up here sometime this year if the Broncos end up signing the Bogan

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we have bought him to play in the halves and it appears a team that probably wont make the Top 8 doesnt consider him one of their top two halves.

Would you say Sticky doesn't consider Hayne one of our top two halves?

The fact is Norman can also play fullback, whereas Wallace and Prince can only play in the halves. I'd say the Broncos have chosen Wallace and Prince over Hoffman, not over Norman.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
its been well documented that he is coming here to play 5/8

I know. I posted the other day that he would be a good signing just so we had one big half defending in the line.

My point was that Hayne plays fullback for us despite being in our top two halves. Therefore Corey Norman playing fullback for the Broncos doesn't mean he's not in their top two halves.

Every time I have to spell shit out for you people it makes us all a little dumber. And that makes me sad.

Chipmunk

Coach
I know. I posted the other day that he would be a good signing just so we had one big half defending in the line.

My point was that Hayne plays fullback for us despite being in our top two halves. Therefore Corey Norman playing fullback for the Broncos doesn't mean he's not in their top two halves.

Every time I have to spell shit out for you people it makes us all a little dumber. And that makes me sad.

I think Jarryd Hayne would be our best fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth, lock and hooker.

Norman and Sandow in the 6 and 7 with Keating in the 9.....Bottom 4 side

Im not saying Norman is not a decent player, Im just saying that I dont think given the rest of our team that Norman is going to be a good option at 6 and that Kelly is a much better option for us as at 6 given who our current 1, 6 & 9 are

Last edited: