What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

red rocket

Juniors
Yes this is a possibility along with many other possibilities. I can't see SGI paying big bucks for a bench player and really can't see us playing Widdop in the centres.

I'd say it will be Norman to either fullback or centre. If Dufty goes well, it will be Lafai in ISP asking for a release prior to June 30 2019.
Possom crush just posted on the rumors thread that we have a big name player in trouble with the law anyone got any info on this hope not true Flanagan the grub also in a world of trouble

possm

Coach
Possom crush just posted on the rumors thread that we have a big name player in trouble with the law anyone got any info on this hope not true Flanagan the grub also in a world of trouble

I hope this rumour is not true. Haven't heard anything about it so maybe Crush is a bit mixed up.

Apart from Widdop and Hunt, we have no big name backs and so yes I would be devastated if it was one of our big name forwards.

getsmarty

Immortal

The Roar

Reports: Corey Norman to sign with Dragons

Scott Pryde

Editor
3 hours ago

Just when you thought the NRL player merry-go-round was coming to an end, it would appear there are more movements yet to be completed.

Fox Sports are reporting Corey Norman will be the next player to move in what has been a dramatic NRL off-season, with his destination rumoured to be the St George Illawarra Dragons.

The Dragons have been chasing a new marquee signing for 2019. They were reportedly going after Jarryd Hayne before fresh sexual assault allegations became known against the code-hopping superstar.

While the rumours surrounding Norman have been building for weeks, it’s said the Eels are happy for him to try and restart his career after some indifferent form in the blue and gold over the last 12 months.

According to James Hooper, the deal is set to be announced sometime in the next 48 hours with Norman’s agent working hard to get the deal done after an Eels recruitment meeting on Tuesday had Norman at the top of the agenda.

The Eels finished 2018 with the wooden spoon, and while Norman isn’t the reason why, Parramatta are likely to want a fresh look to the squad come Round 1 in 2019 when they take on the Penrith Panthers in their season opener.

The Dragons, on the other hand, are likely to be losing Gareth Widdop at the end of the 2019 season, who, by all reports, wants to cut his contract short and return to play rugby league in England.

Despite committing for 2019, Widdop needs to be replaced after that and the Dragons may see a three-year contract for Norman as the ideal alternative.

What would be intriguing to see is how the club deals with things in the short term, given it would likely mean Norman playing fullback and Matt Dufty left out of the best 17 ahead of the 2019 season.

The youngster is one of the game’s brightest young prospects, although there was speculation abound that he would leave the club following 2018.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/12/12/reports-corey-norman-to-sign-with-dragons/

RedVDave

First Grade
1. Norman
2. Dufty/Lomax??? Not sure if either can play wing
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. JP
6. Widdop [c]
7. Hunt

possm

Coach
1. Norman
2. Dufty/Lomax??? Not sure if either can play wing
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. JP
6. Widdop [c]
7. Hunt
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
5. Jennings

In 2019 we hare wanting to win the comp so all the losers need to give way to quality. The only potential change to the above would be if Dufty improves his defensive and positional play over the off-season, then he may retain the fullback spot and Norman to left centre displacing Lafai.

Coffs dragon

Bench
This forthcoming signing of Norman has all the hallmark expectation of Dugan & Benji put together. We all know how that turned out after Mary de-skilled them and the Dragon Army turned.
I hope I am proven wrong, but I am very very wary of these rock & diamond type players in our team. Prove me wrong Storeman Norman and deliver!!!

Drag Queen

Bench
I stated this last night in a previous thread that this was happening. If the Dragon use there brains they shouldn't raise there offer. After all if Parramatta want to get rid of him, what else are they going to do?

I asked old mate who told me last night that this was going on and he has no idea what % the dragons expect the eels to pay.

Coach Brownie will have Mann playing as good at hooker as Coach Mary has our centres playing.
Not a fan?

pinkmoon

Juniors
The guy will be 28 by the time the season kicks off...how long are we going to have to wait for him fulfil this potential we keep hearing about?

The truth is that talent can only get you so far in this game. He has a poor attitude, a big ego and a sloppy work ethic. He is lazy on the field and is more interested in how his haircut is being received by a TV audience than playing football. He struts around the field with this pseudo-ganster walk, high-fiving his teammates one minute, admonishing them the next.

He is a disgrace of the highest order. Enjoy!

rednwhites

Juniors
I want to go on record in saying that I am all for us signing Corey Norman. I for one am tired of putting our public image and brand before winning the premiership. Will be excited when it finally is announced.

Packer, Dugan... Mary has seen it all before.

hewi

Bench
The guy will be 28 by the time the season kicks off...how long are we going to have to wait for him fulfil this potential we keep hearing about?

The truth is that talent can only get you so far in this game. He has a poor attitude, a big ego and a sloppy work ethic. He is lazy on the field and is more interested in how his haircut is being received by a TV audience than playing football. He struts around the field with this pseudo-ganster walk, high-fiving his teammates one minute, admonishing them the next.

He is a disgrace of the highest order. Enjoy!

I hear you loud and clear but gee I hope you are wrong.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
a9f78444697af4cd4cdc97c4361a5ebc

Welcome Corey Norman.

If you look after the club, the club will look after you.
Remember, If you upset the club, your upsetting us fans.
If you upset us fans, we will give you stick, relentlessly.

Play it safe, son.
Be true to yourself, the club and us fans and we'll love you for it, not to mention you'll love playing for the mighty red V and you might even win a GF.