What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

blacksafake

First Grade
I dont care what Corey does of field as long as he is not banned as is building nicely on field.
And Mary says he is easy and great to coach..probably cause he says nothing as Corey would likely tune out when Mary gets on the podium and think to himself I will attack my way..not yours.
We did have what would have been a fair try called back due to a forward pass..not. Nothing mentioned about that when all were saying 1 of our tries were lucky Frizz stealing he ball so Newcastle may of been the better team.
Mary has got his 80 minute performnces he wanted by telling them to tuck the ball under their arm and dont give silly penalties away etc. Now it is time to let them play schackle free football again.
There's no way the pass was forward.It amazes me how certain players such as Cronk,Smith,Brooks etc get away with so many,Especially Cronk. As for the Frizz try where does luck come into it.It was smart footy & if one of the media darlings such as Burgess did it we'd still be hearing how fantastic it was.:(o_O

Brutalitops

Juniors
Norman didn't just pull a field goal out of his arse in the Knights game. He was great all game.

Throwing great passes, threatening runs and excellent reading of the Knights defence.

I was quiet in the first couple of weeks as I knew his apparent poor form had a lot more to do with the spine mess around as well as the usual new club jitters. He's making the role his own now

Crush

Coach
Talk in paper that Norman will be selected for QLD as utility.
FFS, I hate Origin.
We aren't even going that well and we are set to lose half our fricken team to the exhibition game.
Meanwhile teams like Raiders who are flying get zero selections and keep on rolling towards the finals...

getsmarty

Immortal
FFS, I hate Origin.
We aren't even going that well and we are set to lose half our fricken team to the exhibition game.
Meanwhile teams like Raiders who are flying get zero selections and keep on rolling towards the finals...

Don't worry Crush, DeBelin may be cleared to play by then and Mary can play him @ Half....

Life's Good

Coach
FFS, I hate Origin.
I agree. Origin has proven a disruption for us many a time(FU Stuart for the over representation in 2011).
I’ll go against the grain with Norman though. I think(probably hope more than anything)that it could be the catalyst for him to become the player he has spoken about becoming for many years.

getsmarty

Immortal
Norman won't see point to prove with Eels
  • NRL
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Dragons playmaker Corey Norman has embraced his reunion with former Eels teammates.
    St George Illawarra playmaker Corey Norman has never been one to bite his tongue.

One of the straightest shooters in the NRL, the 28-year-old had already let his mind wander to next Sunday against his old Parramatta teammates within an hour of fulltime on Anzac Day.

"Yeah, I'll be spraying them," Norman laughed.

"I will be throwing a bit of lip on the field but I'll be getting some back too.

"No doubt I will be seeing a bit of traffic and I'm looking forward to the competition."

Norman spent all of the past two seasons hearing about what the redeveloped Western Sydney Stadium would be like.

But come next weekend he'll run out there a fortnight after the rest of his ex-Eels teammates have, and wearing the Dragons' Red V.

The Queenslander's exit from the Eels wasn't clean cut after a five-season stay there.

He had a year to run on his contract and it came after rumours of him being shopped around by Parramatta for the majority of 2018.

Norman also spent the back half of last season moving between fullback and five-eighth, as his halves partnership with Mitchell Moses never gelled.

But in his first game up against his old team, Norman insists he won't be going out there to make a statement.

"There's no point to prove, it is what it is. I have left there ... it's rugby league and people get moved on," he said.

"I'm happy now, they're happy now. It's just going to be a great game at a new stadium."

Norman watched the Eels' stadium-opening flogging of the Wests Tigers as closely as anyone.

He recognised the emotion surrounding the club's return to their Parramatta base, and the excitement

But while he knows the ground will continue to provide some kind of advantage for his old club, he doesn't expect the Eels to maintain the same type of rage.

"That was always going to happen with the new ground there, but I'd be very surprised if they do that again," Norman said.

"No doubt they will start well again, but the way they started last week was pretty crazy.

"We've probably got to step our first half up because they will be coming out firing."

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6093043/norman-wont-see-point-to-prove-with-eels/?cs=7486

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Norman has been (in my opinion) almost invisible over the past fortnight. Hopefully, a matchup against his old club will bring out the best of him.

This won’t please some, but I fail to see what he’s done so far that Widdop doesn’t already do on a more consistent basis.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Norman has been (in my opinion) almost invisible over the past fortnight. Hopefully, a matchup against his old club will bring out the best of him.

This won’t please some, but I fail to see what he’s done so far that Widdop doesn’t already do on a more consistent basis.

To me, they both provide different offerings. Widdop definitely the better of the two.
Hope that Norman scores soon and develops further.

hazzbeen

Bench
I wish anyone that wears our jersey well.
Gaz is out indefinitely, and so I wish Norman takes the reins and does well.

You are right, different skill sets.
Widdop has been great for us , Norman is a good fit for the team . For me if he keep himself out of the spot light ( for wrong reasons ) he in my opinion will be a good replacement and will only get better ......

Glenn012

Juniors
Widdop has been great for us , Norman is a good fit for the team . For me if he keep himself out of the spot light ( for wrong reasons ) he in my opinion will be a good replacement and will only get better ......
The level of delusion is frightening! As the playmaker he stated he wanted to be and was paid to be, he was an unmitigated disaster! Norman is the real deal. That guy is a playmaker. His playmaking is freeing Hunt up to play his game. Norman isn't Jonathan Thurston but he isn't Gareth Widdop either. If we get TruSaint's persecuted hero, Jack de Belin back, the forward pack Widdop stunk it up behind is going to allow Norman and Hunt to take this team to another level. A GF between us and the Rorters coming up.