What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

SBD82

Coach
Good hygiene is a great way to stop a rapid spread of the virus.

It’s a sad reflection on society that we need to be reminded to wash our hands and to cover our coughs & sneezes.
Scary news that people have been buying so much handwash that the stores are running out.

WTF have people been doing up until now?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Scary news that people have been buying so much handwash that the stores are running out.

WTF have people been doing up until now?
I don’t know about you, but I’ve just been letting my dog lick my hands clean whenever they are dirty.

Has saved me heaps of cash!

Gareth67

First Grade
We always had newspaper in our dunny way back when I was young . When the shops began to sell it it took my pop forever to realize that you had to take off the hard as cement outer covering before applying it to one’s posterior !

RedVDave

First Grade
Good hygiene is a great way to stop a rapid spread of the virus.

It’s a sad reflection on society that we need to be reminded to wash our hands and to cover our coughs & sneezes.

Arghh yes could not agree more common sense is no longer common.

Certain people now need instructions on how be ethical and have etiquette give me a break.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
We always had newspaper in our dunny way back when I was young . When the shops began to sell it it took my pop forever to realize that you had to take off the hard as cement outer covering before applying it to one’s posterior !

Sheer luxury l say, G67.
We couldn’t afford to buy papers.
Luckily, we had a high pressure water blasting contractor living next door who would take pity on us once a week.
Sheer ruddy luxury!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The issue for me is when will it start. Imagine if you're sitting next to someone who sneezes or coughs, will that cause hysteria, arguements even leading to something more violent with other people around. We've seen it already on trains etc.
I have a feeling the games will be played to empty stadiums, sooner rather than later.

Gareth67

First Grade
The issue for me is when will it start. Imagine if you're sitting next to someone who sneezes or coughs, will that cause hysteria, arguements even leading to something more violent with other people around. We've seen it already on trains etc.
I have a feeling the games will be played to empty stadiums, sooner rather than later.

Without going too deep into this shocking illness the fact is that Australia being an island continent HAD , did HAVE the best possible defense against the virus .

I fully understand that one of our northern neighbors , whose government takes upon itself to dictate the policies of other countries , allowed many of its infected citizens to travel to all points of the global compass before declaring that there was a major health concern .

Of course this was bad enough as basically that was the very reason the epidemic became a worldwide health problem . BUT for the Australian government to relent to the dictates of the ambassador of our omnipotent neighbor has not helped in any way whatsoever.

For our Prime Minister to say that we have one of the best health systems in the world as well as economies to cope with the virus shows that Donald Trump fed him much more than an sumptuous banquet when at the White House , it apparently also included a 4 course dessert of Grade ‘A’ cow-dung .

Last edited:

Bench
The NRL and Fox have this covered. If a game is played at say Homebush, they could just insert some crowd noises into the audio feed.
Maybe they could just insert some crowd video from a game played in 2019.
It’s worked before, NRL deception 101,

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The NRL and Fox have this covered. If a game is played at say Homebush, they could just insert some crowd noises into the audio feed.
Maybe they could just insert some crowd video from a game played in 2019.
It’s worked before, NRL deception 101,

True that.
If they want to show a poor home crowd, coronavirus won't be the cause.
It will be the McGregorvirus in full flight holding the crowds back, just like last season. ( lowest crowds )

Crush

Coach
I would b pretty certain that within the next few weeks the Corona virus outbreak will affect the NRL competition w large crowd gatherings being stopped for a few weeks (so no game attendance) and also the game itself being the worlds premier contact sport being halted .. seriously you would have to think all the drink bottles sharing and spitting and face rubbing that goes on in tackles would put the game on the highest alert as a threat of the virus spreading . I’m calling it NRL will be put on stop in the early rounds for a few weeks if not longer..
You know what Mickey, I reckon you may be right. I'm with you, I reckon Coronavirus will pause the season for 6-8 weeks and it'll be a shortened season. State of Origin will be cancelled too.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You know what Mickey, I reckon you may be right. I'm with you, I reckon Coronavirus will pause the season for 6-8 weeks and it'll be a shortened season. State of Origin will be cancelled too.
I’m definitely feeling it at work, we are getting very quite looks like there will be layoffs starting to happen soon. Everyone I talk to in the industry is starting feel the pinch. It’s happened really quickly, I can see this being a pretty rough year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m definitely feeling it at work, we are getting very quite looks like there will be layoffs starting to happen soon. Everyone I talk to in the industry is starting feel the pinch. It’s happened really quickly, I can see this being a pretty rough year.
What industry, if you don’t mind me asking...?

blue bags

First Grade
all industries relating to tourism is being smashed right now . if this corona takes off here, 100,000s or more jobs will suffer

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
all industries relating to tourism is being smashed right now . if this corona takes off here, 100,000s or more jobs will suffer
Once one industry suffers everything in term starts to suffer really. For example if you rely on government contracts primarily and the government is struggling with the bushfires and now the virus, new government projects start thinning out pretty fast. We had a meeting at work about it the other day in that business leaders have seen recession coming for some months but this seems to be the straw that broke the camels back.

Latest posts