What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

unforgiven

Bench
The worst thing is Bennett will probably enable his sooking so he won't come back with any motivation.

Watching The Last Dance on Netflix, you get an appreciation of the greats of the game who worked their f**king asses off to be the best - consistently.
Have you watched the Rodman ep yet?

ImpishEvenHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Brace yourself for all the anti league articles that will be pumped out

Xcalibre

Juniors
If they're registered to him, and he has a permit, and he has them locked up, and he has done everything within the law to purchase, possess and keep these rifles - up until this incident, what business is it of yours?

And because of this incident, the Police are taking the appropriate actions, and it would appear Latrell has had his licence suspended and is aiding the authorities in handing in his legally owned rifles.

Err, it’s as much my business as you or anyone else posting about it.

You have to keep firearms at one address afaik. If his Sydney address is on his permit that’s fine. All these question marks have arisen because he clearly has flouted one of the more serious parts of firearms laws in allowing an unlicensed person to use one of his firearms, yet you’re trying to make light of it?

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah, nah.
Mental health isn’t a level playing field from the start.
Add in all the things that have happened over the past couple of months and it plays on people differently.
Some people deal with what others see as immense trauma and take it all in their stride, others suffer terribly when things that others see as minor go wrong.
‘Suck it up’ doesn’t work when talking about mental health.

So you think these f**ktards can do as they please & cry mental health? Gimme a break. There are plenty of avenues for them to go down to get help if they genuinely need it.

King hit

Coach
Rl fans be like: yay we love Vlandys, he’s tough and uncompromising and will lead the game to a better future
First player stuff up and usual slap on the wrist
Fans be like: we hate Vlandys, inconsistent and not tough enough
Lol
You condemn Greenberg for years like Bin Laden ordering the deaths of Americans and now he is gone your worshipping him like they worshiped Alice Cooper in Wayne’s world

weird

no name

Referee
So you think these f**ktards can do as they please & cry mental health? Gimme a break. There are plenty of avenues for them to go down to get help if they genuinely need it.
Did I mention any of these players?
I don’t know the mental health of any of these players, so I won’t be commenting on it, neither should you.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don’t know the mental health of any of these players, so I won’t be commenting on it, neither should you.

My original comment was at T Boon suggesting that Latrell & JAC may have did what they did due to legitimate mental health issues. I was just calling bullshit on it. These f**kers pull out the race/mental health card way too often.

no name

Referee
My original comment was at T Boon suggesting that Latrell & JAC may have did what they did due to legitimate mental health issues. I was just calling bullshit on it. These f**kers pull out the race/mental health card way too often.
My comment was that no one can judge the mental health of anyone else.

Xcalibre

Juniors

His/her point is valid though. Plenty of people who are struggling are abiding by social distancing rules. These two did not. It’s no excuse. If they truly had concerns for family doing it tough, pick up the phone like most of us are limited to.

Is going camping, dirt bike riding and shooting guns really necessary to support someone with mental health challenges at the best of times? I think not.

soc123_au

Staff member
My comment was that no one can judge the mental health of anyone else.
I'm not arguing that. But it cant be used as a crutch to excuse poor behaviour when you are caught out. Be a man & take responsibility for choices & if you are really doing it tough mentally then seek the appropriate support. These blokes have whatever they need on speed dial from their clubs.

unforgiven

Bench
Yep, coming back from a bender and leading a training drill was classic.
Coming back 3 days late to lead the training drill. The whole ep was hilarious, was awesome to see him in his Pearl Jam shirt too. In 2011 I went to the US to go to the Pearl Jam 20th anniversary festival and he was there. He was massive, glad I wasn't directly behind him.

T-Boon

Coach
Yeah, nah.
Mental health isn’t a level playing field from the start.
Add in all the things that have happened over the past couple of months and it plays on people differently.
Some people deal with what others see as immense trauma and take it all in their stride, others suffer terribly when things that others see as minor go wrong.
‘Suck it up’ doesn’t work when talking about mental health.

This.

T-Boon

Coach
It's still not an excuse. Get help by all means, but understand its not a licence to do whatever the f**k you want.

I have a few friends and family who if they were doing it tough enough I would tell the authorities to stick their rules.

Cactus

Juniors
Rl fans be like: yay we love Vlandys, he’s tough and uncompromising and will lead the game to a better future
First player stuff up and usual slap on the wrist
Fans be like: we hate Vlandys, inconsistent and not tough enough
Lol

Maybe, but whats to like about the handling of this, is the speed and directness of it. No stuffing about, cancelling the slow burn effect in the media.