What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Chimp

Bench
Fair play to Cleary for coming out and owning his mistake, apologising and showing what I consider genuine remorse, accepting other players will probably be pissed with him. Earns some man points there....

Then he explains they’re his sisters mates, and it appears he didn’t even get a root out of it.... just lost all those man points.... all this grief and he’s not even having an orgy

macnaz

Staff member
Fair play to Cleary for coming out and owning his mistake, apologising and showing what I consider genuine remorse, accepting other players will probably be pissed with him. Earns some man points there....

Then he explains they’re his sisters mates, and it appears he didn’t even get a root out of it.... just lost all those man points.... all this grief and he’s not even having an orgy
I'm sure he will take it on the chin

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
State of origin may go bananas in November, over 3 big weekends

Might stay there forever

I would hate for it to stay in November, it would kill international and may even kill Origin in the long run.

But 3 weeks back-to-back (maybe 4 weeks with a wednesday-Sunday-Wednesday schedule) in June-July would be brilliant.

Id also wanna see them take the chance to reduce the season to 20 rounds every year to give more time to rep matches, events (but the clubs bosses wont let that happen.)

flippikat

Bench
I'm liking the 25 October Grand Final date.

It's the Sunday before Labour Day here in New Zealand (4th Monday in October), so everyone here can stay up late to see it & not worry about work the following morning.

It matters a lot while the NRL keep on with night kick-off for GF. Sunday night is cool for Sydney/Brisbane, but here it means I need the day off after it.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Umm you are all acting like it’s guaranteed , nsw govt gave normal presser this morning , premier and top cop did not seem impressed with the star trios actions plus some federal nut said it was at risk . I think media will find other players in the meantime breaking rules during the iso period before Friday’s decision by government and can see May 28 day scraped

Umm you are all acting like it’s guaranteed , nsw govt gave normal presser this morning , premier and top cop did not seem impressed with the star trios actions plus some federal nut said it was at risk . I think media will find other players in the meantime breaking rules during the iso period before Friday’s decision by government and can see May 28 day scraped
Ok Mr Negative

moffla

Bench
I think this is in the back of many people's minds, but people including myself are also going a bit stir crazy sitting at home all day going through the motions so having something to potentially look forward to is a win

Angry_eel

First Grade
Mate your're not wrong but NRL players aren't the only ones doing the wrong thing. Pennant Hills road this morning is back to 80% of it's usual traffic. Are you telling me all these people are going to work?

Cops have stopped pulling people over at least in Sydney. The lockdown is unofficially over.

In Qld, Cops were partying with politicians. So much for QLD premier badmouthing the NRL for returning.

Brace yourself for all the anti league articles that will be pumped out

From the people of those sports who haven’t seen their sport show the leadership and pro-activity in getting underway again. Crab mentality, if we can’t play then no-one should play.

Although I omit the sporting management from other sporting bodies here. In Adelaide I’ve seen a lot of stories on this and the AFL are keen to see this progress, as if successful they can hope to get going soon. But there are numerous naysayers in the journo and ex-player ranks which is to be expected. Crabs.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Mate your're not wrong but NRL players aren't the only ones doing the wrong thing. Pennant Hills road this morning is back to 80% of it's usual traffic. Are you telling me all these people are going to work?

Cops have stopped pulling people over at least in Sydney. The lockdown is unofficially over.

In Qld, Cops were partying with politicians. So much for QLD premier badmouthing the NRL for returning.

difference
- is that there employers are not trying to get the government to ease restrictions on their industry to allow them To operate
- the nature of the occupation there is no social distancing where players are touching each other
- the players are extremely well paid
- the players are high profile and at best of times anything they do gets media saturation , they were warned when game was postponed there would be heavy sanctions if they didn’t follow lockdown laws
- they haven’t had the head of their organisation banging about process / bio measures in place that will protect players and communities
- trying to bring other people from overseas to play there game
- im sure those Queenslanders will cop bigger punishments than the players did

PARRA_FAN

Coach

Ive explained to people why he's got a smaller fine, as opposed to Addo Carr and Mitchell.

Still dumb for Cleary to invite people in, even if they were just having a "quick" visit and catching an "Uber".

And btw, WTF were the girls doing and where were they going?

They're not only dumb enough to go out in public but also dumb enough to post it on social media, with an NRL player, which would obviously go viral and possibly in hands with the Police.

grouch

First Grade
ImpishEvenHapuku-size_restricted.gif
I love the moon mission feel of this prject name. I can hear JFK giving the speech now

"We choose to bring the game back in May and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"

Ive explained to people why he's got a smaller fine, as opposed to Addo Carr and Mitchell.

Still dumb for Cleary to invite people in, even if they were just having a "quick" visit and catching an "Uber".

And btw, WTF were the girls doing and where were they going?

They're not only dumb enough to go out in public but also dumb enough to post it on social media, with an NRL player, which would obviously go viral and possibly in hands with the Police.

I hope the police come on those girls like a ton of bricks.