What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

The NRL is set to officially get back underway on May 28 with a 20 round season and a Grand Final date set for October 25.

Australian Rugby League Commission (ARLC) Chair Peter V’landys today confirmed the details after extensive consultation with broadcast partners, clubs, and key stakeholders.

State of Origin is set to be played following the Grand Final.

“Today is a landmark day for rugby league in 2020,” Mr V’landys said. “This is a great outcome for our players, fans, partners and stakeholders and I’m extremely appreciative for the co-operation and support from Hugh Marks and Patrick Delany. Both have always acted in good-spirit and have demonstrated how partners work together."

The first two rounds of the season and the results will remain in place with the ladder staying as is ahead of the return.

Breaking: NRL to restart with 20-round competition from May 28 with grand final on October 25https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/28/nrl-announces-20-round-competition-for-2020/ …#NRL

NRL announces 20 round competition for 2020
nrl.com

All clubs will resume training on May 4 with the New Zealand Warriors set to land back in Australia over the weekend before undergoing 14-days of isolation in Tamworth.

Mr V’landys said it was clearly safer to play now than what it was when the competition proceeded in Round 2.

“It’s safer now to play then it was in Round 2 when we were playing. The daily infection rate in NSW was 25.79% when the last game was played. It has been now less than 1% in NSW for the last 18 days and is continuing to drop. There has also been a significant improvement in the recovery rate, being 75% in NSW and 83% in Australia.

“Our players will be safer under our protocols than they would be as regular members of the community.

“The NRL’s working group, Project Apollo, will meet tomorrow to continue preparations to resume the season.”

The NRL draw will be determined in coming weeks.

Cactus

Juniors
I will give you all, this to contemplate.

Despite the conjecture and debate around PVL and the media deals etc, it really has to be said that the NRL will be the first sport back while I have seen just about every nancy news reader on tv look into the camera and almost bag the sport for aspiring to return.

Yet here we are, on the brink, when almost everyone said it couldnt/shouldnt be done.

The NRL will peg the AFL in the history books here & be close to the leading sport in the world on this issue.

txta2

First Grade

Despite the conjecture and debate around PVL and the media deals etc, it really has to be said that the NRL will be the first sport back while I have seen just about every nancy news reader on tv look into the camera and almost bag the sport for aspiring to return.

Yet here we are, on the brink, when almost everyone said it couldnt/shouldnt be done.

The NRL will peg the AFL in the history books here & be close to the leading sport in the world on this issue.
I'll sit on the fence till the last week to believe that it will happen. There is an amount of hurdles that need to be cleared. They have already stumbled with players breaking the rules, big time.

macnaz

Staff member
I'll sit on the fence till the last week to believe that it will happen. There is an amount of hurdles that need to be cleared. They have already stumbled with players breaking the rules, big time.
If they continue to take the feather slap approach to players breaking the rules like they have shown there is no way in hell the season will get underway let alone actually last more then a few games. Harden the f**k up V'landy !!

taipan

Referee
Bandana will go apesh*t at this decision.We'll now see him at his most miserable, and the bile he'll throw at the game ,you'll just about smell it.
Vlad has given Bandana the bird, and that has to be worth the price of admission.
I prefer someone with balls to say this is what i'm aiming at, you like it or lump it, instead of some of the pc gimps we've had in the past.

macnaz

Staff member
Peter limp'Handys ... fmd can you believe the sanctions handed down .
Root a school girl and embarrass the code ... . Equals -deregistered !!!
Embarrass the code , break the law , put 100's of players livelihoods in doubt, jeopardise a multi million dollar media deal, potentially bankrupt nrl clubs ... get a small fine and play on .
And we all put shit on Greenberg, something already tells me it's the same old favoritism regardless of whom heads this shit hole called NRL headquarters.

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Dare any government to stand in our way also.