What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Walpole

Juniors
That's fine. Bryce can just stay at home. No issue for anyone. On we move. Doesn't even require a please explain from the NRL. Just sweet as, good luck in your new career - which based on your perceived intelligence, might be f**k all.
He'll get a job. Roadside trash doesn't pick itself up.

moffla

Bench
I must say I am extremely surprised an example terrible parenting from someone who not too long ago coerced a woman he had an affair with into having an abortion.

TheFrog

Coach
Even if Bryce Cartwright is banned from playing for the Gold Coast, as soon a player runs through a gap on his edge his team mates will think he's there anyway.
Bryce needs to grow a pair and think for himself. Maybe his partner, faced with life on the rock 'n roll, will do it for him

Frailty

First Grade
V’landys has been nothing short of outstanding. Went out of his way to achieve something that was extremely difficult and has done it whilst the AFL did nothing and is running scared knowing that Rugby League will be the only sport on Victorian TV. They are scared of Rugby League exposure in Victoria.

Well, they would be scared if Channel Nine actually provided decent RL coverage down here.

I'm sure they'll decide that Lethal Weapon is more important to show on the main channel. Oh, and no need for pre and post-game coverage either.

Frailty

First Grade
Would be a silly option noting everyone's thirst for some sport at the moment. Simply has to go on the main channel, especially for those weeks when there is no direct competition. It's like they don't want the exposure down here when they do that.

This is the channel that openly admitted they'd prefer the season would not get played.

Channel Nine do not care about the growth and exposure of the game. They want to drain what they can from advertisers whilst also minimising the TV contract value. Why help expand the game when it only increases the games value?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well, they would be scared if Channel Nine actually provided decent RL coverage down here.

I'm sure they'll decide that Lethal Weapon is more important to show on the main channel. Oh, and no need for pre and post-game coverage either.
Until it is choice for wasteland state school kids, does not mattter.

sempmrh

Juniors

I get irrationally angry any time I hear ‘this has been a presentation of Nine’s Wide World of Sports’.

TheFrog

Coach
That's fine. Bryce can just stay at home. No issue for anyone. On we move. Doesn't even require a please explain from the NRL. Just sweet as, good luck in your new career - which based on your perceived intelligence, might be f**k all.
In the words of Gus Gould, you've got to lay a lot of bricks to make $500k. The thing is though, can they just sack him, or even not pay him, for not having a needle if its not in his contract?

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Channel Nine do not care about the growth and exposure of the game. They want to drain what they can from advertisers whilst also minimising the TV contract value.
There's nothing at all wrong with this attitude. Most business types would say that is how business works. The trouble is they've signed a legally binding contract that had 2.5 years to run. The time to try to force the price down was when they signed this one, or when they sit down to sign the next one. What they are trying to do is take advantage of the coronavirus to squeeze their business partner.