What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Anti-Vax is not a religion, it is anti science, humans live longer healthier lives than ever, read that book morons.

No jab no play, you are free to choose and be unemployable.

I was vaxed, so were my kids, I know this as I took them (mum could not handle the tears), had a little book and everything.

Typical children, read one book and think they know it all, mates know better.

Go drive a forklift.

BadnMean

Juniors
Not sure of the connection with these players, but I can tell you that Leviticus is from the Old Testament and the edicts contained therein applied to the Children of Israel, ie Jews, but with the formation of the Christian church in the early centuries AD and the making of the New Covenant of Jesus (in the book of Acts), most edicts found in the old testament do not apply to modern Christians. Tattoos would be included in this provided they are not "graven images" ie images of false objects of worship.

Ah ok, fair enough.

Let's just select a ridiculous part of the New Testament then. I hope they are just as strict about keeping the head of their missus covered...

"For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head."- Corinthians

And if there is an interpretation head twister where Jeebus didn't really mean that part either- then maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want his flock to die stupidly of terrible diseases, whilst also exposing others to said diseases because all vaxxinations are evil too. Why don't they just reinterpret that bit?

Valheru

Coach
Anti-Vax is not a religion, it is anti science, humans live longer healthier lives than ever, read that book morons.

No jab no play, you are free to choose and be unemployable.

I was vaxed, so were my kids, I know this as I took them (mum could not handle the tears), had a little book and everything.

Typical children, read one book and think they know it all, mates know better.

Go drive a forklift.

They aren't refusing to vaccinate their kids though are they?

Although Cartwright is pretty heavily implying that he wouldn't.

They are talking about the flu shot. Have you got the flu shot every year?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They aren't refusing to vaccinate their kids though are they?

Although Cartwright is pretty heavily implying that he wouldn't.

They are talking about the flu shot. Have you got the flu shot every year?
No, but would if asked to, and if not find another job. That is freedom of choice.

Many jobs I do not bother with due to the terms of employment.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is totally ok though to check his piss for banned drugs, and ban/expel if he took the wrong ones.

Where is the freedom?

You must have these drugs but none of these.

Or f**k off.

Frailty

First Grade
I always love the "but mah freedom" argument. What about everyone else's freedom to call you an idiot.

You are free to not vaccinate, no one is stopping you. But all decisions have consequences - the NRL has the freedom to make rules to ensure the health and safety of it's players and staff.

flippikat

Bench
Ah ok, fair enough.

Let's just select a ridiculous part of the New Testament then. I hope they are just as strict about keeping the head of their missus covered...

"For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head."- Corinthians

And if there is an interpretation head twister where Jeebus didn't really mean that part either- then maybe, just maybe, he doesn't want his flock to die stupidly of terrible diseases, whilst also exposing others to said diseases because all vaxxinations are evil too. Why don't they just reinterpret that bit?

It reminds me of one of my favourite John Lennon quotes,

"Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
- John Lennon, 1966

Valheru

Coach
It is totally ok though to check his piss for banned drugs, and ban/expel if he took the wrong ones.

Where is the freedom?

You must have these drugs but none of these.

Or f**k off.

Oh come on, this is completely different.

Performance enhancing drugs are cheating.

Illicit drugs are exactly that, illicit.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It reminds me of one of my favourite John Lennon quotes,

"Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
- John Lennon, 1966
Or lets go it is 2020.

There is a pandemic, it no hoax, people are dying, doors are shut.

Vaccines over centuries have eradicted many diseases. Some still exist yet to conquered.

Every other player is taking this seasons flu shot.

Be that guy, that walks away knowing better.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Oh come on, this is completely different.

Performance enhancing drugs are cheating.

Illicit drugs are exactly that, illicit.

Ohhh, forget you lot know what any person can or should take and any person what can or cannot take.

The over arching stuff. Like vaccines.

Then there is employment contracts and conditions. Or make your own, I find it ok.

Hey all up for do not drink an ok drug like 4 beers and 2 sambucas and drive a crane.

Steriods, hey bad. Lance one ball bad.

No flu shot in contact sports, find a job and beat the flu outright, have not managed yet, like we have small pox.

Point being want to play league, no 1000 drugs, and a couple we need you to have.

Your choice.

Valheru

Coach
Ohhh, forget you lot know what any person can or should take and any person what can or cannot take.

The over arching stuff. Like vaccines.

Then there is employment contracts and conditions. Or make your own, I find it ok.

Hey all up for do not drink an ok drug like 4 beers and 2 sambucas and drive a crane.

Steriods, hey bad. Lance one ball bad.

No flu shot in contact sports, find a job and beat the flu outright, have not managed yet, like we have small pox.

But hey why do not not all tell me want I cannot have and must have cannot.

Point being want to play league, no 1000 drugs, and a couple we need you to have.

Your choice.

Mate I have know idea what you are on about here.

TheFrog

Coach
And if there is an interpretation head twister where Jeebus didn't really mean that part either
Well he didn't say it, if that helps. The bloke who (purportedly) did say it (Paul the apostle) probably meant it at the time for the Corinthians, whom he was giving instructions on how to run their church, but not necessarily for all time and all peoples. You'd really have to consult a theologian on this one.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mate I have know idea what you are on about here.
Ok.

Why is OK to say you take cannot these drugs.

But not ok to take the one we insist one.

Every other player is taking this under the same health advice.

Well it is OK to walk away and take the banned drugs available to others.

Well it is OK to walk away if you do not take the one we insist one.

I will keep the ones our society bans for everyone out, which is hard when they insist you take some.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The NRL has permitted players to keep playing if they dont get a flu shot according to Brent Read.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/8cbd45fee776e5a7bc251ac811c858e9
Wrong decision.

I'm sick of society pandering to absolute MORONS.

f**k your supposed freedoms you anti-science, anti-intellectual, anti-vaxxer braindead troglodytes.

This is a public health issue and it puts other players at risk.

So once more,
no jab, no play, no pay.

Don't like it? Go shovel dirt for a living for $22 per hour.

Exsilium

First Grade
I remember having to always wear my school hat when outside and if I didn’t, no play.

I kept losing hats, forgetting them at home or arguing I didn’t need it and it was my choice to wear one or not.

I sat under that damn tree for so long that I wish I’d just done what was asked.

To date I think I could have won the school yard cricket game of 98 if I had of just swallowed my pride.

Moral of the story, f**k off Bryce. You’re a fringe first grader at best. f**king fraud.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Like me, never make solider would Bryce.

I would just be expelled after going na not doing another push up.

Made my life elsewhere. Army gives you drugs too.