What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

simmo05

Bench
Like me, never make solider would Bryce.

I would just be expelled after going na not doing another push up.

Made my life elsewhere. Army gives you drugs too.
The boys from 1rar who went to Timor in 2000 might have a problem with the army giving you drugs....

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The boys from 1rar who went to Timor in 2000 might have a problem with the army giving you drugs....
Not sure what that means.

Timor should be Indonesia and West Papua not.

Lets not talk gas in the ground. Check a map.

I know a Lieutenant colonel, but she has been there and Iraq, we clash, but much respect.

They get needles.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Then legislate it.

It is to some extent with the ‘no jab, no p(l)ay’ legislation banning unvaxxed kids from child care centres, or penalising their parents. I thought it was a federal legislation but only found info on some states that have it.

My comment was more aimed at the notion of vaccination affecting the individual, when it’s intended to help everyone. You cannot make vaccinations mandatory for adults imo, but the laws already help to make it so for children, which is most important anyway, since many diseases have been eradicated because of the shots most of us get as kids.

TheFrog

Coach
Oh well, the NRL have backed down and the novax 4 can play with an amended waiver.

On to the next crisis.

TheFrog

Coach
Has there been word yet on when a schedule will be announced?
I see Boyd Cordner saying he should be OK to play Souths....maybe clubs have been told but we haven't. Or maybe they will just come back with the round 3 that was scheduled.

AJB1102

First Grade
I remember having to always wear my school hat when outside and if I didn’t, no play.

I kept losing hats, forgetting them at home or arguing I didn’t need it and it was my choice to wear one or not.

I sat under that damn tree for so long that I wish I’d just done what was asked.

To date I think I could have won the school yard cricket game of 98 if I had of just swallowed my pride.

Moral of the story, f**k off Bryce. You’re a fringe first grader at best. f**king fraud.

But at least only you would get skin cancer and be at no risk of infecting your mates who were unable to wear hats (i.e. immunocompromised kids).

Valheru

Coach
It is to some extent with the ‘no jab, no p(l)ay’ legislation banning unvaxxed kids from child care centres, or penalising their parents. I thought it was a federal legislation but only found info on some states that have it.

My comment was more aimed at the notion of vaccination affecting the individual, when it’s intended to help everyone. You cannot make vaccinations mandatory for adults imo, but the laws already help to make it so for children, which is most important anyway, since many diseases have been eradicated because of the shots most of us get as kids.

Yeah agree

I thought the kids stuff was national legislation too. Although interesting to note that the flu shot is not mandatory and childcare centres/schools don't require it.

I think going forward the NRL will put explicit clauses in contracts which will mean they are in a much stronger position to enforce it like other sectors do.

I'm not all for this compulsory vaccination for players, because where will it end?
If they ever implement an IQ test for players the comp would be f..kn finished.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
It should be no jab, no play...

Nobody would be forcing anyone to have the vaccine, they are giving them a choice;

- Have the jab, and earn a living playing NRL

- Don’t have the jab, earn a living elsewhere

Bryce is probably scared of the needle.

Scared of his moronic mrs

But at least only you would get skin cancer and be at no risk of infecting your mates who were unable to wear hats (i.e. immunocompromised kids).

That’s what has gotten lost in the debate. A lot of the players don’t know how vaccinations work and nobody seems to be explaining it to them.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The NRL has permitted players to keep playing if they dont get a flu shot according to Brent Read.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/8cbd45fee776e5a7bc251ac811c858e9

I think everyone is missing the point of this anti-vax story....

This is a flu vaccine, so the point is to keep the players immune systems strong incase they catch Coronavirus. It's not going to effect whether they are contagious (the players will be contagious regardless), just whether they themselves get really f*cking sick.

The problem is that the players are refusing to sign a waiver saying that they take responsibility for the decision. If they get sick, they want the NRL to be responsible/liable.

They are ranting about their freedom of choice, but what they are really fighting for is the right to sue the NRL if their dumb choices cause them or their kids to get sick