What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

azza29

Juniors
The AFL player that tested negative, then positive, has now tested negative. What a circus this is...

Perth Red

Post Whore
The AFL player that tested negative, then positive, has now tested negative. What a circus this is...

my sister is a nurse in uk, got tested as she had symptoms, came back negative, she knew she was sick so stayed off work, retested two days later and tested positive! Not sure I have a lot of faith in the testing accuracy!

To an extent, of course, but re-locating 10 teams to states that aren't keen on Melbourne/Vic people travelling isn't an easy task, just the logistics of ground allocation alone would be difficult.

They are facing the prospect today of having two games postponed, it doesn't take much more of that sort of logjam to completely disrupt a season.

Like I said though,early days, and I don't think its anything like an season ending issue just yet.

Also the AFL players and the AFL Players Association really were resistant to many of the bio-security measure the AFL Commission wanted to implement. They were publicly very up in arms about being separated from family and friends. Hence relocating 10 Melbourne teams interstate would create problems at the player end too I dare say.

moffla

Bench
Looks like Storm will aim to be based in QLD after this weekend until we are allowed back in Victoria.
Suncorp traditionally has been our home away from home, so it makes sense.

Damn shame, was looking forward to seeing some crowds creep back into AAMI Park

jim_57

Staff member
Good to see Sunshine Coast and Central Coast will be getting some games with crowds at least, some small positives in a disastrous year.

Has AFL acted with the Lions & Suns? This will totally f*ck them like the Warriors have been. If NSW, SA or WA bring in similar restrictions that could just be the AFL put on hold again. Likewise though if NSW had an outbreak we'd be in a bit of trouble, fingers crossed.

King hit

Coach
Good to see Sunshine Coast and Central Coast will be getting some games with crowds at least, some small positives in a disastrous year.

Has AFL acted with the Lions & Suns? This will totally f*ck them like the Warriors have been. If NSW, SA or WA bring in similar restrictions that could just be the AFL put on hold again. Likewise though if NSW had an outbreak we'd be in a bit of trouble, fingers crossed.
They are still expecting teams to travel to Melbourne

Latest posts