What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Diesel

Coach
I saw a tweet saying the Suns might have to stay in Melbourne past this weekend, talk about putting a game before the health of a team.

If the AFL is on hold for two weeks, their GF falls in the same week as the Melbourne Cup Carnival.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see Sunshine Coast and Central Coast will be getting some games with crowds at least, some small positives in a disastrous year.

Has AFL acted with the Lions & Suns? This will totally f*ck them like the Warriors have been. If NSW, SA or WA bring in similar restrictions that could just be the AFL put on hold again. Likewise though if NSW had an outbreak we'd be in a bit of trouble, fingers crossed.
Storm will be based on Sunny Coast but their home games for now look to be at Suncorp.

Gosford will remain the Warriors base until a travel bubble can be organised I'd say.

sempmrh

Juniors
At the risk of being viewed at as being ‘that guy’, I don’t think the situation in Melbourne is quite worthy of the panic that it seems to be stirring up in some - yet. Clearly there’s a problem in parts of Melbourne but they always knew it was likely to happen somewhere. It’ll take longer than a week to fix things.

Although, to be fair, if I lived in a hotspot area instead of an area with no cases my feelings would probably be different.

azza29

Juniors
At the risk of being viewed at as being ‘that guy’, I don’t think the situation in Melbourne is quite worthy of the panic that it seems to be stirring up in some - yet. Clearly there’s a problem in parts of Melbourne but they always knew it was likely to happen somewhere. It’ll take longer than a week to fix things.
Was about to post something similar, health authorities here are literally going door to door testing people so they're picking up a lot of people with very mild or no symptoms who wouldn't otherwise have been checked. Despite all of the additional cases there's still only a handful of people needing hospital treatment which you wouldn't expect given how the situation has been reported.

I would think with all of the measures and constant testing in place AFL/NRL players would be the least concerning group right now. QLD government move seems more about political point scoring than being truly useful. How far away is the election?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Queensland has done well to get where we are, the Vic’s can stay out of here ATM.
I hear that the amount of Victorian registered caravans moping around western and northern queensland is unbelievable - they quickly ditched victoria when QLD and the NT were open.

Diesel

Coach
I hear that the amount of Victorian registered caravans moping around western and northern queensland is unbelievable - they quickly ditched victoria when QLD and the NT were open.
Most hire cars and vehicles are registered in Victoria, you might find they’re residents of the state driving shire vehicle

jim_57

Staff member
Article on NRL.com about Warriors looking for loan players because Fusitua, Maumalo & Passi will go back to NZ if their families aren't able to join them soon.

How do loans work exactly? I imagine they'd have to be locked in for a certain amount of time to stop a club recalling the player at the drop of a hat.

Surely some clubs, particularly those destined for finals will be interested in offering their fringe players to get them somewhat match fit for the end of the year should they be needed in finals.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Going to be interesting. I really can’t see the warriors and storm players being away from home for 4 more months.

Spot On

Coach
Being away from family for months, especially when your wife has no help and newborns/young kids is no picnic.

That Macho bullshit is a relic of the Seventies

They aren't going off to war.

Snap out of it you new age pansie.

No wonder the world has gone soft. Toughen up and get on with it.