What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Our game never fails to deliver. Partners in the game lol. Well
worth that 25% pay rise the players got a couple of years ago!

Apey

Staff member
Only 2 minutes so far on the first fox show
Wonder if Arrow will get his own episode of NRL360 like the Saints players.
Yeah it's not hard to work out which one's the bigger story. I know over in the cuckoo's nest they think it's a conspiracy against the Dragons but that's not gunna fly among neutrals.

AJB1102

First Grade
These merkins literally live in a bubble? I know players are discouraged to listen to the media around the game but surely he had some idea what went on the past few days.

AJB1102

First Grade
How does Vaughan get 8 weeks but Arrow only 2 ?
Wouldn't surprise if Dragons agreed with NRL to flog him. NRL rubs him out for the year and makes it easy for Dragons to can the fool.

Souths would probably like Arrow off that big deal too but he hasn't f**ked up enough. $800k for him is yuck.

Apey

Staff member
Yep the one that bought someone in from outside the bubble.
I guess NRL360 has finished for the week so you don't know how outraged you should be.
Or the one where 13 players broke both the public health order and NRL rules explained to them by their coaches and staff on the same day.

One idiot breaking the NRL rules isn't as much of a story I'm sorry and it has nothing to do with your club being victims.

You seem to know more about NRL360 than I do. I've never seen more than 10 minutes of that show. I'm not interested in anyone's opinion on there, seems like it actually got dumber with Ikin leaving, that's no small feat.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
What the Dirty Dozen at the Dragons did was bad enough, but the fact that players from other clubs haven’t been deterred by the mega fines that Paul Vaughan and Corey Norman got is unthinkable.

How the arrogance of football players to think they are above everyone else. Can’t hold their liquor or keep it in their pants. Disgrace these players get paid huge amounts of money . Every year it continues and I’m not sure it will ever end no matter how much education these baboons get

Who in their right mind would want to sponsor a rugby league club right now? Couple that with the leagues club being shut and the NRL looks like it’s on death’s door.

Jai Arrow has been ruled out of next Wednesday’s third State of Origin clash in Newcastle for COVID breach, with reports he invited a woman into Queensland camp on the Gold Coast. Apparently his parents gave him a simple 3 letter first name so he could be the smartest kid in kindergarten. Has been left behind ever since.

The NRL confirmed on Thursday Arrow will leave camp and commence 14 days isolation at home.

Arrow was fined $35,000 and issued a two-game ban, which will include Origin III and one South Sydney game.

I know I have let a lot of people down, including my teammates, coaching staff and fans right across the rugby league community,” Arrow said n a statement.

“For this I am truly sorry. I have fully cooperated with the NRL integrity unit, and I understand the scrutiny and criticism coming my way.”

NRL boss Andrew Abdo said : “There are no excuses for breaching the protocols, they are our licence to continue playing – players have to comply, or we will all face the consequences.”
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...-force-queensland-into-more-origin-3-changes/
This one is even dumber that the PV one. If the reports are true and he did bring someone back to his hotel room he’s raised the stupidity stakes. the lifestyle is an attraction – but it shows them to be superficial as well if that’s the case. But in Arrow’s case his partner is a model show she already has that. He was good publicity. now he’s not.

I don’t think there is anything left to say about players breaking Covid rules that hasn’t already been said. To think this bloke is a Wayne Bennett coached player and he does this.

Is Paul Green running a summer camp or something????. Im just so angry at this. As far as Im concerned Arrow never gets to wear a Queensland jersey again. If Id had an ounce of these clowns talent I wouldve killed to get a chance to wear it and I wouldve cherished it til the day I died and no temptation in the world would have ever seen me give it up, especially for a bit of fluff .

St Tangles

Bench
Or the one where 13 players broke both the public health order and NRL rules explained to them by their coaches and staff on the same day.

One idiot breaking the NRL rules isn't as much of a story I'm sorry and it has nothing to do with your club being victims.

You seem to know more about NRL360 than I do. I've never seen more than 10 minutes of that show. I'm not interested in anyone's opinion on there, seems like it actually got dumber with Ikin leaving, that's no small feat.
One idiot bringing in someone from outside the bubble putting more at risk in one go after the Saints debacle is the bigger story.

Quality vs Quantity.

Where in my comment did I say we were victims?

Oh that's right I didn't.

I think we copped what we deserved.

Last edited:

Pretty Penny

Juniors
It would be interesting with all the stupidity of some rugby league players in the NRL have done this year if the NRL decided to run a poll and see where it stands in terms of participation in junior sport. I work in schools in the Brisbane region and a lot of children are now taking up AFL instead of rugby league. It would be interesting.

Serious minded senior people in and outside the NRL have put in an exceptional effort to keep these drongos in work during the virus era.

They have not had to find the only other work for which most of them are capable – general labourer on $40 per hour – or to line up at Centrelink; they continue to draw their handsome incomes; the players’ association has remained silent about their many breaches; their teammates applaud their stupidity – bork, bork, bork, grunt, giggle.

The players do not deserve their privileged treatment. Shut the game down – let every other player pay for the behaviour of the worst of them. They may realise the cost then, they may even act to discipline their own – or not.

Jai is a clever one. $35,000 fine plus burns the $30,000 match fee. Wouldn’t surprise to see him to be stamped as NTA and at 25, could possibly do himself out of 5x $90k future SOO match fees. That’s $500,000 lost revenue. On top of that, his girlfriend is the 2018 Miss World Australia, who I’d imagine is currently throwing all his clothes out into the street. It must be hard, hard work being an NRL/Origin coach.

Latest posts