What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costello to give $9.6m for Toyota Park

Joes Milk Bar

Juniors
In the Tele this morning. Costello will interrupt training this morning to 'hand over' a cheque for $9.6 million for ground improvements. The funds will improve facilities for the Sharks and other groups which use the ground.

Macca

Coach
Awesome news. Great call Beeks. On the money as usual.

Et stand is apparently being extended all the way around past the score board and they are putting leased boutique stores out the front. Good money spinner for the club.

The developments are starting to happen.

MrSharky

Juniors
Macca said:

Et stand is apparently being extended all the way around past the score board and they are putting leased boutique stores out the front. Good money spinner for the club.

What all the way round to meet with the Burns stand or whereabouts exactly?

Finally some good news I guess... Anyone know what the new capacity will be? 35000?....

icon6.gif

ali

Bench
MrSharky said:
What all the way round to meet with the Burns stand or whereabouts exactly?

Finally some good news I guess... Anyone know what the new capacity will be? 35000?....

icon6.gif

If anything, the capacity will go down. I hope if they are to extend the ET stand, they have a slightly longer roof so that the lower deck is fully undercover.

By the way, can one of our resident political experts explain what exactly the Libs had to gain by giving us 9.6 mil? Isn't our area fairly safe as far as the Libs are concerned.

Macca

Coach
No I don't think it goes around that far. Just past the scoreboard I believe. Should be a great improvement. Credit to our President.

Psssst, Ali, Garbo's best mates with Pete.

Aries

Bench
ali said:
Sounds great. Maybe not sack the board?

Isn't Costello our No.1 ticket holder?
If the guy with the cheque book to the country in his back pocket can't slip us a few bucks, then we really do have no hope...

Great news though!!

ali

Bench
Aries said:
Isn't Costello our No.1 ticket holder?
If the guy with the cheque book to the country in his back pocket can't slip us a few bucks, then we really do have no hope...

Great news though!!

Well good on whoever got him involved in the first place.

Quint

Juniors
Originally Posted by Macca

They better start winning some games otherwise the new stands are going to look mighty empty

ali said:
By the way, can one of our resident political experts explain what exactly the Libs had to gain by giving us 9.6 mil? Isn't our area fairly safe as far as the Libs are concerned.

Federally Cook & Hughes are safe Liberal, but state wise...

Cronulla Liberal 5.1%
Miranda Labor 2.4%
Menai Labor 4.3%
Heathcote Labor 10.5%

And remember we had Franky Sartor there a few weeks ago taking credit for doing some paper work.

MightySharks

Bench
This is the best news I have heard for a while. An improved stadium with the new development in the car park. I know it has taken a while but these thing are never simple.

Well done sharks, gold!

Bundy

Juniors
wattsy32 said:
I hope we upgrade our scoreboard!,so hard to see it from the far Peter Burns Seats

It has plagued me how we can have a huge player in the elctrical and audio visual industry as our major sponsor (LG have made it into the top 100 brands in the world) and we have the worst scoreboard in the competition. Atleast I thought we did until I took a trip out to Campbeltown with the CSSC last week only to find that we could not see even an portion of the display from their red LED scoreboard... nothing. It was then I realised that our scoreboard, out dated as it may be, would have been a much better visual aid.

That said, if the scoreboard is to be upgraded, I beg of those making the final decision to ensure that it will be an 'upgrade' and nothing like the abismal display with the pretty red lights that only half the crowd could read at Campbeltown on Sunday.

Aries

Bench
gunnamatta bay said:
Baz will probably commission a huge statue of himself straddling the main entrance.

Like I said in the 'Name the new complex" thread, call it...

WALLY WORLD, and put a big stuffed Barry dummie at the front entrance, so you can punch it in the nose as you enter :D

Latest posts