What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costello to give $9.6m for Toyota Park

Aries

Bench
!fullback! said:
wow costello's plan is already working on idiots like you

I may be able to hook him and land him, from time to time, but just watch he doesn't jump in your boat and RIP YOU TO SHREADS...

He can be a vicious SOB...;-)

Since 73

First Grade
Aries:

They are still jumping up and down on the news up here, with former MP Joel Fitzbigon going on about the Grants to... the Stain, Penrith, the Western Bulldogs(AFL) and now us, and described it as a "Slap in the face to all hunter residents, that have continually voted labour"...

Before 2005 Newcastle had the worst ground facilities in the competition.
The town has never been a swinging vote, every election they vote Labour. A leftover from having the BHP.
When Labour are in government, they don't spend any money, they know they don't have to, as they'll get voted for agian next election.
Same as Libs, they know the place will vote Labour no matter how much they throw at them, so they ignore it. They will keep missing out til they wake up.
I lived in the place for 24 years.

Aries

Bench
Since 73 said:
Before 2005 Newcastle had the worst ground facilities in the competition.
The town has never been a swinging vote, every election they vote Labour. A leftover from having the BHP.
When Labour are in government, they don't spend any money, they know they don't have to, as they'll get voted for agian next election.
Same as Libs, they know the place will vote Labour no matter how much they throw at them, so they ignore it. They will keep missing out til they wake up.
I lived in the place for 24 years.

The Labour STATE government gave them $32m and Johnnie promised to match what ever they gave them... Guess he was stunned by what the State Government did give them, and he renigged...

I started a post here, spewing about the fact he didn't, actually, and I voted him in... he should have matched it, and let them develope the WHOLE ground, not just half of it!!

newman said:
They better not TOUCH that scoreboard. I love that scoreboard.

For those who dont know, it was moved from Sutherland Oval our original home ground, in 1969 and has counted points for every sharks home game ever. A true icon of the game. Sure put an electronic one at the other end, but leave the old battler.

Too bloody right. That old scoreboard is iconic. Like the SCG scoreboard.

Aries said:
It's only the dead wood and BS rules

Won't argue with that.

like I said, maybe there should be a "politics" thread in FF, cause I dont want to hi-jack another thread into a political ramble...

A few more political posts in here and that wish will come true.

Frenzy. said:
Can you do the same in threads that get hijacked by horseracing bullsh*t as well :)

Sure. But that means I'll have to actually read them. Horse racing is the 3rd most boring sport in the world.

2nd. Harness racing
1st. Dog racing

If people want to watch a bunch of dumb animals run around in circles, then they should be watching AFL.

Aries

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Can you do the same in threads that get hijacked by horseracing bullsh*t as well :)

Hores racing isn't going to start "World War 3"... well, unless someone (of middle eastern appearence) kills the USA's top Horse, like Pharlap...

Politics will. Religion will be the Catylist, but politics will play it's part...

And I swear, the first person that mentions religion again in this thread, "I will CHOP their f**king heads off!"

Go to the the politics v religion thread, or what ever it was... I never even looked at it!

Aries

Bench
Bastard_Squad said:
Sure. But that means I'll have to actually read them. Horse racing is the 3rd most boring sport in the world.

2nd. Harness racing
1st. Dog racing

If people want to watch a bunch of dumb animals run around in circles, then they should be watching AFL.

Never watched "Curling" hey?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Bastard_Squad said:

2nd. Harness racing
1st. Dog racing

Fully agree.

One exception.
Spring carnival. It is one hell of a week long party I cannot wait for again.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Aries said:
Hores racing isn't going to start "World War 3"... well, unless someone (of middle eastern appearence) kills the USA's top Horse, like Pharlap...

Politics will. Religion will be the Catylist, but politics will play it's part...

And I swear, the first person that mentions religion again in this thread, "I will CHOP their f**king heads off!"

Go to the the politics v religion thread, or what ever it was... I never even looked at it!

Let me see.... that's 3 religions......

Excuse me why I go sharpen my axe. Get ready son.