What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costello to give $9.6m for Toyota Park

Aries

Bench
Chondricthyes said:
Let me see.... that's 3 religions......

Excuse me why I go sharpen my axe. Get ready son.

it was a warn off...

I'll grab My Bows , Sword and Axe ..and await your challenge..:p

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Aries said:
it was a warn off...

I'll grab My Bows , Sword and Axe ..and await your challenge..:p

:lol:

I"m a bit short on bows and swords and wwwaaaayyyy to p!ssed to be swinging an axe ... so we"ll call it called.:lol:

Aries

Bench
So, are you Ready...

Sorry I took so long, I had to go make my "bows" one... My adopted daugter is standing in with the sword, or you can take the dood on in my sig, and the AXE is all mine ;-)

mv3
sg3

Viking2

Well I for one dont really understand this. Why would our little football club get $9.6 million for our 12 games a year? Even in the context of Government budgets, $9.6 million is an ENORMOUS amount of money. Costello talks about it being for the community - schoolkids games dont need an upgraded stadium to fit 200 people into the ground.

I think the answer lies in that Governments of all political persuasions with a big majority will spend all their money in stitching up the areas they already have and throw the rest at marginal seats. If you look at where state Labor are spending all of their money, the slant towards current Labor seats is just overwhelming. The more marginal a seat is, the more money gets thrown at it. eg. Monaro and Murray Darling. The results of this strategy are two-fold: sitting Government members can claim the credit for lobbying for the money (in this case Costello credited Bruce Baird); and underfunding of capital works in seats that the Government doesnt hold means that sitting Opposition members can't take credit for pressuring the Government into spending in their areas.

The part I dont quite understand is that we are so far out from an election that the announcement is a little unnecessary politically. But perhaps the timing of the opening of the grandstand will coincide nicely with the next election. It also might be about Costello boosting his profile and standing in Sydney, particularly after he was criticised by not using the Sharks as a platform for doing so earlier.

I thought the fact State and Federal Governments throwing enormous amounts of money at St George, Wests, Parramatta, Newcastle and Penrith etc was completely ridiculous and going against what Government should stand for. But now I'm all for it! What a great day for the Sharks.

Remember - it's only a rort if you're not in on it!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Back to Lebanon?

Good news for the Sharks, I bet that sort of " Throwing money in the air with a skippety skip " will upset a few people as well.

I like it. ;-)

taipan

Referee
Our team may be well playing ordinary ATM(so did Parra up til yesterday),but we own our ground,have a development approval worth $15m to the club,and now $9.6m to improve the facilities(extending the ET stand) and a new southern stand(goodbye southerlies).
For anyone to complain or show envy,one word ENJOY.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Great 9.6 million for new turnstiles and disability access.

We need a multi level grandstand which joins with each current grandstand. It should protrude over the oval and be very steep such as the Suncorp Stadium stands. Would love to see double level for supporters, one level of corporate and media boxes, restaurant and bar and the top level as motel rooms with balcony views over the oval and glass views over the golf course. Would need huge private backing but the motel built into the stand would be far more popular than a motel built on our carpark with no views at all. Would have direct access into the club making Toyota Park one of the best grounds around and would ideally block that southerly wind if built correctly. Would need a great deal of thought and planning but I'd rather see the money invested until this could be a reality. We don't want to build a stand like the one before the ET stand, keep it 10 years then pull it down like what happened last time.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Mr. Shark said:
Hey Aries - Where should I go? I'm a long-term season-ticket holding "shark" of Lebanese descent.

Aries comes from a place called the scum shire. They think all bulldogs supporters are Lebanese. Thats the kind of stupidity that makes the shire so hated. Now I understand why St George supporters hate them so much.

Aries

Bench
Ferocious Dogs said:
Aries comes from a place called the scum shire. They think all bulldogs supporters are Lebanese. Thats the kind of stupidity that makes the shire so hated. Now I understand why St George supporters hate them so much.

Most of them are lebanese also, the metal geniuss like you anyway!!

My daughter lived in Rockdale for 2 years, and I couldn't sleep at night, due to the idiotic views of a certain religion and ethnic background ppl... Thank f**k she now lives in the Shire!!

And I'm in Newcastle, Ball Licker!

Btw, are you of middle eastern decent?

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Aries said:
Most of them are lebanese also, the metal geniuss like you anyway!!

My daughter lived in Rockdale for 2 years, and I couldn't sleep at night, due to the idiotic views of a certain religion and ethnic background ppl... Thank f**k she now lives in the Shire!!

And I'm in Newcastle, Ball Licker!

Btw, are you of middle eastern decent?

Actually im not. But your shire scum and always will be, regardless where you live. Racism is a disease that will eat you from the inside out. Seems you dont like Lebanese people, or am i wrong???????

Aries

Bench
Mr. Shark said:
Hey Aries - Where should I go? I'm a long-term season-ticket holding "shark" of Lebanese descent.

Was I talking to you?

NO. I was talking to a Ball licking idiot from Bankstown :p

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Mr Shark its very obvious he hates you because you are Lebanese. Im not from Bankstown though Aries anal puncher. Another generalisation for a shire scum moron imbred. Are your dad and Mum closely related?????????

Aries

Bench
Ferocious Dogs said:
Actually im not. But your shire scum and always will be, regardless where you live. Racism is a disease that will eat you from the inside out. Seems you dont like Lebanese people, or am i wrong???????

I don't. Certain morons views from that extraction do, however!

I don't have a Racist bone in my body, just views on others that DO!

I'm half Italian, you idiot... now take your REAMED arse outa here...

Aries

Bench
Ferocious Dogs said:
Mr Shark its very obvious he hates you because you are Lebanese. Im not from Bankstown though Aries anal puncher. Another generalisation for a shire scum moron imbred. Are your dad and Mum closely related?????????

Ive track your ISP, found your address and it's...

OFF WITH YOUR BLOODY HEAD!

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Aries said:
I don't. Certain morons views from that extraction do, however!

I don't have a Racist bone in my body, just views on others that DO!

I'm half Italian, you idiot... now take your REAMED arse outa here...

Your backround is of no importance pillow biter. A redneck is a redneck. Identity crisis perhaps???????

Aries

Bench
Ferocious Dogs said:
Your backround is of no importance pillow biter. A redneck is a redneck. Identity crisis perhaps???????

Told you I had your address. And here you are... looking for your brains...
C_Anderson2