What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costigan GOOOOOORRRNE!!!

Skinner

Coach
What was it she called Lance Hohaia? The Huntly Hunter?!? WTF? :shock:

Oh, I dunno. There are worse League sites than this......

The issue is, the worst site (nudge, nudge, wink, wink LOL) runs like bloody clockwork day in, day out.......doesn't quite have the membership of LU though :cool:

playdaball

Bench
And what about the seasons prior to that when he played bloody good footy. One season does not make or break a player, particularly a 23 year old player.:roll:

Thanks Skinner at last somebody with a balanced view about Inu.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I am more then willing to give Inu a good chance at the start of the season to secure his spot, but you know if has a poor game in the first 1 0r 2 games that Warriors fans will rip him to shreads and Parra fans will be in here saying 'we told you so'

Sam_the_man

First Grade
And what about the seasons prior to that when he played bloody good footy. One season does not make or break a player, particularly a 23 year old player.:roll:

You don't have time in the NRL to baby a player back into form for a season. This guy has been out of form longer than an entire season. He is a bad buy for the club and his lazy attitude could have a bad influence on the younger players at the Warriors.

nibbs

Bench
Sounds like Costo is blowing up deluxe. Sucker...

Good riddance. I cannot believe some members of this forum are angry at Sky over his dumping. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Sounds like Costo is blowing up deluxe. Sucker...

Good riddance. I cannot believe some members of this forum are angry at Sky over his dumping. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

I agree good riddance given the constant headache he gave me...but if I count as one of the ones angry because he was dumped, I shouldn't. All I said was he was treated poorly in his dismissal - wouldn't you agree?

Would you like to read in a newspaper, whilst probably on holiday, that you lost your job, then hear a fair while later from your employer that the bad news is true?

Micistm

Bench
There was a bit of chatter it seemed. We probably heard more than we normally would because of the relatively low quality of the telecast. At one point, you could heard some kids chattering, obviously oblivious to the sensitivity of the moment and some gruff Coaster holler 'oi, you kids shut up eh'

Hmm...not the best look but possibly forgivable as the A/V quality was a hatchet job...but I would've preferred if they'd just shut up for a couple of minutes, even talking in the b/g thinking they were off air(ish) is not a good look.

Micistm

Bench
I agree good riddance given the constant headache he gave me...but if I count as one of the ones angry because he was dumped, I shouldn't. All I said was he was treated poorly in his dismissal - wouldn't you agree?

Would you like to read in a newspaper, whilst probably on holiday, that you lost your job, then hear a fair while later from your employer that the bad news is true?

Completely agree, as a commentator I am happy he's gone, but the way Sky did it is sh*tty and pretty typical. I wouldn't be overly confident taking over...what if the same happened to you?
It is also kind of ironic, the way sky did it. From what I've heard, Sky had received tons of complaints about costo, and bore the brunt for ages. Now they suddenly pull the plug. You have to wonder-did they suddenly 'see the light', or were they waiting for the chance to ditch him without some employment court mess or payout?
It doesn't make a lot of sense, and it's harsh treatment of a member of your staff.
He deserved a better way out really. Would it have hurt them to quietly tell him he wasn't being kept on, and give him the option to leave on his own accord? In any case he deserved to be told first in private.:?