What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Costigan GOOOOOORRRNE!!!

Micistm

Bench
Dont agree with him Sam, he's a 1 eyed Cantab who hates anything/body north of Picton.

If met people of his ilk before you know....

Cantab Oz?! Don't be dirty! You still consider yourself a Coaster mate, don'tcha?;-)

Micistm

Bench
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4597707/Jason-Costigan-hits-out-after-SKY-axing

Sounds like Sky handled it pretty badly. I think they made the right decision but Costo didn't deserve to have this hanging over him for so long. Poor form Sky. :thumbd:

Totally agree there, regardless of whether you're pro or anti costo, that's pretty sh*tty treatment. But after the battle I had with 'em (yea I hold a grudge!) it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It gives me no pleasure giving them cash each month, and do so begrudgingly:x

Iafeta

Referee
Whats the weather looking like for GreyVegas for tomorrow?

If there is absolutely ONE non Grand Final game I'd love to be at, it's this one tomorrow. I'm so so over the moon to see the Warriors in Greymouth, and what a great cause. I know how much it means already to a lot of my friends down there. They've taken their kids along to meet the team and these sorts of things, and I also know the club has taken a special pilgrimage to the miners memorial up at Brunner Mine. I hope it lets the club know how special rugby league is to the rest of NZ outside of Auckland. They'll be made to feel like royalty on the West Coast.

Its times like these I do miss home, and I do miss Greymouth.

Micistm

Bench
Bloody awesome is what it is, family I've been speaking to have been pumped for this for ages, and it's great for the place, it so needs it. At first, I was thinking I hope not too many 'gatecrashes' go and hog it...but then, I changed my mind. It's exactly what it needs. A party atmosphere, some guest to go and spend some money there for the local economy, and a great weekend to just give the poor place a real pick me up.
I've heard the weather supposed to be a bit crap (what else, mother natures been a complete bitch to everyone lately) but I hope it's wrong. If not it won't ruin the occasion, it's too big a deal for the place. The game is followed by some signing sessions, a meet n greet in the Aussie hotel from 10pm, and a mingle Sunday morning at the towns waitangi day picnic.
I'd so love the weather to behave for this. And well done Warriors- this is the kind of thing that makes the team feel like it supports all of us like we do them;-)

ozbash

Referee
I've heard the weather supposed to be a bit crap (what else, mother natures been a complete bitch to everyone lately) but I hope it's wrong.

As it should be. Show them the 'real' coast, warts and all.

Today
drizzle_wht.gif

Max 22°C
MIN 16°C
Drizzle, rain by evening. Northwesterlies

ozbash

Referee
well, was I right or not ?

at least Costo wouldnt have called it the 'Gold Coast' and Wingham Park wouldnt have been Wiggan or Wingit Park !!

and would someone tell that bitch to STFU !!

LeagueNut

First Grade
McIvor was 1,000,000 times better than Costo would have been.

McIvor blended nicely into the background, whereas Costo would have been there with his bloody annoying twang telling everyone the life stories of the Newcastle reserve graders.

But :lol: at Lavina calling Lance the "Huntly Hunter". She doesn't seem to have much of a clue.

Meth

Staff member
McIvor was considerably less annoying than Costigan, but not a quality commentator's arsehole. I'm not excited about having McIvor and Halligan commentating at all

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
McIvor was OK - what he did do was 'let the game breathe', that was good.
McIvor and Dale Husband would be a good combo.
Though Lavina and Halligan should go.
Halligan is worst than Costo!

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Oh what a relief to not have to hear Costo spewing forth the life story of some numpty that played one reserve grade game for the Knights in 1989.
McIvor was good today, certainly better than Costo.

Husband to call first grade games before the seasons done...believe it.

Get your text fingers ready guys for the first 40/20 of the year.:D

Fast Eddie

First Grade
That chick on the sideline is going to be very average. Seems like Sky are just giving her a crack to seem all new age or something. I really doubt she knows much about League considering I've seen her doing Netball, Motorsport and other sports int he past so it obviously just a rent-a-sports broadcaster.

mean

Juniors
That chick on the sideline is going to be very average. Seems like Sky are just giving her a crack to seem all new age or something. I really doubt she knows much about League considering I've seen her doing Netball, Motorsport and other sports int he past so it obviously just a rent-a-sports broadcaster.

Yep, she made me cringe whilst she was on 40/20 and now my young fella unfortunately is gonna hear profanity every time she opens her mouth.

Maybe Sky TV has adopted the legacy of TVNZ whereby female reporters obtain their position by fulfilling one or two other positions.

The difference between Dale, McIvor and Halligan is that Dale was brought up around league, whereas both the latter were raised in rugby dominated provinces. However, McIvor didn't play rugby, hockey was his game. Putaruru High School First XI captain 1981.

But hey, I can tolerate him over Costigan.

Latest posts