What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could we still end up with inglis???

countryeel

Juniors
I hope he never every comes to the eels,would rather see a young bloke who realy wants to play for club,and give his all on the field than have that waste inglis at the club.

boxhead

First Grade
This may be a good sign for us if the Souths deal falls through (provded it is true of course):

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...glis-eyes-sydney/story-e6frexnr-1225975144877

AFL a long shot as Greg Inglis eyes Sydney

144839-greg-inglis.jpg

Looking for real estate ... Greg Inglis (left) at training with the Rabbitohs. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

146894-greg-inglis.jpg

Superstar ... Greg Inglis. Source: The Daily Telegraph

AS ESSENDON publicly declared their interest in NRL superstar Greg Inglis yesterday, rugby league and South Sydney supporters can be buoyed by the news the Test star has been looking at real estate in Sydney.

A source close to one of the third-party deals that the NRL skittled confirmed Inglis has been active in the real estate market and remains focused on a future at Redfern.

His furniture will this weekend be transported to Sydney from Melbourne.

However, Inglis's manager Allan Gainey said his future was still too uncertain to be going ahead with any purchase of property and that he was more likely to rent in the short-term.

Bombers coach James Hird said he had yet to meet with Inglis but that he was "an awesome athlete".

"Greg has got to make a decision on what he wants to do with his football career, what code he wants to play and then a club like Essendon can come into the picture if he's interested in playing AFL," Hird said.

However, The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Inglis was in Melbourne yesterday sorting out personal affairs, flew back to Sydney last night and will spend Christmas on the Sunshine Coast with his new wife Sally Robinson's family.

Hird rejected the suggestion that recruiting Inglis would be a promotional exercise. "Unless he can help us on the footy field, we're not interested," he said. "Our list won't be seen as a novelty no matter what we do."Hird said it was too early to say what Inglis could bring to the AFL and added that the rugby league star would need an extended period to adjust to the unique skills of the game.

parra pete

Referee

Eels Dude

Coach
There hasn't been any talk of Inglis coming to the Eels at all. If the Souths deal falls through, which I don't think it will, we probably won't even make a play at him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
There hasn't been any talk of Inglis coming to the Eels at all. If the Souths deal falls through, which I don't think it will, we probably won't even make a play at him.

there was some interest, it lasted with one phone call to Alan Gainey who basically said that regardless of what happens he won't be playing for any other sydney club, it ended there.

Boxhead can dream all he wants, prior to T and Guru leaving there wasn't going to be any mpre signings at all than we had to convince Hicks and fats to come out of retirement for one more year on 2nd tier deals..

poor old boxy will be very bored up until our first trial on the 13th of February.

Jodeci

Bench
there was some interest, it lasted with one phone call to Alan Gainey who basically said that regardless of what happens he won't be playing for any other sydney club, it ended there.

Boxhead can dream all he wants, prior to T and Guru leaving there wasn't going to be any mpre signings at all than we had to convince Hicks and fats to come out of retirement for one more year on 2nd tier deals..

poor old boxy will be very bored up until our first trial on the 13th of February.

It's very simple.

His two former assistant coaches are now with us.

They would of enticed him by now if he was any chance.

boxhead

First Grade

I don't really care whether we sign anyone to be honest, I always gave us 1% chance of signing Inglis anyway.

Thankfully we've got the EPL to keep us occupied until the trials :)

84 Baby

Referee
This is where I'm confused. If Hicks and Whatuira are in 2nd tier, who the hell is in our top 25? I can only get to 21 and I'm not sure on 4 of those

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ingliss has been quoted on Foxsports as saying the trip to Essendon was not a publicity stunt.

Does he think that everyone is that gullible ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
This is where I'm confused. If Hicks and Whatuira are in 2nd tier, who the hell is in our top 25? I can only get to 21 and I'm not sure on 4 of those

well i guess we'll be running with a 21 man squad with 22-25 to be used up with players on incentive deals if that maskes sense.

I don't think it's that vital to fill those spaces.

Eels Dude

Coach
well i guess we'll be running with a 21 man squad with 22-25 to be used up with players on incentive deals if that maskes sense.

I don't think it's that vital to fill those spaces.

Well it's not a second tier contract then, as the top 25 have to recieve a minimum base salary of 55k, with incentives possibly on top of that. A second tier contract is the next rung down.

I'd say our top 25 would be

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Reddy
4. Atkins
5. Humble
6. Mortimor
7. Robson
8. Fuifui
9. Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Shacks
14. Mitchell
15. Horo
16. Mannah
17. Webb
18. Lasalo
19. Macguire
20. Maitua
21. Murray
22. Hicks (don't recall any mention of his deal being second tier)
23. -
24. -
25. -

They'll have to do some promoting from somewhere, whether it be Walker or a couple of younger players.

84 Baby

Referee
Well it's not a second tier contract then, as the top 25 have to recieve a minimum base salary of 55k, with incentives possibly on top of that. A second tier contract is the next rung down.

I'd say our top 25 would be

1. Hayne tick
2. Burt tick
3. Reddy tick
4. Atkins thought I read he was 2nd tier
5. Humble tick
6. Mortimor tick
7. Robson tick
8. Fuifui tick
9. Keating tick
10. Poore tick
11. Hindmarsh tick
12. Smith tick
13. Shacks tick
14. Mitchell tick
15. Horo tick
16. Mannah tick
17. Webb tick
18. Lasalo tick
19. Macguire tick
20. Maitua I assume the way his will work is someone else on min pay will take his top 25 spot until he officially joins team where he will take spot back - assuming he is getting over min pay
21. Murray tick
22. Hicks (don't recall any mention of his deal being second tier) me neither
23. -
24. -
25. -

They'll have to do some promoting from somewhere, whether it be Walker or a couple of younger players.
Not sure about Filiga, Pele, Manuokafoa or Allgood

Latest posts