What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could we still end up with inglis???

Stagger eel

Staff member
well, i did hear Whatuera was on a second tier deal and i thought I heard somwhere that Hicks was but i may be wrong but walker is definitely in the top 25 and more than likely on the bare minimum.

you can also add Amosa, Morgan, Billy rogers and Brien to that second tier squad, although billy Rogers could be part of the top 25 as he was in Melbourne i believe.

Eels Dude

Coach
It is but I think we would have to extend the length of the contract. Frankly I dont see why we don't do it if there wont be any more signings.

Only a couple of contracts we can extend really. Mannah is really the only big name off contract for us next year, Reddy the only other consistent first grader, but I don't think he'd be worth upgrading to keep him.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Only a couple of contracts we can extend really. Mannah is really the only big name off contract for us next year, Reddy the only other consistent first grader, but I don't think he'd be worth upgrading to keep him.

Still, why not extend Jarryd Hayne's contract? Front load him for 2011 and add a couple more years to it. Mannah and Horo too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I keep hearing that you can no longer frontload contracts and yet I've also heard that is what we intend to do..

so who's right?

boxhead

First Grade
So from what other members are posting, it sounds like we can front-load contracts but only if we extend them?

In that case, contracts for players such as Tim Mannah and Joel Reddy (who are off-contract next year) could theoretically be extended and front-loaded at the same time. Is that right?

If that is what the club wants to do then I guess that is a good thing :)

Eels Dude

Coach
Still, why not extend Jarryd Hayne's contract? Front load him for 2011 and add a couple more years to it. Mannah and Horo too.

Because Hayne's already contracted to 2014 and probably isn't thinking about extending his current contract. Same with Horo as he just signed a 3 year deal. Be a bit silly for the club to extend the contract even further for a rookie like Horo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Because Hayne's already contracted to 2014 and probably isn't thinking about extending his current contract. Same with Horo as he just signed a 3 year deal. Be a bit silly for the club to extend the contract even further for a rookie like Horo.

i think they should focus on Loko, O'Hanlon and maybe Gagan because they will be potential targets for other clubs next season.

Tony Bongo

Bench

Mannah would have to be the first one we would consider extending.

caylo

Bench
if you look at the storms team, they have no name forwards and very little out wide plus they will likely loss cronk after next year. imo they will struggle through the forwards next year and most likely miss the 8

Latest posts