What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys 3 2 1

It’s generally been quiet here but I’d thought I’d revive the 321 thread.

Robbo’s Melbourne Cup run seems to be coming to fruition. Kudos to @Valheru who never lost faith.

Nothing more pleasing to me than to see Jared in this form which reminds me a lot of 2015 before his season-ending injury. Although his inclusion still worries me, the bromance going on between he and Lodge has transformed both their games. Radley is back to his best and his try-assists early on were immense and defence back to his ruthless best. Keary kicking well again and getting back to his best. Typical busy games from Manu, 2X Sammies, Teddy and Toops appears to have his hands back. Good al around performance where we were always in control. Suallii continues to wow. Only question’s on Momo for mine. Despite the game day whinge, Klown dismissed two tries that could’ve just as easily have been awarded and missed some glaring infringements that effected us.

At 34, Jared will need a rest which I assume will be against the Tigers provided Collins is back. Teddy will probably take a break as well before taking on Storm and Scum with the best team we can field sans Sitilli.

I like having a tough draw to finish the season. It comes with its risks but if we make it through to the other side without injury, we’ll be battle-hardened for a good show in the semis.

Lastly, even with new stadium sure to pull crowds, going forwards we should be scheduling low drawing teams such as Cows and Titans at 3pm on a Sat’dee arvo. Happy with the 15k turn out yesterday.

3. JWH
2. Rads
1. Keary

Valheru

Coach
Thanks for the thread @Babyface O'reilly. I really should have kept the effort up but I have been travelling relentlessly for work this year since covid has settled so got a bit lazy.

Agree with your synopsis and will post some extended thoughts later. One thing I will say is I cannot wait to open the stadium against souths, the joint will be pumping. I will also get to go to the tigers game next week which I'm looking forward to.

3 JWH
2 Rads
1 sualli

Valheru

Coach
It’s generally been quiet here but I’d thought I’d revive the 321 thread.

Robbo’s Melbourne Cup run seems to be coming to fruition. Kudos to @Valheru who never lost faith.

Nothing more pleasing to me than to see Jared in this form which reminds me a lot of 2015 before his season-ending injury. Although his inclusion still worries me, the bromance going on between he and Lodge has transformed both their games. Radley is back to his best and his try-assists early on were immense and defence back to his ruthless best. Keary kicking well again and getting back to his best. Typical busy games from Manu, 2X Sammies, Teddy and Toops appears to have his hands back. Good al around performance where we were always in control. Suallii continues to wow. Only question’s on Momo for mine. Despite the game day whinge, Klown dismissed two tries that could’ve just as easily have been awarded and missed some glaring infringements that effected us.

At 34, Jared will need a rest which I assume will be against the Tigers provided Collins is back. Teddy will probably take a break as well before taking on Storm and Scum with the best team we can field sans Sitilli.

I like having a tough draw to finish the season. It comes with its risks but if we make it through to the other side without injury, we’ll be battle-hardened for a good show in the semis.

Lastly, even with new stadium sure to pull crowds, going forwards we should be scheduling low drawing teams such as Cows and Titans at 3pm on a Sat’dee arvo. Happy with the 15k turn out yesterday.

3. JWH
2. Rads
1. Keary

I think we are in a very nice position and along with souths have a legit chance to go very deep in this finals series from outside the top 4. There is nothing at all that I fear from the sharks, cowboys or even the storm in a week 2 match up. As you say, we still have work to even get there though and need to maintain the intensity in the final 3 games. It's unfortunate we dropped points against both knights and dogs early in the season and we would be right in the top 4 battle if we win those games.

On yesterdays game I thought it was a dominant showing for 65 minutes against a top 2 side, just need to get that up to 80 minutes. We absolutely bullied them in the middle and took our chances when they came. Cowboys are 2nd for a reason so hung in there and closed the gap somewhat but we never looked uncomfortable. The challenge this week will be to perform to a similar level against a team at the bottom of the table which we have struggled with at times this year.

On the season overall, I always had faith that this was somewhat similar to 2018 (not saying the result will be the same) with all the recent injuries and retirements the last couple of years as well as a mini refresh of our forward pack and halves. I saw more than enough in the 4 games we lost in a row against raiders, storm, eels and panthers to know that we had something to offer the back end of the season. We played some excellent footy in that stretch without the results going our way, particularly against the panthers.

Teddy looks in the form of his life without having to do everything himself like last year. We have finally worked out how to get Manu more involved in attack and the halves look much better in their natural positions with walker progressing every week. It is hard to put in to words how good sualli has been this year, he has a hell of a career ahead of him. Jared and Lodge seem to love playing with each other and verrils has found his feet as well. Angus and particularly rads are back to their best. I do want to rap Nat Butcher, I think he has been rock solid since sitilli got injured.

All in all we are in a good place, just have to keep going and anything can happen in finals. Looking for a professional performance next week.

H.H

Juniors
Welcome back 3 2 1 , I have missed you.

The forwards were unbelievable on Saturday. Depth is a little thin at the moment outsidethat starting 6, but once Collins and Siua return I reckon we're looking real good. Only Souffs and Penrith really concern me - reckon we can manage the rest.

3 - JWH
2 - Lodge
1 - Radley

How I've left out the likes of Suaali, Verrills etc I'll never know but there were that many top contributors it's impossible to include them all. On Lodge, I was filthy when we signed him and part of me still is given his history, but you can't deny his impact - it's been immense. Tough to cheer for him but he's done a great job.

Absolutely have to take it to the Tigers on Saturday and then really rip in for Storm and Souffs. Can't wait.

Latest posts