What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys/Eels (Spoilers)

Parki

Bench
explain to me how you can have a marker on the goal line?

you can have 13 if you want, not very productive though

not really the point, the point is that he clearly impeded bowen from making the tackle

if hed stood there instead of shoving him, parra might have 2 competition points

they dont, he stuffed up... no try fair call IMO

im not a cowboys fan or an eels fan, so i dont really care, i just find it amusing that they are blowing up over this when a pass in the first half that lead to a try was called back for being forward.... eels were still pretty rubbish though

Kid

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
thought so :thumb
Thumbs up alright.....if he gives it to the front rower on the last when they play the Tiges i'll be cheering ...happy days:D

OVP

Coach
/start bait

It's always a wonderful occasion after a Parramatta loss. Well done NQ ... too good for the pretenders ...

/end bait

Kid

Juniors
eelsta said:
open your eyes kid he's puting in more for his team than your halfback
Of greater concern for the Eels i think is the form, or not so much form but poor decisions still being made by Tim Smith. I believe he will be a great in the game, and i did think he would really go to another level this year, which i'm still not convinced won't happen. I was though very concerned at his....well his lack of thought in to trying to achieve a repeat set.

Where there do i doubt his effort??? Did you even have a read before you replied?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Kid said:
Of greater concern for the Eels i think is the form, or not so much form but poor decisions still being made by Tim Smith. I believe he will be a great in the game, and i did think he would really go to another level this year, which i'm still not convinced won't happen. I was though very concerned at his....well his lack of thought in to trying to achieve a repeat set.

Where there do i doubt his effort??? Did you even have a read before you replied?

so he made what 1 poor decision by you?? and his lack of trying to achieve a repeat set.. hmmmm maybe i dunno it was the game plan to try to score of the 5th?? have you seen him play more then this 1 game?? lets see the warriors game where he kicked into there ingoal alot and got repeat sets...

effnic

Bench
Awsome game im always happy after a parra loss. 2nd half chicken bone stuck in throat.

Kid

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
have you seen him play more then this 1 game?? lets see the warriors game where he kicked into there ingoal alot and got repeat sets...
Of course i have seen him play more than 1 game. FFS you people are touchy. A bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and you all go ape. As i have said a couple of times now....i believe he will be a *great* in the game. He made poor decisions tonight in regards to not getting repeat sets. It's a simple game built around pressure. When you guys had the Cows under the pump...they easily turned it around on you, due to your lack of ability to really apply it. Repeat sets when in that position would have probably/possibly sapped them of more energy and given your side more chance to put points on. Unfortunately tonight, Smith was unable to do that. I can not put it any more simply. Yes you had other players that played worse than Tim. I never said he was your worst, merely that he failed in an important part of his game. You bring up the Warriors game where he apparently did get repeat sets...i must confess not being a Parra fan and all...i didn't watch it...but if he did do that...than look at the end result.Obviously it worked.

Geez if you didn't know better people would think i unloaded on Parra, put it in perspective.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Kid said:
Of course i have seen him play more than 1 game. FFS you people are touchy. A bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and you all go ape. As i have said a couple of times now....i believe he will be a *great* in the game. He made poor decisions tonight in regards to not getting repeat sets. It's a simple game built around pressure. When you guys had the Cows under the pump...they easily turned it around on you, due to your lack of ability to really apply it. Repeat sets when in that position would have probably/possibly sapped them of more energy and given your side more chance to put points on. Unfortunately tonight, Smith was unable to do that. I can not put it any more simply. Yes you had other players that played worse than Tim. I never said he was your worst, merely that he failed in an important part of his game. You bring up the Warriors game where he apparently did get repeat sets...i must confess not being a Parra fan and all...i didn't watch it...but if he did do that...than look at the end result.Obviously it worked.

Geez if you didn't know better people would think i unloaded on Parra, put it in perspective.

all that bs.. all i said basically maybe it was game plan from smithy... because his short kicking game is great near their line....

Mr Saab

Referee
Great effort by hindmarsh with 59 tackles, but, that is a complete waste of a fine attacking player. Parra dont need Hindmarsh to be a Gary Larson/Billy Moore.

Kid

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
all that bs.. all i said basically maybe it was game plan from smithy... because his short kicking game is great near their line....
I'm finished discussing it. if your happy with what you saw tonight...good luck to you.

Glen

Bench
Smith has an excellent short kicking game and I think he's usually very good in forcing dropouts. He didn't force any dropouts in the second half but we really didn't have a lot of opportunities close to their line.

Passing to Stringer on the 5th was a bizzare play though...

Stranger

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Hate to blame referees, but Smith's pass ws fine, and Ridells try was fine as well. Still, when things go against you, you have to tough it out. Hindy and Cayless aside, Parra are as tough as souffle. IN a tight game, Greg Norman would beat us :(

Smiths pass was about 2m forward.
Ridell did nothing wrong, however Bowen didnt have a good shot at him. Fair call.

God christ Stringer played ordinary in the 2nd... terrible to be exact...

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Well at least I can say that the video ref was consistent. That's happened to Manly a few times in the last 2 years. A disallowed try was the result every time.

I thought Robinson should have been dismissed for that swinging arm. It was a very cheap, nasty shot.

Azkatro

First Grade
I was at the game and Stringer was a real Jekyll and Hyde. In the first half he was absolutely killing the Cowboys with his offloads and gains.

LESStar58

Referee
McKinnon may as well have been in a yawn yawn ruck the way he grabbed Bowen and helped Riddell over the line....Bowen would not have stopped Riddell anyways. If anything, blame McKinnon...

Besides that, was good to see Paraamatta choke...again.

Latest posts