What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Maps was a highly regarded junior when we signed him from the Manly system- paid him on potential to get him to the club.
Very similar to us signing Beau Henry and Likiliki who were stars in the U20s comp back in 2010 or so.

I think perspective is important- Bulldogs were wooden spooners in 2021. They've made great progress with a pro steering the ship. 3 x Premiers Panthers were almost insolvent in 2011.
The Bulldogs came 6th, massively over achieved and got bounced out first week

Sure it's progress but it's easily comparable with what us or the Cowboys have done recently off a run of good form. The real measure is sustained success which they haven't achieved yet

Woody90

Juniors
I'd be going for Atkinson over Hynes if we are looking at pilfering the Sharks halves

Cheaper and objectively a better player right now based on Sharks form in 2024

Trindall would be my pick of them. Saying that though I don’t think any of the Sharks current halves would help us win a comp. Definitely would be an improvement on what we have though.

So do you want Gardner to be responsible or not responsible for the results of the club?
I clearly stated that in my first post - retire

you still haven’t answered my question of what changes exactly for Parr if Gardner retires tomorrow?
run the football business without interference and micro managing of Gardner ( this has been reported ad nauseam - the staff turn over during Gardner tenure is alarming)

With respect to the bulldogs, they’ve had one good season where they crashed out first week of the finals, how’s that any different to us in 2020 where we finished 7th after being wooden spooners in 2017? Making the top 8 isn’t that hard as we have shown, there’s a big difference between that and having sustained success like the storm, panthers and roosters have.
On the topic of the bulldogs it’s very hard to compare them to us, it’s a completely different structure, for Wests the knights are part of the business where commercial and financial KPIs exist, the Bulldogs survive solely because they have a very successful leagues club that literally gives them $8-10 million every year, Gus essentially has the same job as Peter Parr (general manager of football) but doesn’t have any financial checks and balances that any sustainable business would otherwise have.
Mind you Gus still answers to Adam Driussi who’s the chairman the same as Parr answers to Gardner.
Ok Phil , so we cannot compare the Knights to others. The Knights are a special case. What is an acceptable time frame to a Premiership in your opinion ? 10 years from now ? we've finally achieved mediocrity when do you see a Premiership? or not even a Premiership - when do you see being better than average is achievable ?

Latest posts