What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys Match Thread / Post Match Thread

Frederick

Staff member
For the last time moron, MY OPINION IS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED HELD AND THEREFORE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED AS A DOUBLE MOVEMENT..

It is really not that hard to get is it???:crazy:
Well then all your opinion shows is that you know f**k all about the game. There was still momentum in the tackle. Gidley was well within his rights to reach out and score.

otori

Juniors
For the last time moron, MY OPINION IS THAT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED HELD AND THEREFORE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED AS A DOUBLE MOVEMENT..

Will you go away already? No-one on this board is interested in your trolling. We weren't even playing Parra so jeez go back to your own board.

NthKnight

Doesn't matter who is in the 8 in rd 14 Bicey...Only matters in rd 26...

You people sh*t me....No one can make a negative comment about your precious knights....Get over yourselves..

Oh and for the fool who doesn't know the rules...Here is the excerpt...Second movement
after tackle
When an attacking player is tackled
within easy reach of the goal line he
should be penalised if he makes a
second movement to place the ball over
the line for a try...

Therefore if he is held and puts the ball down it is a double movement...NUFFY:crazy:

He wasnt held as he still had forward momentum. A tackle is only effected if the player ceases forward movement and/or the ref calls "held". Neither happened so he was free to plant the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

General Knight

Juniors

And my opinion is that your opinion is wrong. No to your opinion of being held, no to your opinion of being called a double movement.

lol can't believe I had to put that in A B C format for you. :crazy:

But keep making yourself looking like a fool.

Tank30

Juniors
Well then all your opinion shows is that you know f**k all about the game. There was still momentum in the tackle. Gidley was well within his rights to reach out and score.

Actually when you watch the "try" again, you will see that at a couple of different times Gidley's forward movement is stopped...Therefore he is held...

Momentum is not taken into consideration when deciding when a player is held...

I know who knows f**k all about the game champ....

Tank30

Juniors
He wasnt held as he still had forward momentum f**k stick. A tackle is only effected if the player ceases forward movement and/or the ref calls "held". Neither happened so he was free to plant the ball.

I will repeat myself for those who's parents are related.....

Actually when you watch the "try" again, you will see that at a couple of different times Gidley's forward movement is stopped...Therefore he is held...

otori

Juniors

Well here's an idea! GTFO of our forums and write a letter to Finch. Seriously mate you're just being a wanker.

he wasnt effectively held as players rolled off him and around him...once they never had hold of him he found a space and saw the line....now it generaly called playing to the whistle.He didnt hear it..planted the ball down so therefore try...under 5s are taught to play until you hear the refs call

Tank30

Juniors
he wasnt effectively held as players rolled off him and around him...once they never had hold of him he found a space and saw the line....now it generaly called playing to the whistle.He didnt hear it..planted the ball down so therefore try...under 5s are taught to play until you hear the refs call

I never bagged Gidley...I simply said that the ref made a bad call...

KempoKnight

Juniors

The player is held when the ref calls held, no more no less. Seeing that the ref didn't call held and the player with the ball was still moving there was nothing wrong with the try. Now Tits or GTFO nuffy.

"mometum is not taken into consideration when deciding when a player is held"
jezuz christ what a stick you are...:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

The try that the knights allowed in for the cows to get to 10 points was bad!...geez you see than movement ten times a game.So much so thats its actually boring to watch.Was a bad bad bad defensive lapse by Doogs i thought

Shorty

Staff member
Keep your arguments civil guys.

Oh man what a crap game,congrats to the Knights though...must have been a while since winning up north yeah?

Bicey_18

Bench
Keep your arguments civil guys.

Oh man what a crap game,congrats to the Knights though...must have been a while since winning up north yeah?

Thanks Shorty

We won our last game in Townsville actually but since then lost to Brisbane and Titans

Whats Doing

Bench
Where did this f**kwit Tank come from??

Gidley's try was a dead set try. No questions asked.

Anyway, a disappinting effort overall considerung the cows had 7 players out. I thought Naquaima had a piss poor game and has hands like feet and Patto was pretty lacks concentration.

The 4 SOS players played well and that got us over the line. Some individual spurts of brillance from the others at times but we do lack consistency over a 80 mnute period. Our D really needs to stiffen up.

Yosh

Coach
Nothing against Coops but when I saw him drop like a fly I instantly got images of Aku racing through the field.

Me to Me to!!!

The thing is seroiusly... the knights have to learn to win against all teams. We bloody compete so hard if we feel we are underdogs or are not going to win, but once we get a good lead going and so on... we dose off.... We should of easily won those two games against warriors and there was one more I forget but yeah... Far out... Anyways good win