What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys trial

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
Well overall I am very disappointed with our "regular 1st graders" continuing on from 2012 with lack of effort and dropped balls...

Enter the youngns ... Very happy with the effort from these boys tonight...

Stock well, drinkwater, quinlan, king.... Well done boys..

FYI drinkwater is no small boy, he has the size to have a go..

Memo to price, play the boys....please, don't stick with those who lack heart!......

Godz Illa

Coach
I didn't think Drinkwater did anything particularly special.

But Quinlan impressed, and Cameron King was fantastic.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I harped on Cam King getting a run all of last year. He is a much better prospect than Rein who I believe is overrated...particularly on this forum.

Godz Illa

Coach
He defended stoutly tonight as well, which has been an area of his game that let him down in the past.

But yeah, I'm feeling a little more positive about the season ahead

Breathingfire

Juniors
You have that in reverse - Rein deserves the credit - King is much more hyped.

No. Rein is nothing special but much loved on this forum. King has huge potential but injuries have held him back. I think Rein is like our Kevin Kingston; a good solid first grader and nothing more. He lacks the athleticism and skill to ever be a rep class player. King on the other hand could be anything.

thommo4pm

Coach
Quinlan, King, Vea, Stockwell and Runciman all impressed me.
Soward looked good in patches, but received some shocking service from Fien in the first 2 quarters.

There is no room for Prior in our top 17. Too many other blokes with some mongrel and enthusiasm. I think Prior and Fien will be spending some time with the Cutters.
Chase Stanley might struggle also to keep out Vidot.

Stagger Lee

Bench
King has huge potential but injuries have held him back. ..... King on the other hand could be anything.

And there is the hype I refer too! ;-)

I like King - great potential - but it's about time the hype stopped and the results came through - hopefully this is his year.

Breathingfire

Juniors
And there is the hype I refer too! ;-)

I like King - great potential - but it's about time the hype stopped and the results came through - hopefully this is his year.

Fair call. I have been critical of the same thing with the Stanley brothers I guess.

Rein is over rated getting picked in the NSW emerging team must mean that.

King is injury prone has talent yet can't string games together until he does he'll have to bid his time he'll get a chance this year no need to worry about that.

hardbaby

Coach
It's great to read this. I would love to have seen the game. This forum is good to get a "feel" for what's happening. Anyway, sounds like a promising start and the youngsters impressed. It's what we want. Go the Dragons.

Latest posts