What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Frawley GOOOOOOONE

raidersforme

Juniors
Titans will give Frawley a golden handshake
Sam Worthington
space.gif

Canberra Raiders back Craig Frawley may fill the void troubled Titan Chris Walker has left, the Gold Coast club said yesterday. Canberra recruited Frawley from the Brisbane Broncos in 2003. But injuries have hampered the 26-year-old since, and he has played just 22 first-grade games.
Titans managing director Michael Searle yesterday told The Canberra Times that Frawley's agent, David Phillips, had approached the Titans about a move north.
"I have spoken to his agent and he has expressed to me that he is keen to come back to Queensland," Searle said. "With that in mind we'll probably give Canberra a call next week and have a chat to [Raiders chief executive] Simon [Hawkins] and [general manager] Don [Furner] and see what their plans are for Craig."
Walker last week revealed he was suffering from depression after an alcohol-related incident at Surfers Paradise this month.
The Titans fined Walker, who remains on the club's books. He appears unlikely to play first-grade in the immediate future. He has entered an eight-week rehabilitation program.
That leaves the Titans short on outside-back depth and Searle said the Gold Coast was interested in handing Frawley a lifeline.
"He'd be on an incentive-based contract for us but we'd look at providing him with an opportunity if he wants to have a try," he said.
The 189cm centre/wing comes off contract with the Raiders at the end of this season. His first-grade prospects at Canberra seem slim - Phil Graham, David Howell, Adrian Purtell, Colin Best and Marshall Chalk are all established members of the side.
Furner said the club was open-minded about releasing Frawley.
"He's a good fella so we won't stand in his way," Furner said.

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de... league&story_id=578691&category=Rugby League

dubby

Bench
Edwahu said:
So will we sign this up and comer before or after we get Jacob Lillyman and Nate Myles?

I wonder when players will actually sign this year? I miss June 30 - we will probably have a year of getting our hopes up now.

Myles at least considered the club, and in hindsight I'm glad he didnt sign. According to RLW he signed with the Chooks because Ricky promised him a Aust. jumper.

Lilyman was an assumption of mine. When I was told we were chasing a Qld SOO player I assumed it was Lilyman. It was actually Myles.

And I must make it clear, again, that no offer or approach has been made. It was said that the club like Steve Michaels.

Make of that what you will. Personally, I hope we dont sign him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
thickos said:
Sounds like he couldn't wait to get out of Canberra... cya Frawls.

should work out nicely
he cant wait to get out, and we cant wait to get him out

make like a tree and f**k off frawley :)

Chachi

Bench
Good fella my arse. More like soft gutless wonder.

I had high hopes for this bloke, but he's taken our club for a ride.

thickos

First Grade
The release of Craig Frawley was on Seven News and on Canberra WIN TV apparently.

I'll update the contracts thread...

What would Canberra fans think of Chris Walker at the Raiders? Could be a possibility seeing Canberra are after an experienced outside back, and Chris seeming to burn his bridges at just about all other clubs, and probably desperate to get a run just about anywhere. Thoughts???

Chachi

Bench
That's simply not going to happen. The last thing Chris Walker needs is to move to Canberra and the last thing Canberra needs is Chris Walker to come here.

Even if I did want him (which I don't), we're not a rehab centre.

Id have him, was in great form before his troubles, and if he can sort him self out, I think would be a good signing for the club

azza

Juniors
Walker is an assclown of the utmost proportions - he would sully the green jersey if he ever came to this club. No thanks.

Edwahu

Bench
I watched the first half of Souths Logan vs Burleigh Bears last night on ABC. Tana Wulf wasn't playing but another guy, Kyle Lodge who we apparently have under contract was. He was pretty impressive at center. Anyone have a clue if he is going to be brought back down here in the future?

There was another player, Kieran Whalley I think, that we have contracted. He didnt do much.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Was Lodge the right centre who beat a couple than flicked it out the back to the winger for a try? Only thing I saw him do but he looked like the Raiders could get something out of him. The hooker got the forwards around decently aswell and his passes hit the chest which were on good angles.

The wingers had abit of pace also.

steven_tiger

Juniors
Edwahu said:
I watched the first half of Souths Logan vs Burleigh Bears last night on ABC. Tana Wulf wasn't playing but another guy, Kyle Lodge who we apparently have under contract was. He was pretty impressive at center. Anyone have a clue if he is going to be brought back down here in the future?

There was another player, Kieran Whalley I think, that we have contracted. He didnt do much.

Lodge played Flegg last year for the Raiders.

Is impressive, but injured his foot/ankle mid way through the year if I remember correctly.

He has major tabs on himself too.

raidersforme

Juniors
Frawley let go and on a road to nowhere
Sam Worthington
space.gif

Unwanted Raider Craig Frawley has been released from the Canberra club and will move back to Brisbane.Frawley, 26, was signed from the Brisbane Broncos on a three-year deal in 2004 but injuries have curtailed his 23-game career. The centre/wing said he would be fit to play again in two weeks but had not yet been in contact with other NRL clubs.
Frawley was released from his Canberra contract on April 20.
Gold Coast Titans managing director Michael Searle told The Canberra Times last week his club was interested in pursuing Frawley.
The Titans are without the services of outside back Chris Walker, who is undergoing rehabilitation for alcohol problems and depression.
But Frawley said his focus was settling his family in Brisbane.
"They [Raiders] told me I'm free to negotiate, they've released me so I'll just go," Frawley said.
"At this stage I'm just looking to move home and I don't know what I'm going to do as far as football.
"I'm just going to stay with family up there and try and work out what I'm going to do, whether I'm going to play again this year or not."
Frawley denied manager David Phillips had been talking to the Titans or other NRL clubs.
Despite lacking motivation, Frawley was adamant he would again play NRL football.
"I'm sure I'll play down the track but my priority is to just take my family home," he said. "I'm not thinking about any clubs in the NRL or any clubs to play for."
SUNDAY
Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles, Canberra Stadium, 2pm.TV time: Live on Fox Sports 3.Tickets available through Ticketek

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/de...by union&story_id=580225&category=Rugby Union

thickos

First Grade
He'll be the lost to the game IMO, already citing a lack of motivation... see ya later.

Then again Elliott tried to turn him into a forward, who wouldn't lose motivation!

Latest posts