What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm a strange fellow with this game.

I can bowl well in Test matches on any difficulty and enjoy it. But batting I only enjoy in Twenty/20 or ODI's, because in Tests the CPU never fixes their damn fields to suit the play. You have a batsman on 200* scoring off the same shot every over. :fist:

I can't bowl that well in ODI's unless I bowl yorkers (which gets boring). But I can bat well.

And then there's the batting on 3* or higher. I always get out for low scores. :crazy:

Still - it's a fun game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Shots that usually work for me are leg glances and cover drives - at least until my confidence goes up.

But the confidence only goes up when you score 4's and 6's. :crazy:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I find when you bowl a yorker that's too full, they'll always smack it for 6.

What I usualy do is bowl it just before the crease line - that way, they normally go for a drive, miss and get clean bowled.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Shots that usually work for me are leg glances and cover drives - at least until my confidence goes up.

But the confidence only goes up when you score 4's and 6's. :crazy:

Don't attempt a cover drive on a green pitch, caught behind.

I like to straight drive, but it depends on the type of match and the field settings. Also if you get the 'ideal' timing and score the confidence will sometimes go up but only very slightly.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Charging swipe to the on side gets me a stack of runs, especially when the field is aggressively set.

JoeD

First Grade
A safe shot on 3* or lower is a slog to cow corner or square leg depending on the field. This works for virtually any delivery that isn't a bouncer.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I like to play shots down to fine leg (computer always has a fielder there), usually gets two runs or a single and if the delivery has any sort of bounce on it and you time the shot slightly early it goes straight behind you for four runs and the computer moves a fielder there so you can smash the next delivery straight down the ground. Got 108 from 89 balls with Shane Watson on 4* using this and Watson isn't too flash with the bat on 4*.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just did Pura Cup NSW v WA, 970 all out first innings. Every single player down the order managed a score of 75 or more, including two 100's, one from Haddin and one from Jacques.

I'm not overly familiar with the terminology tbh, but every time I basically pointed the shot to the leg side, hit 'D' and 'Shift' together, and the ball lofted over the boundary for six.

willvillain

Juniors
I played a 'knock-out' ODI tournament as Australia against basically the dud sides (on 5*).

Performed pretty well. Canada were a pushover. The Dutch a lot harder, but still easy. Ended up getting flogged by the Poms though.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I just played on 4* and did the same... well - only 750 but still.