What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Marshall_magic said:
yeah, shame I couldn't go on with it, I think he ended up with about 62 off 15, in the 5 overs I got about 3/120

I know its a different game but I got 203 off 79 with Matty hayden on Cricket 2002. Pretty damn easy to his sixes. :cool: I got 37 off the 1st over with 6 sixes and a wide. Ended up with 352 off 20 overs.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I found the game too easy so I created 20 odd players that weren't very good and replaced the entire NSW squad with them. Then put the NSW players into the other state squads randomly. Basically on 4* level it is almost impossible to hit a 4 yet alone a 6.

CJG 182

Juniors
Ok so i just started playing this, 2 star is ridiculously easy! I bowled out South Africa in to world cup for 41. Chased it in 2 overs.

JoeD

First Grade
I've played cricket 02 and on the PC version at least I can't hardly tell the difference. The batting seems exactly the same as previous versions and the bowling still pisses me off. Its too easy to bowl wides and no balls. The wides especially seem rather random.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The big batting improvements are on PS2 with the century stick, there really isn't much you could do to improve it on computer I'd imagine.

The wides go from one extreme to the other in the two forms of cricket, for me anyway. They give wide to alot of good deliveries in one dayers but in tests I had Pollock bowling a delivery to me that was a good half a metre (by scale) behind Hayden and the umpire didn't call it.

Sanchez

Coach
anything leg side is done

even a swing and a miss that goes between leg stump and the batsman is wided sometimes

JoeD

First Grade
I think i'm ready to move up a difficulty level (with batting at least) I just reverse swept Lee for 6 haha

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Sanchez said:
anything leg side is done

even a swing and a miss that goes between leg stump and the batsman is wided sometimes

That is strange. The only bug I have found is that sometimes the umpire calls byes on a hit but the scorecard doesn't record it this way so I don't care.

JoeD

First Grade
There are so many little things they could fix that have been bad from the beginning.
Just a few:
The wicketkeeper appealing to the bowlers umpire for run outs instead of square leg.
Appealing for every tight run and even some that aren't tight.
The ball physics is shocking - the ball bounces off the crowd and goes over the back of the stand. A ball that goes nearly straight up and lands just outside the circle suddenly bounces away from a fielder and goes for four.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
JoeD said:
There are so many little things they could fix that have been bad from the beginning.
Just a few:
The wicketkeeper appealing to the bowlers umpire for run outs instead of square leg.
Is that really an issue.

JoeD said:
Appealing for every tight run and even some that aren't tight.
The appeal happens whenever the stumps are hit. I don't really care about that.

JoeD said:
The ball physics is shocking... A ball that goes nearly straight up and lands just outside the circle suddenly bounces away from a fielder and goes for four.

This has never happened to me but perhaps the spin imparted onto the ball could cause this.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
OK. I've tried and tried but I give up.

HOW DO YOU HIT A SIX? :crazy:

willvillain

Juniors
PC or other?

If it's PC, then shift+whatever you normally do. Timing etc obviously the key, but shift is the 'big hit' button.

Easiest places to hit sixes:

- Leg side is generally the easiest. Hooks/pulls/balls up on the pads all sail away.
- Straight drives/long-on
- Cover drive

Three easiest places.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If it's short, but not too short, advance down the wicket and use a lofted shot - chances are you'll smack it straight down the ground for 6.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think the Aussies' current form is rubbing off on me...

I'm doing a tour of the Windies as Australia. I've already played all the Tests and 4-day tour matches (won them all). And so we get to the One Day series and Tour matches.

First match is against Trinidad. My squad:

Shane Watson
Phil Jacques
Matthew Hayden
Simon Katich (C)
Luke Ronchi (WK)
Cameron White
Beau Casson
Mitchell Johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Nathan Bracken

They bat first, and score 271.

Chasing 272, we manage 272 with just one wicket to spare and one ball to spare. Mitchell Johnson top scores with 66*.

Next match is against the Windies. My squad:

Adam Gilchrist (WK)
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting (C)
Michaek Hussey
Michael Clarke
Andrew Symonds
Cameron White
Shane Watson
Brad Hogg
Brett Lee
Glenn McGrath

They win the toss and bat first - they are all out eventually for 295.

So, chasing 296 for the win, we're all out for 285 - this, after my top four batsmen scored 200 runs amongst them!

I don't know what the hell happened to me, but I must admit it's kind of fun - adds spice to the rest of the series.

Latest posts