What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

TheParraboy

Staff member
The whole points system isnt the best measure but now to adjust it is even more laughable when no test cricket is played

India probably go further ahead if they lose the WTC Final :rolleyes:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The whole points system isnt the best measure but now to adjust it is even more laughable when no test cricket is played

India probably go further ahead if they lose the WTC Final :rolleyes:

this is probably why they want to take over the ICC, some of the rules need massaging to keep India on top

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Written by a rich owner of an IPL team

seems more like wishful thinking so he can get richer

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Channel 9 Mark GIF by The Block

TheParraboy

Staff member
This bloke predicted IPL will become 12 teams and 3.5 months long within 10 years (article was initially written in 2021 when there was 8 teams).

He also said Womens IPL isnt far away, this year was the first installment

Thank the lord jesus the IPL is run at the same time as the NRL , The Bachelor and The Masked singer

King-Gutho94

Coach
This bloke predicted IPL will become 12 teams and 3.5 months long within 10 years (article was initially written in 2021 when there was 8 teams).

He also said Womens IPL isnt far away, this year was the first installment

Thank the lord jesus the IPL is run at the same time as the NRL , The Bachelor and The Masked singer

Outside of India has the IPL really captured the world. It's been 15 years and I couldn't give a stuff. And I reckon most people in Australia agree.

You never hear any updates on scores on the radio like the EPL for example the following morning.

I barely watch it and don't have a team that I barrick for.

Players float from franchise to franchise earning a shitload of money. Good luck to them.

But in terms of care factor and passion for the tournament I don't think much is ever remembered from each tournament.

King-Gutho94

Coach

TheParraboy

Staff member
Outside of India has the IPL really captured the world. It's been 15 years and I couldn't give a stuff. And I reckon most people in Australia agree.

You never hear any updates on scores on the radio like the EPL for example the following morning.

I barely watch it and don't have a team that I barrick for.

Players float from franchise to franchise earning a shitload of money. Good luck to them.

But in terms of care factor and passion for the tournament I don't think much is ever remembered from each tournament.

Considering the market of India alone, the IPL is huge irrespective how we feel it is like elsewhere.
The power and money generated is insane. That's before we get into the Indian national team revenue. Do we really want or need IPL to be huge elsewhere ? Blimey that would be world domination

The IPL viewing rights are sold around the world to all the main cricketing nations + some, including (I found it surprising) Pakistan. We have a ton of sub continent ex pats here in Oz, lot of people new to cricket who love only t20 and a lot of cricket nutters, so be worthwhile for fox to continually renew IPL rights which they do yearly (just more coin to the ipl)

I have it on in the background if im up as nothing else on. Its shits all over the BBL in terms of quality and atmosphere, destroys the BBL in terms of revenue, yet most of us on here will bitch how shit the BBL is yet still watch it regularly and have a team to follow. Sign of insanity perhaps, then again a lot of us are rock solid eels, raiders or dragons supporters so we can watch through anything 1683788870927.gif

I remember a few on here back in 2007-2008 circa when T20 was hyped, saying it will fade, will die off in 10 years time they said, solid opinion at the time. Yet here we are , approaching 20 years , we have T20 series played everywhere in many nations, we have a T20 WC every two years, the IPL juggernaut is a monster that keeps growing.

I don't like it or agree with where the game of cricket is heading, but really dont see a solution other than if there is some sort of shake up or breakaway away from India by most of the test nations, but that would mean breaking away from big coin as well. Cant see Poms or us instigating or being a part of this

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
The fact is, it's inevitable that most cricket tournaments around the world will effectively become minor league tournaments feeding into the IPL. There is simply too much money in that tournament. And with the population and wealth in India it can only grow. It's already got the second highest per-game value TV rights in the world after the NFL. And the crowds they get are insane, they sell out almost every match.

It's ten teams now - what about when it's 14? Or 20? It'll happen eventually. They have the money and fans to support that sort of growth. And suddenly the tournament is going for six months and that's what the best players in the world commit to first and foremost.

It makes me sad to say because I love test cricket, but this is going to be the reality of it whether we like it or not.