What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Pippen94

First Grade
I’ve been told by South Africans I’ve known/met that it’s when black people came to power is when this shit all started. It’s f**ked. My dad did a lot of business in South Africa and has some pretty unpleasant stories about dealing with South African businessmen.

You should've seen apartaid. That was really unpleasant

King hit

Coach
You should've seen apartaid. That was really unpleasant
Yeah their history is pretty sad. Great people though South Africans I’ve had some great times with them. Can’t judge citizens on what their government does. I remember reading about the wallaby tours to South Africa in the 60’s what they say was horrific.

Everyone who tells me this are very level headed normal people who aren’t extremists who’ve all said the same thing so I just take their word for it.

Pippen94

First Grade
Yeah their history is pretty sad. Great people though South Africans I’ve had some great times with them. Can’t judge citizens on what their government does. I remember reading about the wallaby tours to South Africa in the 60’s what they say was horrific.

Everyone who tells me this are very level headed normal people who aren’t extremists who’ve all said the same thing so I just take their word for it.

That's a fair reply. My post was a bit glib looking for confrontation, but yeah complicated situation

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The baggy green is still a coveted thing for Australian cricketers and the test players get a good wage so I don’t think this is something that will happen to us. I love test matches and never want them to die.

I'm sure every Australian cricketer would take a baggy green over a T20 contract

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’ve been told by South Africans I’ve known/met that it’s when black people came to power is when this shit all started. It’s f**ked. My dad did a lot of business in South Africa and has some pretty unpleasant stories about dealing with South African businessmen.
Yep I agree especially when they have diplomatic immunity.

1704221198467.png

Bazal

Post Whore

I think that's a super simplistic way of putting it. It's got a lot more to do with cultural and social history than race or colour.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

No wicketkeeper had more dismissals than Carey in 2023. With 54 dismissals (44 catches and 10 stumpings) in 12 matches, Carey was head and shoulders above the rest, with the next keeper on the list

yeah, huge surprise based on those stats, gotta get that clickbait headline in though

simmo1

First Grade
ICC Men’s ODI team of the year

Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Travis Head, Virat Kohli, Daryl Mitchell, Heinrich Klaasen (wk), Marco Jansen, Adam Zampa, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami

You'd think India might have won the WC or something.

bazza

Immortal
Good read coming to a bookstore near you

What separates Winners from everyone else?

In September 2015, Shane Watson, one of cricket's greatest allrounders, was contemplating retirement. At 34, he was still in great physical shape, but his form had deteriorated following a tragedy the year before. Mentally, he was in the darkest hole of his life.

A chance meeting with IndyCar champion Will Power changed everything, prompting Shane to work with world-renowned mental performance coach Dr Jacques Dallaire. It was a decision that would reshape his life.

Watson discovered the keys to a consistent mental process that gave him access to his skillset once more. Across his career he'd had many glimpses of the right mindset but had so often sabotaged himself as he lacked the understanding, tools, and blueprint to repeat them. Watson would go on to dominate global T20 cricket, testing his new mental process against the best players in the world.

In The Winner's Mindset, Watson shares the secrets that helped him tap into his skillset at will. Using his own in-game experiences, scientific methodology and an easy-to-understand mental skills framework, he makes you performance ready for every situation, eliminating stress and anxiety. Whether you're a cricketer or simply seeking success in life, you'll learn universal techniques that apply to any performance arena

Latest posts