What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol the ICC rated the Perth wicket "average" which is the lowest possible pass mark.

What match did Madugalle watch? That was one of the best Test match pitches I've seen in years ffs!

Matt23

Staff member
Lol the ICC rated the Perth wicket "average" which is the lowest possible pass mark.

What match did Madugalle watch? That was one of the best Test match pitches I've seen in years ffs!
If that was rated average, I can't wait to see what the impending road on boxing Day is rated.

roofromoz

First Grade
Got to say that The Nightwatchmen is an improvement on Second Year Syndrome.

Maybe because there's no Pagey.

TheParraboy

Staff member

At times the deck was dangerous, bounce was insane. Guys got hit in the head, Over keepers head a few times etc...

Other times it kept insanely low , (cummins dismissal).

Can understand the mark

Bazal

Post Whore
At times the deck was dangerous, bounce was insane. Guys got hit in the head, Over keepers head a few times etc...

Other times it kept insanely low , (cummins dismissal).

Can understand the mark

Disagree. All that stuff was a trademark of late day WACA pitches, that folks kept crying out for when they started producing those awful drop ins.

I'd say it was a hell of a lot less dangerous than the classic WACA pitches. The first day was good for batting, it held together well and you could score on all five days if you were good enough, but there was bounce and Sean for the quicks and it turned. Literally something for every player.

Maybe the heat opened up a few cracks that would prevent it from being a "very good" but easily a good pitch

TheParraboy

Staff member
Disagree. All that stuff was a trademark of late day WACA pitches, that folks kept crying out for when they started producing those awful drop ins.

I'd say it was a hell of a lot less dangerous than the classic WACA pitches. The first day was good for batting, it held together well and you could score on all five days if you were good enough, but there was bounce and Sean for the quicks and it turned. Literally something for every player.

Maybe the heat opened up a few cracks that would prevent it from being a "very good" but easily a good pitch

Dont get me wrong, I loved the deck.

The bounce varying from session to session a few times throughout the test , the commentators couldn't believe what they were seeing. Bouncy one session, placid the next. Probably why it got the average score, without focusing on the drama/theatre/scores of the match itself.

typicalfan

Coach
Dont get me wrong, I loved the deck.

The bounce varying from session to session a few times throughout the test , the commentators couldn't believe what they were seeing. Bouncy one session, placid the next. Probably why it got the average score, without focusing on the drama/theatre/scores of the match itself.
That can be attributed to the quality of bowling and batting from session to session as well as the pitch. Kohli wasn't really troubled or in danger because his technique held strong.

I would agree on the side of the icc couldn't be seen rating a pitch better than average that saw some players getting hit (some could interpret that as endorsing a pitch that causes injury) especially these days.