What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
FNQUG1ZIM5WI3TP.LARGE.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hope when they do a bat flip, it lands on the oppositions captains toe, or hits him in the head and he cant play in the match

gUt

Coach
Another rake-handle to the face for CA:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12...lash-over-shaded-seats-perth-stadium/10612452

Cricket Australia faces fan backlash after closing shaded areas at Perth Stadium for second Test

"Fan first" was the phrase spruiked by former West Australian premier Colin Barnett in the lead up to the opening of the state-of-the-art Perth Stadium.

"As the Government has said all along, the new Perth Stadium will be a world-class venue built with a 'fan first' philosophy," he said in 2013.

World-class? Yes. Fan first? Hmmm.

As the first Test match at the new venue approaches, many have been left disgruntled.

Cricket Australia has caused controversy by choosing not to open the top tier of the stadium for the second Test between Australia and India due to poor ticket sales.

It means many cricket fans will be forced to sit in direct sun on the lower levels, in temperatures that will be approaching 40 degrees Celsius.

Peter Wright from the Perth suburb of Carlisle, who has been a cricket fan for 60 years, slammed Cricket Australia's decision as "ridiculous".

"I was astounded, we've put up with sun exposure at the WACA for years and years and years," he said.

"I thought at last we've got a solution and then suddenly Cricket Australia, who I don't think paid any money towards us having the stadium, it was mainly a public-funded thing, tell us we can't sit in the shade in our own stadium.

"I'd just like to know how Cricket Australia has the right to decide this for our populace?"

continues...

Eelectrica

Referee
Closing off shaded areas in 35+ degree heat isn't exactly going to help with ticket sales.
How stupid is CA. I get that their are maintenance costs attached, but I'm pretty sure CA can afford it.

jargan83

Coach
Closing off shaded areas in 35+ degree heat isn't exactly going to help with ticket sales.
How stupid is CA. I get that their are maintenance costs attached, but I'm pretty sure CA can afford it.

Level 5 is open for the members area so that will likely grind their gears a little more.

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member

that's why they are dong it I guess (according to the article), cause ticket sales are poor

question is why are ticket sales poor in the first place, especially days 1-3 (fri-sat-sun)

Have they even tried to promote the game, promote good package deals for families etc....

There have been years I have got my butt to the SGC test solely cause of the pink test (McGrath foundation to be exact). Ill buy some merchandise and feel good ive done something good, as well as there for the cricket

Maybe other venues need something like this, to draw people in? We need crowds to come to tests

hineyrulz

Post Whore
CA have changed the name of Allan Border Medal night as well, they really are good at derping and winning over the fans. They should have a Derp off with the team.

Timbo

Staff member
I dunno, I get the name change to the Australian Cricket Awards.

They've pushed women's cricket so much in the last few years, and awards are given to male and female cricketers on the night.

The medal is still called the Allan Border Medal. The name of the ceremony just reflects that the night is for both sexes.

And if changing the name of the awards night is enough to alienate you from cricket, then perhaps you are being just a little bit precious.

Bazal

Post Whore
I dunno, I get the name change to the Australian Cricket Awards.

They've pushed women's cricket so much in the last few years, and awards are given to male and female cricketers on the night.

The medal is still called the Allan Border Medal. The name of the ceremony just reflects that the night is for both sexes.

And if changing the name of the awards night is enough to alienate you from cricket, then perhaps you are being just a little bit precious.

Yep, 100%

It needed a change with the increased focus on the Belinda Clark medallist.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Look in the mirror medallist would have covered all bases and brought the masses together...